• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
M S E Refugee

UK to blame for Third World Homophobia

https://news.sky.com/story/tom-daley-makes-plea-for-commonwealth-lgbt-rights-after-winning-gold-11328681

Apparently despite many of the Commonwealth countries achieving independence over 60 years ago somehow the UK is responsible for their vile treatment of Homosexuals because they still use laws from Colonial times.

I'm sure these countries have had more than enough time to change or overturn any laws made by the British.

It is truly amazing how the left wing media manages to push the the blame onto the evil White Devils.

When I first heard that Daly had made some kind of political speech I thought FFS shut up you twat.

But actually I think he has a point. I have friends that didn't get off the cruise ship in Jamaica because they could be arrested. To my mind that is not acceptable, and needs bringing to wider attention.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

When I first heard that Daly had made some kind of political speech I thought FFS shut up you twat.

But actually I think he has a point. I have friends that didn't get off the cruise ship in Jamaica because they could be arrested. To my mind that is not acceptable, and needs bringing to wider attention.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's not Tom Daley saying that about the British Empire; it's the Sky journo.

As he''s a local boy I've seen a lot of coverage on him over the years and my take is that he idiolised his Dad who wanted him to achieve success in diving and coached him in it and he did everything he could to please him including training like a madman so he didn't really have a childhood.

His father died of cancer aged forty in 2011 (and yes I had to look that up) when Tom was seventeen which would have shattered anyone who was close to their father; and particularly Tom because they spent so much time together.

From what I've read he was regarded as a bit of a freak at school and had to change schools because of bullying.

Tbh I've a lot of sympathy and do fear that he's been taken advantage of by a predatory older man who saw a lonely but successful and attarctive much younger man; I get the impression that his twitter feed reflects his partner's thoughts and that his partner is his substitute father.

When he ceases diving, which will be in a very few years because the body cannot take those repeated shocks without problems, I fear he will become very troubled as diving has basically been who he is for as long as he can remember.

Yes I admire his bravery as he hasn't gone down the usual route of picking on easy targets, unfortunately the Sky Journalist has put his own spin on it.

Edited by M S E Refugee

14 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Apparently despite many of the Commonwealth countries achieving independence over 60 years ago somehow the UK is responsible for their vile treatment of Homosexuals because they still use laws from Colonial times.

I think we can go further than that in our blanket condemnation of rampant colonialism.

Had those nasty white people not broken up the Ottoman Caliphate less than a century ago, Sunni Islam would still have a Grand Mufti who could have issued a fatwa against homophobia.

But because of our short-sighted colonial arrogance, these poor salafists now have no-one to tell them that it's wrong to push people off tall buildings just because they're a little bit different to the rest of the population. And it's undoubtedly all our fault.

I really think someone important and well-respected in the region; Tony Blair for example, needs to tour the Middle East to apologise for this on our behalf.

After all, he did such a great job in saying sorry to everyone for the part we played in the slave trade...

Posted (edited)

How do commonwealth countries compare to others? I think South Africa, a commonwealth country, is the only state in Africa with LGBT protections. Canada probably has the most pro LGBT legislation in all the Americas. Nepal has the best protections in Asia. And so on...

Stereotypical SJW twaddle of the form: there is a problem, blame it on white colonialism regardless of how poorly it fits the facts. The truth is almost the diametric opposite.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

4 hours ago, Bkkandrew said:

The Graun going one further and asking Treason to apologise:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/16/theresa-may-urged-to-apologise-for-britains-anti-gay-colonial-past

Can't we just send Blair to do this? He was quite good at that kind of thing. He ride shotgun with Lily Allen and get her out of our hair for a while also!

That's really quite ridiculous. 

We've moved on, we don't burn people at the stake anymore, we don't poke fun at people in mental asylums amongst a thousand other positive social steps.

Not every piece of enlightenment needs to be prefaced with a fucking apology on behalf of dead people who didn't know any better.