• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
NewryH

Bad start to the day

Recommended Posts

Well, I dropped the car off at a garage and had just started the mile walk to work when a bird shat on me (not in a joe or metaphorical way, actual bird shit). Head, coat and a big splat on my knee. Despite a bit of a clean, still look like 'guy with bird shit on clothes'.

Anyone else not started the day as they wish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mum used to say that being shat on by a bird was good luck.

I never understood that as to me, it seemed the very definition of bad luck. I mean if you were walking along with your mate minding your own business, when suddenly your pal was obliterated by a large chunk of frozen shit from a passing aircraft. You wouldn't look down at his beshitted remains and say 'oh, you lucky bastard', would you?

:Old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Well, I dropped the car off at a garage and had just started the mile walk to work when a bird shat on me (not in a joe or metaphorical way, actual bird shit). Head, coat and a big splat on my knee. Despite a bit of a clean, still look like 'guy with bird shit on clothes'.

Anyone else not started the day as they wish?

Bizarrely almost exactly the same situation, car in for a service so had to walk to work. Walking through the park and bird shits, however unlike yourself it drops past my face and inches from my clothes and on to the floor.... as @Sgt Hartman says, I'll let you decide the luckier of the two of us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to work at an office just down from Waterloo with a walk under a wide rail bridge part of the journey.  WIth its girders and shelter it was pigeon heaven.

One colleague came in so absolutely covered in it that we felt sorry for the pigeon as the sheer volume meant that it was probably terminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sneezed into my hand on the bus and had no tissue. Had to wipe it on my sock, sorta pretended I was tying my shoelace.

Got a shitty bit of work on the go now, day isn't going brilliantly. Stressed and skint.

End of the month is looming...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

My mum used to say that being shat on by a bird was good luck.

I never understood that as to me, it seemed the very definition of bad luck. I mean if you were walking along with your mate minding your own business, when suddenly your pal was obliterated by a large chunk of frozen shit from a passing aircraft. You wouldn't look down at his beshitted remains and say 'oh, you lucky bastard', would you?

:Old:

It's like when somebody has a miracle escape from a freak accident and people say, wow, that was lucky. When the chances of being anywhere near the event in the first place were probably billions to one.

My day has been going OK, but I did have to take a rather large detour to get to the shops earlier because two vehicles had met in the middle of a single track bridge and neither seemed able or willing to reverse out.

This bridge, in fact....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ccc said:

No birds shat on me yet - I've had a rather lovely start to the day.

 :Beer: time now again.

Sorry to be annoying. :D

 

IMG_20180418_105932976.jpg

Dick.

I'll forgive you if you don't post a photo of your pint later too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewryH said:

Well, I dropped the car off at a garage and had just started the mile walk to work when a bird shat on me (not in a joe or metaphorical way, actual bird shit). Head, coat and a big splat on my knee. Despite a bit of a clean, still look like 'guy with bird shit on clothes'.

Anyone else not started the day as they wish?

Is @JoeDavola ever going to live this internet infamy down? :D O.o :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eight said:

It's like when somebody has a miracle escape from a freak accident and people say, wow, that was lucky. When the chances of being anywhere near the event in the first place were probably billions to one.

My day has been going OK, but I did have to take a rather large detour to get to the shops earlier because two vehicles had met in the middle of a single track bridge and neither seemed able or willing to reverse out.

This bridge, in fact....

Couldnt see any of these signs from your google maps link :

traffic-calming.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Couldnt see any of these signs from your google maps link :

traffic-calming.jpg

 

No, no priority. They just rely on us all being nice.

I've been in my mate's Audi Q3 when his missus has gone through there at 50mph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eight said:

No, no priority. They just rely on us all being nice.

I've been in my mate's Audi Q3 when his missus has gone through there at 50mph.

Bit weird not having priority, I reckon we would even have traffic lights for a tunnel like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gilf said:

Bizarrely almost exactly the same situation, car in for a service so had to walk to work. Walking through the park and bird shits, however unlike yourself it drops past my face and inches from my clothes and on to the floor.... as @Sgt Hartman says, I'll let you decide the luckier of the two of us. 

That'll  be you then.

40 minutes ago, ccc said:

No birds shat on me yet - I've had a rather lovely start to the day.

 :Beer: time now again.

Sorry to be annoying. :D

 

IMG_20180418_105932976.jpg

You must be extemely lucky. The ground there is covered in bird shit and none on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I sneezed into my hand on the bus and had no tissue. Had to wipe it on my sock, sorta pretended I was tying my shoelace.

Got a shitty bit of work on the go now, day isn't going brilliantly. Stressed and skint.

End of the month is looming...

 

remember to turn your sock inside out before you put it on tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NewryH said:

Well, I dropped the car off at a garage and had just started the mile walk to work when a bird shat on me (not in a joe or metaphorical way, actual bird shit). Head, coat and a big splat on my knee. Despite a bit of a clean, still look like 'guy with bird shit on clothes'.

Anyone else not started the day as they wish?

I shit myself, then spent most of the morning on the toilet after the imodium failed to hold back the torrent.

So yeah, not ideal.

xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.