• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Bakez said:

I run it from home

https://buildaskyminer.com

I think an incentivized tor network will become very appealing in a few years

will be interesting if apps like Facebook And Amazon could be run on it in a completely decentralized way, where each customer owns and controls their own data

thanks for posting. How long did it take to earn the $500? Did you just go with a single raspberry pi kit or maximise with 8? I've not looked much into this yet but for $55 seems like a well priced kit to get started. 

Edited by Admiral Pepe

Posted (edited)

I have an ‘official’ miner which is 8 orange Pis. I will be building my own DIY ones for 2 family members in the near future if it doesn’t turn out a complete scam.

It’s done per node. Each Pi will be a node.

At the moment it’s testnet and you need to be whitelisted to get rewards. So you need to build a miner which is dedicated hardware, 8 or 4 raspberry pis are fine and submit photos and documentation of the miner. 

i.e. You can’t just set it up on your laptop and get approved (although you can still use the VPN this way)

this guy has a good site and went full on with a custom DIY miner: https://christianott.co/skycoin_pine64miner_en/

The payment is just fixed per month for now. 6 SKY for each node. First month was June and about 3k nodes online. Now there are almost 7k. In the actual main net the payment is supposed to be based on how much data you forward in the network. Don’t know how the algorithm will be worked out to price that. This is the key point IMO.

So far I’m still borderline whether it’s a massive cult to get people buying useless junk. I have no hope in their plans for a meshnet for at least 10 years, but if In the next 3 there is an incentivized TOR where the coins are mined based on the data forwarded by your nodes, I think it will be successful. Demand for darknet and crypto that actually does something will only grow IMO.

Of course all rewards depend on the price of SKY not tanking to zero. But as long as the node count here keeps rising I don’t think it will: discovery.skycoin.net:8001

Edited by Bakez

1 hour ago, Bakez said:

I run it from home

https://buildaskyminer.com

I think an incentivized tor network will become very appealing in a few years

will be interesting if apps like Facebook And Amazon could be run on it in a completely decentralized way, where each customer owns and controls their own data

Thanks for the info.  I run a couple of zencash secure nodes but the roi just covers the vps rental.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, montecristo said:

Thanks for the info.  I run a couple of zencash secure nodes but the roi just covers the vps rental.

I dont know what the rewards will be in the future. From what I can see, skywire could range from a TOR v2 (realistically in the next few years), all the way to potentially being a complete upgrade of TCP/IP where IPs will be replaced with block chain addresses.

i think one of the main reasons for bitcoins success is the fact it gave people free money. Geeks were incentivized to mine and tinker around to optimise while mining this money. In that way the whole ecosystem grew organically with people competing against each other and ultimately improving the network

I can see the same organic growth happening with skywire eventually - miners modifying their nodes to provide the fastest service for the network to get more coins etc and ultimately improve the network

Edited by Bakez

On 21/07/2018 at 12:47, Bakez said:

I dont know what the rewards will be in the future. From what I can see, skywire could range from a TOR v2 (realistically in the next few years), all the way to potentially being a complete upgrade of TCP/IP where IPs will be replaced with block chain addresses.

i think one of the main reasons for bitcoins success is the fact it gave people free money. Geeks were incentivized to mine and tinker around to optimise while mining this money. In that way the whole ecosystem grew organically with people competing against each other and ultimately improving the network

I can see the same organic growth happening with skywire eventually - miners modifying their nodes to provide the fastest service for the network to get more coins etc and ultimately improve the network

Nope.

What Bitcoin (and all current crypto) did was convince people who actually have money (ie, stuff that can be swapped for labour or assets) to swap it for the crypto that had computed.   There was no actual generation of 'free' money.  

[Now, you could say that all 'money' is like this, but it isn't -- all normal (state sponsored) money is originally issued as a way of settling tax.  In this regard it has an actual value at the point where it is magicked out of thin air.  Gold is different, but it is at all points useful in making sparkly bangles.]

The question then is:  Will people in the future be willing to swap their calls on future labour / assets (ie, swap their money) for the new breeds of crypto?  The answer to this is almost certainly:  it depends on what happens to the future value of the current crops of crypto.

ex footballer teams up with ex record salesman

cnn.png

http://factfresh.com/gordon-ramsay-reveals-his-latest/

TV Chef & Restauranteur - Gordon Ramsay has announced that he has closed most of his restaurants and will be taking a break from the TV space in order to focus on his latest investment in Bitcoin RevolutionChef Ramsay revealed his 100 million dollar investment in Bitcoin Revolution today and is expecting to double the value of his investment in under a year. If you haven't heard of bitcoin yet, then this is something for you -Bitcoin Revolution.

1 hour ago, ashestoashes said:

cnn.png

TV Chef & Restauranteur - Gordon Ramsay has announced that he has closed most of his restaurants and will be taking a break from the TV space in order to focus on his latest investment in Bitcoin RevolutionChef Ramsay revealed his 100 million dollar investment in Bitcoin Revolution today and is expecting to double the value of his investment in under a year. If you haven't heard of bitcoin yet, then this is something for you -Bitcoin Revolution.

As far as scams go I'd rate it at about 1 out of 10.

Ya, the recent rise was a bull trap, and another rally in a downtrend.

2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

cnn.png

I don't think that is real news? It leads to a BBC webpage, but the address bar is something else.

19 hours ago, 201p said:

I don't think that is real news? It leads to a BBC webpage, but the address bar is something else.

scam.

3 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I've been following a guy on Twitter called cryptomento and his calls have been pretty good. Reckons we'll get as low as 4.8k before it booms. I've increased my BTC holding about 20% following his TA over the last few weeks.

Nice going, if I started trading I would be the guy who is down 20% to fund your gain. In other news BTC now > 50% dominance again, thinking that we might get a severe panic of alts into BTC at some point.

On 11/08/2018 at 12:20, goldbug9999 said:

In other news BTC now > 50% dominance again, thinking that we might get a severe panic of alts into BTC at some point.

Any day now surely ... (I hope noone here still has large alt holding)

Edited by goldbug9999

9 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Any day now surely ... (I hope noone here still has large alt holding)

I sold the majority of my crypto in December, did keep a small holding of XMR though for the long haul. Still a long way to go before it would be loss making. Saying that I wouldn't be surprised this bear market wipes away any gains. Bitcoin back to under £1000/$1000 imo