• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl 🏆

Its different for girls .. who work in the public sector.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm not being deliberately contrary but wouldn't an extended holiday somewhere warm be an ideal way to cure stress?

I did momentarily think that myselef. But I came to the conclusion that if you're so ill with stress that you cannot work - you should also be too ill to go on holiday.

It should also be mentioned that if the stress of your job is making you ill - you're obviously unsuitable for that position and should resign immediately.

Until we, as a society, stop making excuses for failure nothing will improve.

Edited by TheNoSnowMan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheNoSnowMan said:

I did momentarily think that myselef. But I came to the conclusion that if you're so ill with stress that you cannot work - you should also be too ill to go on holiday.

It should also be mentioned that if the stress of your job in making you ill - you're obviously unsuitable for that position and should resign immediately.

Until we, as a society, stop making excuses for failure nothing will improve.

I've known two types:

One where people are going off every time their job gets a bit tough.  They were neither of them swinging the lead but they just could not cope with their job at peak periods.  One was made redundant, the other read the riot act and told they would be out if it happened again.  In teh latter case there were problmes out of work which have gone.

The other are people who've been doing the same job absolutely fine for twenty years and then for whatever reason go pop.  Six months off and they're back and good for another twenty years. 

It's fairly obvious which category they fall into.  The first one who was made redundant was a real shame, nice, bright, good at her job but as soon as it became stressed it made her ill and she was off sick.  There was no way she could continue in the same line of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm not being deliberately contrary but wouldn't an extended holiday somewhere warm be an ideal way to cure stress?

 

9 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

I did momentarily think that myselef. But I came to the conclusion that if you're so ill with stress that you cannot work - you should also be too ill to go on holiday.

It should also be mentioned that if the stress of your job is making you ill - you're obviously unsuitable for that position and should resign immediately.

Until we, as a society, stop making excuses for failure nothing will improve.

Yes, and yes,

and a couple of weeks in Cornwall with family would do for most people who aren't

me me me me me me me me me ME

that couple of weeks is usually called annual leave, and that's a luxury for the self-employed

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JFK said:

Tramp stamp tattoo: check

Really bad tit implant that looks like 2 half melons nailed to your chest: check

Narcissitic posed photos: check

... overpaid twat: check

Yup wouldn't go near that with a fucking barge pole. Can take a bit of solace that all those added with instawhore addiction, using up your limited time on this planet to take pictures of yourself to try to control what others think of you is often a cry for help and can be indicative of a few mental disorders to boot.

I haven't been on holiday for years and on paper obviously have a "poorer" life vs her, but I wouldn't trade my life for hers, not even for all the tea in China. 

Edited by gibbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Yup wouldn't go near that with a fucking barge pole. Can take a bit of solace that all those added with instawhore addiction, using up your limited time on this planet to take pictures of yourself to try to control what others think of you is often a cry for help and can be indicative of a few mental disorders to boot.

I haven't been on holiday for years and on paper obviously have a "poorer" life vs her, but I wouldn't trade my life for hers, not even for all the tea in China. 

 

Facebook, Instagram etc are the best guide a bloke can have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how social media interactions tell you so much about a person. The self(ie) is always coming through.

And she's got a bloke-y face.

Just now, Hopeful said:

Facebook, Instagram etc are the best guide a bloke can have.

It's amazing how twitter can act as a long term audit of someone's psyche.

A woman I dated had the same twitter handle as her POF username, which meant anyone could go and read quite personal stuff going back years before even sending her a message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

It's funny how social media interactions tell you so much about a person. The self(ie) is always coming through.

And she's got a bloke-y face.

It's amazing how twitter can act as a long term audit of someone's psyche.

A woman I dated had the same twitter handle as her POF username, which meant anyone could go and read quite personal stuff going back years before even sending her a message.

Yep

Personally, I never post anything personal or express any opinion on my social media accounts. The only personal stuff is the occasional photo of me included in a work situation.

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

 

Facebook, Instagram etc are the best guide a bloke can have.

FB I don't have much of the problem with, wouldn't use it myself mind. Instawhore, yeah massive red flag. Same as Twatter. 

Just seen she's 33, let alone the red flag of instawhore it's just fucking cringey doing that at her age. Guaranteed to have snapchat too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gibbon said:

FB I don't have much of the problem with, wouldn't use it myself mind. Instawhore, yeah massive red flag. Same as Twatter. 

Just seen she's 33, let alone the red flag of instawhore it's just fucking cringey doing that at her age. Guaranteed to have snapchat too. 

would have put her at 40 at least

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Yup wouldn't go near that with a fucking barge pole. Can take a bit of solace that all those added with instawhore addiction, using up your limited time on this planet to take pictures of yourself to try to control what others think of you is often a cry for help and can be indicative of a few mental disorders to boot.

I haven't been on holiday for years and on paper obviously have a poorer life on paper, but I wouldn't trade my life for hers, not even for all the tea in China.

Complete self obsession. And the constant need to post selfies on the t'internet screams extreme insecurity - the need for continuous positive feedback about how good she looks or how great her life is.

Yet, one day, she'll be the lonely old hag, sat at the back of an old peoples home. Scowling at the other residences as their relatives come to visit. Wondering why no one ever comes to visit her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She might be being singled out unfairly, mate of mine has been good mates with a copper for yonks (i wouldn't talk to one let alone be mates). He has a year off from the police farce "on the sick" to go travelling every 2-3 years routinely. I expect it's quite common.

Edited by gibbon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gibbon said:

She might be being singled out unfairly, mate of mine has been good mates with a copper for yonks (i wouldn't talk to one let alone be mates). He has a year off from the force "on the sick" to go travelling every 2-3 years routinely. I expect it's quite common.

Portugal is popular

or so I've heard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gibbon said:

Yup wouldn't go near that with a fucking barge pole. Can take a bit of solace that all those added with instawhore addiction, using up your limited time on this planet to take pictures of yourself to try to control what others think of you is often a cry for help and can be indicative of a few mental disorders to boot.

I haven't been on holiday for years and on paper obviously have a "poorer" life vs her, but I wouldn't trade my life for hers, not even for all the tea in China. 

Back when I had an online dating profile I got chatting to a woman police officer of fairly senior rank who seemed quite intelligent and pretty. (And before you ask, no it wasn't Cresida Dick.)

For some reason we got onto the subject of tattoos - I made some joke about 'tramp stamp' tattoos and she went off on one, saying I was derogatory to women, etc. 

I'm guessing she had one and was getting to the age when she was starting to think it wasn't such a good idea after all....

Edited by Austin Allegro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not totally convinced she definitely has implants.

If she promised to keep me out of her social media pics I would let her take me on holidays and smash fuck out of her to be honest.

I'm guessing she has upset somebody, plenty of cops, teachers and DWP etc do the same without censure.

She should have kept it off Facebook, it's taking time for that message to sink in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

I'm not totally convinced she definitely has implants.

If she promised to keep me out of her social media pics I would let her take me on holidays and smash fuck out of her to be honest.

I'm guessing she has upset somebody, plenty of cops, teachers and DWP etc do the same without censure.

She should have kept it off Facebook, it's taking time for that message to sink in.

I dated one who was going through training in my early 20s, fucking nutter ratbag and thick as cows shit. After the first fuck trust me me you'd be on the first flight home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.