• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Chewing Grass

New Car Registrations

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

She''ll be on ~7/h. 50h x 7 =  350/w x 1400/m (although her hours will fall down - a lot - out of season).

She can get 1k/m without hitting the IC limit.

Say her Mums chucks in 200/m for 'running her to shops'.

She lives with Mum, rent free.

But, yep, Nuts. For her drinign, which I doubt is more than 30miles max jounrey, she could get an OK x -hand car for 2k - 4  months payments.

Load of people in t'ord spot driving round in expensive cars and I think how do you afford that?  Loads of em. 

24 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Commented on the TO PCP thread.

A friend has a had mid range Audi 'left' outside her house for 5 days.

She posted on FB , asking if anyone knew who's it was - thinking it might have been stolen.

Cue massive FB 'Fuck my car, whats it to you etc etc'rant.

Turns out its 'owned' by a 22yo girl who works at a chipshop. She pays £500/m on PCP for it. I think her mum stubs up - she still lives at home.

Apparently its low on petrol so she's left it there til she gets paid and can affford to fill the tank.

Quite apart from anything else, it's the lack of imagination that gets me. Why does it have to be an Audi, or a BMW, or an Evoque. Other cars are available.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Load of people in t'ord spot driving round in expensive cars and I think how do you afford that?  Loads of em. 

Is tord spot. Car was up near the old Fylingdale EQS estate - big expensive car parked near small cheap (build) houses.

These houses were designed for 1 small car.

One of her defenders came up with 'Well, we've got 3 cars, so I have to park 2 elsewhere'

Town needs resident parking ASAP.1 free permit, 2nd @ 600/y. No more permits allocated.

4 minutes ago, eight said:

Quite apart from anything else, it's the lack of imagination that gets me. Why does it have to be an Audi, or a BMW, or an Evoque. Other cars are available.

What. Drive a fucking Dacia. Povo!

21 minutes ago, eight said:

Indeed, identikit cars.

I'm surprised there aren't more Lexuses about, that's a quality car and the only two of which I know are driven by our own @MrPin and an ex colleague who also has an old one.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed, identikit cars.

I'm surprised there aren't more Lexuses about, that's a quality car and the only two of which I know are driven by our own @MrPin and an ex colleague who also has an old one.

They've not got the badge, quality is for nought if it aint got the image.....

31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Town needs resident parking ASAP.1 free permit, 2nd @ 600/y. No more permits allocated.

I think all parking permits should go up in price. The city where I work charges £50 for a years parking permit. I don't have a permit and pay £1 an hour at the parking meter...

A £200 permit would mean a lot of people get rid of cars and use public transport instead - Government policy.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

I think all parking permits should go up in price. The city where I work charges £50 for a years parking permit. I don't have a permit and pay £1 an hour at the parking meter...

A £200 permit would mean a lot of people get rid of cars and use public transport instead - Government policy.

Where I live, Cornwall, public transport is not going to get you to work and back so for most people if you're going to work you need a car.  And many jobs here are very low paid.  I didn't have a car in London but here it is effectively a necessity.

The government doesn't need any more encouragement to tax people.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

What concerns me most is that impractical, oversize vehicles such as the Jaguar Tankything are being developed solely to appeal to these morons.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Is tord spot. Car was up near the old Fylingdale EQS estate - big expensive car parked near small cheap (build) houses.

These houses were designed for 1 small car.

One of her defenders came up with 'Well, we've got 3 cars, so I have to park 2 elsewhere'

What. Drive a fucking Dacia. Povo!

Round the back of the spar?  I'll go and have a look. B|

1 hour ago, eight said:

Cunt cars, because every cunt's got one.

Remember reading somewhere about why people buy these sort of cars, they are desperate for people to love them so believe that buying such cars will give them the love from others they think they deserve. It's the equivalent of holding a sign up and saying "i'm a good person honest, please love me!" Probably trace it back to their unloved childhood or something.

Edited by gibbon

2 hours ago, longtomsilver said:

About a week before my C250 estate went back to the lease company it got key'd on three panels at 3x£200 to spray the bonnet, door and side. I was livid... it was someone in my village who took offence to the parking issues (half on kerb/road) so I posted on the village FB page that our Christmas was cancelled (it was just before Christmas). I doubt he knew how pristine cars have to be on return or how much it costs to put them back to that state. I say him as (although I can't prove it) there's a grumpy old man on our road whose always complaining about something. Once he said to me the when I was in the war line as though that somehow made him superior to younger folks. Enraged I quipped back that I was in the war too (Iraq) and told him he was a CU next Tuesday, he went with his tale between his legs but I know it was him (he did the cars on the other side of the road too).

Bollocks... but I do believe you :D

Whats not to beleive about my anecdote? I checked it with a couple o3rd parties.

You are very unlikely to meet an OAP who was in 'the war' i.e. WW2. Hed have to be well into his 90s - normally well beyond doing anything.

There were no dangerous wars between WW2 and Falklands.

2 hours ago, eight said:

What concerns me most is that impractical, oversize vehicles such as the Jaguar Tankything are being developed solely to appeal to these morons.

Same reason everyone has tattoos, pitbulls, vagazzles, etc etc etc.

23 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

My neighbour got a MC in Korea....

Then there's Kenya, Egypt, the Suez, Dhofar, Ireland...

Then the SAS are always busy...

None were the war'.

Of those Korea was a war-ish.

The rest were skirmishes/civil thangs.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Whats not to beleive about my anecdote? I checked it with a couple o3rd parties.

You are very unlikely to meet an OAP who was in 'the war' i.e. WW2. Hed have to be well into his 90s - normally well beyond doing anything.

There were no dangerous wars between WW2 and Falklands.

I do believe you. People's expectations are so much higher nowadays. If it wasn't for all the bulked lease/pcp deals I'd say I was living above my station too. Falling back into my place now though.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

You don't get an "image" with a Lexus, and people let you out at junctions.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Indeed, identikit cars.

And me :) I've had every version of the IS since they came out.

And unlike my wife's car, paid for up front. :P

The German driving bunch don't like 'em as they think it's an old man's car.