• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Mellie

Very, very poorly

I'm properly Ill for the first time in years and I feel like sharing my misery!

It began on Saturday with some undue haste to clear the driveway drain of the detritus that had built up over the winter so I could wash it. Never took the half an hour it would have taken to drive to screwfix and get some long gloves.

Now I have an awful stomach bug and a nasty rash on my arm. Stay away from drains kids.

1 minute ago, Roger_Mellie said:

It began on Saturday with some undue haste to clear the driveway drain of the detritus that had built up over the winter so I could wash it. Never took the half an hour it would have taken to drive to screwfix and get some long gloves.

Now I have an awful stomach bug and a nasty rash on my arm. Stay away from drains kids.

Why don't you get on a bus, and let everyone have it?:Old:

4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

What is your temperature ?

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

What is your temperature ?

No idea, I'm not sure we have a thermometer since the kids got older. Should I be worried?

3 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Why don't you get on a bus, and let everyone have it?:Old:

I've been into work. I'm almost certain it's not contagious:ph34r:

Having an elevated temperature might suggest something serious going on.  It probably isn't a problem as you're feeling well enough to post messages on strange parts of the internet.

Trouble is, if it gets so bad that you're not capable of posting, then that might also mean that you're not capable of calling for help.  Are you on your own?

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Do their temperatures vary ? Black bodies can be a special case I suppose

It's something to do with Boltzmann's constant, and the fourth power of the temperature on the Absolute scale.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

Having an elevated temperature might suggest something serious going on.  It probably isn't a problem as you're feeling well enough to post messages on strange parts of the internet.

Trouble is, if it gets so bad that you're not capable of posting, then that might also mean that you're not capable of calling for help.  Are you on your own?

Nah, just laying in bed waiting for my wife to get home and see to me. B|

Funny thing is I don't feel bad in my head, just really achey and uncomfortable and with a really bad stomach/runs. I'm hoping I'm over the worst of it.

1 minute ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Maybe they have different reactions to what I'm assuming is some kind of anaerobic bug?

Could you imagine a Jewish guy with his arm down a drain? Only if someone had dropped a quid.:Old:

The patient is cracking jokes. That is meant to be a good sign I believe?

hope it's not weil's disease

In humans, Leptospirosis can cause a wide range of symptoms, including:
  • High fever.
  • Headache.
  • Chills.
  • Muscle aches.
  • Vomiting.
  • Jaundice (yellow skin and eyes)
  • Red eyes.
  • Abdominal pain.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

don't think of a man on the telly with his arm down a drain, though guess a few have caught nasty rashes in their time

Nasty rashes from nasty gashes.

I love using that word, I can make it so ambiguous. Being the naughty boy I am (and having a love of language) I often use it around the kids in the sense of 'a large deep wound'.

That was until a friend of mine fell and hit his head, and I declared at dinner that he'd been laid in bed all day with a nasty gash on his face. A line was drawn by my wife that evening. :Old:

9 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

No idea, I'm not sure we have a thermometer since the kids got older. Should I be worried?

I've been into work. I'm almost certain it's not contagious:ph34r:

How extensive is the rash, does it fade if you press it ?

Just now, Hopeful said:

How extensive is the rash, does it fade if you press it ?

I haven't checked. It's very localised. Would I be dead by now if it was meningitis? 

3 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

• High fever.
  • Headache.
  • Chills.
  • Muscle aches.
  • Vomiting.
  • Red eyes.
  • Abdominal pain.

I don't think I have enough of the above, but given some of the nasties being suggested I don't think I'll be doing it again!

3 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I haven't checked. It's very localised. Would I be dead by now if it was meningitis? 

I don't think I have enough of the above, but given some of the nasties being suggested I don't think I'll be doing it again!

And if you have any doubts that it might be this, go to the doctor and push for tests. Nasty if left untreated I think 

7 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

• High fever.
  • Headache.
  • Chills.
  • Muscle aches.
  • Vomiting.
  • Red eyes.
  • Abdominal pain.

A little early for rats to be breading

6 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I'm assuming you had your hand down a shitty drain ?

8 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I've had meningitis and I'm still alive.