DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Where in England can you buy a house for £100,000?

The Idiocrat

300k gets you a shitty terraced 2 up 2 down on my road, fully enriched, surrounded by hand car washes, shouting/screaming 24/7, failing schools with 20 languages in each class, drugs, tramps on drugs and constant vandalism. 

5ad8f8ed9de48_download(71).jpeg.0a7c7a7b9b1b2436cae4f1dcb207eace.jpeg

While in France it's actually cheaper to buy a 10 bed castle

186362_D021_IMG_00_0000_max_656x437.jpg.55ca98f58157475f9dcfc399e062e9a7.jpg

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-71527883.html?currencyCode=GBP

Soon as I start making internet money again i'm fucking off

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green Devil
1 hour ago, gibbon said:

300k gets you a shitty terraced 2 up 2 down on my road, fully enriched, surrounded by hand car washes, shouting/screaming 24/7, failing schools with 20 languages in each class, drugs, tramps on drugs and constant vandalism. 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/overseas-property/property-71527883.html?currencyCode=GBP

That's grim.

Sorry to say your street.  Castle looks great.  

UK is so fucked up. 

Wight Flight
On 18/04/2018 at 20:27, Green Devil said:

Nice idea. I have a request too. Where can I buy a 4 bed detached with a decent plot 1/4 acre min close to a decent school for 350k?

Look at the LHA rates.

For Guildford, a four bedder will pay £1,550 per month, or nearly £19k per year.

Since landlords will now accept a 4% yield, that means the absolute floor for the shittiest 4 bedder is £380,000.

So if you can't afford that, forget it. And even if you can, your neighbours might not be what you want for taking on a £300k+ debt.

Essentially, if you want to have a sensible borrowing ratio and one parent staying at home to raise the kids, you need to earn £80k plus before you can outbid the benefit classes.

swiss_democracy_for_all
10 hours ago, Green Devil said:

That's grim.

UK is so fucked up. 

As long as you don't have the idea that there is any lack of enrichers in France. More than the UK I'd say, but concentrated, not so many in the country.

swiss_democracy_for_all
13 hours ago, davidg said:

I was only in the HS when I worked in GVA, now back in the 3/8. A couple of our local cato private schools are very culturally enriched as all the mozzas who have a hope for their kids future outside a life of drug dealing have sent their kids there. The HS has some good schools, both private and public.

Around here, Grenoble, housing is very expensive. Brittany looks like a much better bet.

Kids from ambitious enricher families is OK as far as I'm concerned, what you don't want in your kids class is dossers and drug dealers, of any culture.

11 hours ago, Green Devil said:

That's grim.

UK is so fucked up. 

That's actually a lot nicer than my street. The end of the street is an open sewer used as a dumping ground for fly tippers and the local businesses. 

24 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

As long as you don't have the idea that there is any lack of enrichers in France. More than the UK I'd say, but concentrated, not so many in the country.

The countryside looks affordable in France compared to the UK. Having lived in cities all my life I just don't get the appeal anymore. Expensive shit trendy restaurants and bars, gimmigrants, crime, noise, general scummy people and scummy mummies, shit schools, gridlock traffic, expensive housing.

On 4/19/2018 at 15:23, swissy_fit said:

Loads to go at with land in France for that money or indeed a lot less outside the Parisian region and the holiday hotspots. As you're a Dosbodder you might approve of Le Pen's attitude to the EU but you don't want to be a foreigner living in a Le Pen stronghold, so If you have no constraints regarding work then head further south and west in general, check the recent election results of any place you consider, and maybe rent for a bit first.

For schools you'll probably want the private(not ruinously expensive) usually Catholic ones, you may or may not love Catholicism but it does put off the enrichers. @davidg could give better advice than me, he actually lives in France in Haute Savoie

I admire Ms Le Pen and yet I'd not have any reservations about living in a Le Pen stronghold. Although if they're similar to UKIP strongholds they're probably not very nice. Thurrock anyone?

(I am/was a UKIP supporter so can say these things)

20 hours ago, gibbon said:

If it is on Rightmove bet its priced over realistic local pricing. JBfrenchhouses site is pretty good (even suspect that has a large proportion of UK sellers and pricing might be higher) but for the best details you need to be on the spot, visit the notaires and ask to see their folios in the office - well that certainly was the case, nowadays may they have most of their houses on finch listing sites too.

Chewing Grass
20 hours ago, gibbon said:

I'm actually gobsmacked that 2 bed terraces command such prices yet the area is not gentrified.

Anyway, reminded myself where exactly it is in relation to the smoke and came across this about the Ashton-under-Lyne workhouse back in the day.

'A workhouse is now erected here, and we felt an Advantage from it, even before it was finished; the Dread of what is called Confinement, having spurr'd on several of our Poor to labour for a Livelihood, which they would never have endeavoured, as long as they could have been relieved by the Parish-Rate, or by an Alms at our Doors; other Places are about to follow our example.'

It seemed to spur the poor to actually bother working and other places were to follow suit.

http://www.workhouses.org.uk/AshtonUnderLyne/

I was doubting myself as to whether you could buy a house for under £100k in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk (East Anglia's 'Blackpool' I suppose). Apparently you can!

This one looks OK for 100 large. A bit close to the tourist-y seafront and that small upstairs room on the first floor being classed as a bedroom is a bit of a stretch.

53214_528783269_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.

The Idiocrat
2 hours ago, UmBongo said:

I was doubting myself as to whether you could buy a house for under £100k in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk (East Anglia's 'Blackpool' I suppose). Apparently you can!

This one looks OK for 100 large. A bit close to the tourist-y seafront and that small upstairs room on the first floor being classed as a bedroom is a bit of a stretch.

53214_528783269_IMG_01_0000_max_656x437.

Not bad. Is Great Yarmouth that bad? Only been there once, 40 years ago, seemed ok then.

26 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Not bad. Is Great Yarmouth that bad? Only been there once, 40 years ago, seemed ok then.

It has some social problems. Fallen by the wayside like many seaside towns.

swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, UmBongo said:

It has some social problems. Fallen by the wayside like many seaside towns.

Did all the bedsit landlords invite bennie claimants to come and claim housing benefit by the sea in the 80s, as happened in some towns in the SW? So there is now a significant bothersome minority of Scouse scumbag drug users and their motley descendants in places like Torquay and Newquay and Ilfracombe.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:56, swissy_fit said:

Kids from ambitious enricher families is OK as far as I'm concerned, what you don't want in your kids class is dossers and drug dealers, of any culture.

Yes, I"m all in favour of integration and people wanting to better themselves.

I was going to suggest the Woodseats area of Sheffield as around that price for a decent terraced, but since I last looked (last year) they seem to have added 20 - 30k on the asking prices o.O

Kurt Barlow
On 4/17/2018 at 13:26, UmBongo said:

Great Yarmouth is the cheapest place to buy a house in my county of Norfolk. Maybe not the best place to live, however. Some of the areas outside it may just come under budget, such as Caister or Bradwell. Lowestoft just over the Suffolk border too perhaps?

Probably followed closely by Kings Lynn?

Green Devil
11 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

You can have yourself a 7 bedroom hotel in Blackpool for 100k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/71177570

Probably about 95k overpriced.

Blackpool is a shithole of quite epic proportions but much of the surrounding areas are desirable and you can still find yourself a bargain. We live a few miles away and it's absolutely lovely.

Does that come with full bookings for the next 12 months, a 25% yield paid,  all paid for by the DHSS courtesy of the local druggies?

10 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Probably followed closely by Kings Lynn?

Yes, KL seems on par with GY in the house price stakes. I researched KL prices a long time ago.

On 18/04/2018 at 09:13, ILikeCake said:

Plenty of places in the North East for that money,  Stockton/Darlington and further north, just avoid the town centres.

Oi!

Actually, fair enough..... We had our first armed siege locally a couple of weeks back.

20 minutes ago, eight said:

Oi!

Actually, fair enough..... We had our first armed siege locally a couple of weeks back.

Stockton town centre is an absolute shithole.

Archived