• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Malthus

Decline of Western Civilisation

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Malthus said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/watch-falls-road-bus-lane-14543874

Incidents like this and some of the other threads about feral behaviour really have me wondering if the thin veneer of civilisation has been worn through and we are heading for social norms last seen in Victorian times 

I view the cameras as the fall of western civilisation

I'd happily take one out, feral-like

Edited by Hopeful

41 minutes ago, Malthus said:

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/watch-falls-road-bus-lane-14543874

Incidents like this and some of the other threads about feral behaviour really have me wondering if the thin veneer of civilisation has been worn through and we are heading for social norms last seen in Victorian times 

People think you can boil a frog and it won't notice. Urban myth. Truth is it tries to jump out of the pan when it gets too hot.

"Nudge" policies are being tested to destruction in a similar manner.

I fully support this person, personally.

Edit: maybe not " It is understood a woman was inside the car and when she got out the culprit is alleged to have grabbed her by the throat. "

Anyway,

An underrated video (related - worth a watch though, with sound)

51 minutes ago, Malthus said:

In the eighties two British soldiers at a Republican funeral were dragged from a car by an angry crowd and beaten to death. Plenty of other similar incidents in Ulster's history.

So I'm not sure if someone smashing up a car and breaking a camera is necessarily a retrograde step, it could be argued as progress. 

What have you lot got against speed and traffic cameras? They're  bright yellow and mostly in accident spots in the UK.

They're way, way more cuntish in CH, grey, hidden and designed to make money. And speeding fines are based on your ability to pay, so what they like the most is a multi-millionaire speeding in his Ferrari.

Changing the subject, have you noticed how mobile phones seem to switch off our normal instinct for consideration for others? People just stop and use them in the middle of the road or whatever, and the weird bit is, everyone kind of accepts it and just goes round them without complaining. "Oooh, hes looking at his phone, can't blame him"

I got stuck behind a some idiot for 5 minutes while crossing all four carriageways at a junction pushing his bike and talking on his phone. (roadwork barriers prevented me getting past him)

5 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

What have you lot got against speed and traffic cameras? They're  bright yellow and mostly in accident spots in the UK.

They're way, way more cuntish in CH, grey, hidden and designed to make money. And speeding fines are based on your ability to pay, so what they like the most is a multi-millionaire speeding in his Ferrari.

I don't understand the hate.  It seems like a simple deal -- you get to drive around the place, and in return you have to abide by the rules.  Not, well, I've decided they didn't mean that one.

Actually, the problem with speed camera hate / speeding is exactly the same as all the other problems in the UK -- there might be rules, but no-one obeys them except the mugs.