• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Dosbods Chatroom?

3 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

An internet space where people groom minors and communicate indirectly with GCHQ. 

How old are you, little girl - wanna see some puppies?

Ahh, that must be why I don't know anything about them :Beer:

I think it'd risk splitting the site between people who wanted to use the forum and those who preferred to use the chat room. Maybe that wouldn't be a problem on a larger site but here it would dilute things, I think.

I was amazed to find that ToS had a whole separate discussion area on the front page of the site, populated mostly by people I'd never heard of despite being a poster on the forum for years. They were like a whole different species.

9 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

An internet space where people groom minors and communicate indirectly with GCHQ. 

How old are you, little girl - wanna see some puppies?

15 - yes please :)

I tend to only use this place during work hours, I already feel like I miss out on a ton of stuff which then becomes some sort of DOSBODS meme which I'm permanently excluded from (not a complaint or a problem). At least with the current format I have a chance at least of clicking on the dot and joining back in to a conversation where I left off, or at least seeing what's gone on. 

On the odd occasion things have progressed so far over a weekend say it's not worth catching up and so there tends to be a number of threads I simply don't look at.

A chat room even if you could see a history would be far too much to read as they tend to include all manner of nothingness, in a forum format, I at least, will consider what I post carefully to make sure it lays out my position fully so as to not leave things open, or at least enough that there doesn't need to be 10 pages of clarification. With a chat room there is far too much back and forth, not really an issue but it is very much exclusionary in nature for those not involved.

If that's what the people want then all fine by me, but I suspect it will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me leaving*

* Sounds dramatic, not meant to be I've said before while I really do value this place it's all a bit too depressing. Depressing with the ability to contribute fully I think I can handle, depressing but on the side lines I don't think I'd bother. 

Just now, Alonso Quijano said:

Not for me. You can always PM people if need be.

Would also be an extra hassle for Spunko to maintain, keep an eye on.

If people use the Discord link above then it's a private chat room. :Passusabeer:

4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

There was a Chat feature with the software but they disabled it, and nobody used it anyway.

How about a DOSBODS discord? https://discord.gg/zGwtN

Not for me thanks, 1 forum, 3 websites, 2 Twttter, 2 FB, an Instagram account are more than enough time wasted on the internet for me.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Not for me thanks, 1 forum, 3 websites, 2 Twttter, 2 FB, an Instagram account are more than enough time wasted on the internet for me.

To be honest I won't be using it much either I suspect, but if anyone wants to use it the invite link is valid for 10 days.

I've got about 20 FB accounts. Well 1 account, but all my wesbites etc have different business ones. I never use them.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

To be honest I won't be using it much either I suspect, but if anyone wants to use it the invite link is valid for 10 days.

I've got about 20 FB accounts. Well 1 account, but all my wesbites etc have different business ones. I never use them.

I have to use mine. But even my limited exposure is a bit of a monster in terms of unique content creation and I only Tweet/FB/Insta twice a week. I never RT, like etc on any of the medias as I never pay attention to the social media. Posting here is just thinking time, I'm usually thinking about other things while I bash out on my drivvel on here.

Edited by Hopeful