• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Windrush

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43726976

Thousands of people who arrived in the UK as children in the first wave of Commonwealth immigration face being threatened with deportation.

They have lived and worked in the UK for decades but many are now being told they are there illegally.

i don’t believe this for a minute, especially as I know people who claim to be the children of the windrush generation.  They are more cockerney geezer than the pearly king and queen. 

So, what gives?  What’s the real story behind this? 

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

They'll "try" to deport them.

They'll be no popular support for that - it's a mental idea - so there'll be a big "pro-immigration" campaign against it.

The narrative is now set. That campaign will be used to justify all sorts of pro migrant policies and actions on the future, because of the clear public support demonstrated.

Yep, exactly my view. Yet if you asked the decendents of the windrush what they thought of that, I’m sure they be even more against it than us dosbodders  

1 minute ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It's a total disgrace.

We asked them to come here and we are telling them to go home.

For no fathomable purpose.

Meanwhile we have people we didn't ask to come here blowing us up - and embrace them with benefits and free homes. 

The thing is, I’m not convinced we are telling them to go home. I have a mate who,swears his parents came over on the windrush. He ould be shouting from the rooftops if this was the case. 

Im thinking it is yet another obfuscation and distraction event, serving the purpose of shaping the narrative 

13 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

They'll "try" to deport them.

They'll be no popular support for that - it's a mental idea - so there'll be a big "pro-immigration" campaign against it.

The narrative is now set. That campaign will be used to justify all sorts of pro migrant policies and actions on the future, because of the clear public support demonstrated.

Quite and Blair will be on the TV saying that he was right all along and the people of the UK want masses of immigrants to come to the Uk and that no one should be sent back (as the people have shown by their support of those other immigrants) and so clearly freedom of movement is the way forward ....

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

The thing is, I’m not convinced we are telling them to go home.

They definitely are unfortunately.

I guess if it wasn't for family ties some of them may quite like to go home to Caribbean or wherever. One thing to want to go, quite different to be told to leave.

3 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

They definitely are unfortunately.

I guess if it wasn't for family ties some of them may quite like to go home to Caribbean or wherever. One thing to want to go, quite different to be told to leave.

Rephrasing that, they shouldn’t be telling them to go home. These people have been here and contributing for years.  

I don’t include the bus drivers son in this  btw 

Tbh, we should use this as a reason to get rid of the ones with criminal records and the ones that don't work....

SJWs often tell us that anyone is British if they were born here. Using the same logic these people are Jamaicans etc.....

I remember lots of scummy Jamaicans in the 70s and 80s, young and semi-criminal with a big chip on their shoulder. Lots of rose-tinted spectacle stuff going on here, like with the sikhs and their various demands, all seemingly forgotten.

Edited by Panther

1 hour ago, Panther said:

I remember lots of scummy Jamaicans in the 70s and 80s, young and semi-criminal with a big chip on their shoulder. Lots of rose-tinted spectacle stuff going on here, like with the sikhs and their various demands, all seemingly forgotten.

Whilst I agree with you, the antics of the few we had in the 70's and 80's pale into insignificance compared to the current scum.

People who had "worked hard, paid their taxes, raised children and see Britain as their home" were being "threatened and harassed" by the Home Office in what he described as "an historic injustice".

It was particularly ironic, he added, because 2018 was the 70th anniversary of the Empire Windrush's arrival at Tilbury docks, in Essex.

He said his aim was to gain the 100,000 signatures needed to trigger a debate in Parliament and force the government to stop deportations, establish an amnesty and pay compensation to those who had suffered "loss and hurt".

Labour MP David Lammy, who is backing the campaign, tweeted: "We invited people as citizens, Home Office treating them like criminals."

Is it an issue of sorting the wheat from the chaff. 

It's difficult for the bureaucrats to sort out old arrivals from recent arrivals even if by now the old arrivals are now more local than the locals.  So far as a bureaucrats is concerned if deportations are actually on the cards they have a problem as in Britain 2018 there will be forged document facilities and fake children and probably even fake wives available to give evidence at a price.

If they've "worked hard, paid their taxes" then there should be tax certification evidence of naturalisation if they haven't already claimed naturalisation so then there shouldn't be a problem.  If they haven't applied for naturalisation when they are entitled to it then you have to ask why didn't they.

Whenever Lammy is quoted I'm starting to get sceptical whether the argument is unbiased and whether it's based on that much logic.  It's more likely to be just future vote garnering because if they have a vote then they should already be naturalised or at least registered in some way.

Apart from that it sounds like a propaganda stunt to prove to all concerned that deportation is still a possibility whether it is or not.

Somehow the deportation issue still seems to lack credibility especially when the focus so quickly moves to compo.

Edited by twocents

How can anyone move to the UK fifty years ago and not have a British passport? Surely in the last fifty years they must have went on holiday etc...

If they kept their Jamaican passports they can't consider themselves British...

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

How can anyone move to the UK fifty years ago and not have a British passport? Surely in the last fifty years they must have went on holiday etc...

If they kept their Jamaican passports they can't consider themselves British...

I dunno, the establishment categorise those who have rocked up in the last months as British when they get caught doing naughty things.  I would say if you have lived here for 50 years, you are likely to be more British that those described as such....

19 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43726976

Thousands of people who arrived in the UK as children in the first wave of Commonwealth immigration face being threatened with deportation.

They have lived and worked in the UK for decades but many are now being told they are there illegally.

i don’t believe this for a minute, especially as I know people who claim to be the children of the windrush generation.  They are more cockerney geezer than the pearly king and queen. 

So, what gives?  What’s the real story behind this? 

I know a Lithuanian guy who has been here for 40+ years run his own business for 30 of them raised two children and held a British pass port 

He went to renew his expired passport to go on honeymoon after his fist wife of 30 odd years left him and he remarried only to be told he`s illegally living in the country and was going to be deported  

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I know a Lithuanian guy who has been here for 40+ years run his own business for 30 of them raised two children and held a British pass port 

He went to renew his expired passport to go on honeymoon after his fist wife of 30 odd years left him and he remarried only to be told he`s illegally living in the country and was going to be deported  

This is the kind of madness we have then.  This person has been a productive member of society, I would argue he has a right to be here. 

Then, we have the madness of letting isis fighters back into the country.  People who hate us and will never likely contribute. 

Madness, utter madness. 

39 minutes ago, One percent said:

This is the kind of madness we have then.  This person has been a productive member of society, I would argue he has a right to be here. 

Then, we have the madness of letting isis fighters back into the country.  People who hate us and will never likely contribute. 

Madness, utter madness. 

He was issued a British passport in the past paid tax via a national insurance number married a UK citizen twice and raised two kids eventually he was given leave to stay but it will cost the government dearly as he signed his house over to his kids thought fear of being deported ,but sadly now he has alzheimers which is going lead to residential care and with no assets to pay for it it will be coming from the public purse 

1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

He was issued a British passport in the past paid tax via a national insurance number married a UK citizen twice and raised two kids eventually he was given leave to stay but it will cost the government dearly as he signed his house over to his kids thought fear of being deported ,but sadly now he has alzheimers which is going lead to residential care and with no assets to pay for it it will be coming from the public purse 

I don’t understand how the establishment can rescind a passport. That’s one of the justifications for letting terrorists back in; they hold a British passport. 

Seems like dual standards to me. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I don’t understand how the establishment can rescind a passport. That’s one of the justifications for letting terrorists back in; they hold a British passport. 

Seems like dual standards to me. 

I think it was a case of the computer says no even though he had his old passport ,the fact he had to go for an interview to renew it says something had gone wrong /changed