DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

One percent

I don't normally bother with the economics stuff but could not resist posting this

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-59527357.html?utm_content=v2-ealertspropertyimage&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailupdates&utm_campaign=emailupdates1day&utm_term=buying&sc_id=4280938&onetime_FromEmail=true

for sale at 300k (it has been on and off for a while)

bought in 2007 for 450k

• Agree 2

The Masked Tulip

Spoke with a tame EA yesterday and he told me that the bos of the second biggest firm in my area had told his former boss that if it was not for thier rental business that they would be in big trouble.

This morning that same firm wrote to my neighbours telling them that they had seen that their property was being rented - it is not - by a rival firm and that they would be able to get a higher rent. Or something like that.

• Agree 1

One percent
29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well it's nice but £450k is a bubbletastic price to pay; what were they thinking?

Can't get a car anywhere near it and no work until you hit York. It could only ever be a holiday home.  

Incomers, or as we call them in the local area, 'white settlers ' with more money than sense. 

Frank Hovis
4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Can't get a car anywhere near it and no work until you hit York. It could only ever be a holiday home.  

Incomers, or as we call them in the local area, 'white settlers ' with more money than sense. 

I appreciate that but there's little homes like that in seaside villages around the country which if you're elderly and don't drive are nice places to dwell in and watch the world go by.

One percent
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I appreciate that but there's little homes like that in seaside villages around the country which if you're elderly and don't drive are nice places to dwell in and watch the world go by.

Maybe, but I think that this is spy's home village so you might find him wandering around with his nipple clamps.  Not such a good view then.  

On a serious note, it is not where the old folks live.  They live on bay top, or 'Thorpe, just along the road, which are the newer houses with car (and more importantly ambulance) access.  This is 100 percent second home territory 

Frank Hovis
9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Maybe, but I think that this is spy's home village so you might find him wandering around with his nipple clamps.  Not such a good view then.  

On a serious note, it is not where the old folks live.  They live on bay top, or 'Thorpe, just along the road, which are the newer houses with car (and more importantly ambulance) access.  This is 100 percent second home territory 

Got you, looking for out of towners to take a punt.

I knew someone who lived in Polperro, similarly picturesque seaside village, she had a fifteen minute walk to get to her car! She could drop stuff off and run it in but even so.

One percent
9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Got you, looking for out of towners to take a punt.

I knew someone who lived in Polperro, similarly picturesque seaside village, she had a fifteen minute walk to get to her car! She could drop stuff off and run it in but even so.

If I can offload the bugger, I would be delighted.  I thought I might find a greater fool on here. 

Only joking, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole 

• Agree 1

Frank Hovis
1 minute ago, One percent said:

If I can offload the bugger, I would be delighted.  I thought I might find a greater fool on here. 

Only joking, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole 

:D

On 04/05/2017 at 19:03, One percent said:

I want more money than sense!o.O

Green Devil
1 minute ago, One percent said:

That's not a drop, it's doubled in price O.o

give it time though. 

Yeah, totally nuts, its really worth 200k.

One percent
8 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Yeah, totally nuts, its really worth 200k.

Not even that.  Ordinary working person's house.

ordinary salary = 25k average x 3 times mortgage = 75k.  Add in a deposit 100k.  Add in the London factor 150k max.