• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Disabled People

I walked to the local shops amd I had to struggle to get past a car parked on the pavement. I look in the window and they have a blue disabled sticker. There's plenty parking about fifty yards away. I barely managed to get past so someone with a pram etc would need to walk on the busy road. IMHO, anyone that parks on the pavement and forces pedestrians into the road is a 100% wanker (unless parked for a few minutes etc). 

I then get stuck behind some disabled person at markies that seemed to take forever buying her messages. She seemed to want to chat with the cashier as she bought her six items, the cashier then had to put her messages in her bag then put it in her electric scooter. I Had to go to another cashier and I swear I bought my items/ put them in a bag/ paid for them while she was nattering away to the cashier putting her bag into her electric scooter.

I have to admit, I think the disabled community have more than their fair share of self centred dickheads. Don't get me wrong, it must be hard having a disability, however it's not a reason to act like a knob.

I had a chat with a work colleague about this. He can't walk far and gets a blue badge. About the only place you might get trouble parking are school zig zags.

There's an excuse if you are blind, as only the dog knows where you are parked, and he ain't telling.

I lived with a disabled woman for a year, and it was fucking awful. Mainly because when she was in pain I got the brunt of her frustration.
I come into contact with more than you'd expect as a result of my job and they generally have a good attitude.

They are just people, and you get wankers in all walks of life, disabled or not.

Most of the disabled people I know are quite reasonable, really.

[I think there might be a problem with people who aren't really disabled but who have a badge.  You know, the difference in the disabled % comparing the UK with, oh, just about every other country.  I don't really know many of them, but the fat people in scooters tend to be a bit annoying (bit cliche, I know)]

Edited by dgul

There are twats in all sectors of society, being disabled doesn't get you a pass. However the lady who wanted to chat to the cashier, maybe that's the only real human interaction she gets and she is desperately lonely?

Come to think of it, I know a few people who are disabled and generally don't use their blue badge to park.

I went out with a different woman to the one mentioned earlier, for maybe 6 months, and it was only well into the relationship that she whipped out a blue badge when we were having trouble finding a space. Turns out she'd had a stroke as a child and that had caused a lot of difficulties. She just saw it as part of life, and said that everyone has shit happen to them. Felt guilty at being classed as disabled.

There is a certain sense of entitlement amongst some disabled folk that I first picked up on 20 years ago.

I had a weekend job at B&Q in the late 1990s. It used to have a long service desk. It would always start to get busy after 2pm on a Sunday afternoon despite closing at 4pm. I was trying to help a customer on the customer side of this service desk and asked my colleague a question about something. I was a bit stressed out at that moment. What I didn't realise is that she was probably trying to help a disabled woman in an electric wheelchair. The place was so chaotic as so many customers were bashing the credit card cards doing the home improvements for 'mad gainz' - OMG HPI!!! xD So I wasn't paying close attention that day.

I digress...the woman in the electric wheelchair barked at me: "So you think it's OK to interrupt a disabled lady, do you?" And then propelled her chair at me, striking me on the bottom of the leg. Startled, I lept back. I did apologise to her as I didn't 100% appreciate the situation at the service desk. Carried on helping my customer who said to me as we were walking away: " That woman was awful!" He probably had a better idea on what was going on in all the chaos.

Forgot about the incident, helped another customer who went away happy in the hardware section and behind them was the same woman in the wheelchair waiting for some help with some rope or chains (!) or something like that. There were never enough staff so customers would be frequently hanging around waiting for someone in orange overalls not with another customer to come around the corner. "Hello Again!" I said in a cheery voice and a grin, to remind her that I hadn't forgotten about her. I think she muttered something like an apology and then asked her question. I think she realised how difficult Sunday afternoons can be (when people were still able to spunk money left right and centre).

There was one situation where I was 100% of another woman in a wheelchair who lost her shit with other customers. I had a Christmas job at the now defunct BHS back in 1997. I was working the tills in the Menswear Dept which were situated on the first floor of the store not too far away from the lift. I heard a woman start lambasting these physically fit customers getting out of the lift making a point that they shouldn't be using the lift if they are not disabled. I had just served this lady's able bodied companion at the till. I was actually thinking: "Nice one! You tell 'em!" and I think I grinned to myself. There was a perfectly good escalator or static staircase just to the side of the lift.

In the early 2010s I lived on an estate of flats just off Carrow Road. The opposite end of where Norwich City Football Club is. Some c*nt in a twatty Nissan Kumquat with Blue Badge would smugly park on the double yellow lines on the road  making it awkward some times to drive past. Yet despite the protestations of disablement, this Blue Badge berk was able to walk the 10, 15...maybe 20 minutes to the football ground. I should have checked with Norfolk County Council if the blue badge was genuine or not.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

I walked to the local shops amd I had to struggle to get past a car parked on the pavement. I look in the window and they have a blue disabled sticker. There's plenty parking about fifty yards away. I barely managed to get past so someone with a pram etc would need to walk on the busy road. IMHO, anyone that parks on the pavement and forces pedestrians into the road is a 100% wanker (unless parked for a few minutes etc). 

I then get stuck behind some disabled person at markies that seemed to take forever buying her messages. She seemed to want to chat with the cashier as she bought her six items, the cashier then had to put her messages in her bag then put it in her electric scooter. I Had to go to another cashier and I swear I bought my items/ put them in a bag/ paid for them while she was nattering away to the cashier putting her bag into her electric scooter.

I have to admit, I think the disabled community have more than their fair share of self centred dickheads. Don't get me wrong, it must be hard having a disability, however it's not a reason to act like a knob.

the taking time thing, working people are short of time and generally stressed out, others are trying to find ways to fill their day so take time over things.

Wankers are evenly distributed through all areas of society. It may be that being disabled gives a few extra outlets for displaying that wankerishness but I don't think that implies a different distribution of the basic traits.

I know someone disabled by her weight which often makes her ill.  But she works full time, is always smiling and pleasant, and never moans.

If we were in a era of rationing she would be running up the stairs rather than being unable to use them; besides fat and the health problems that it brings (heart mainly) she isn't unwell.  It's a great shame.

19 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

Wankers are evenly distributed through all areas of society. It may be that being disabled gives a few extra outlets for displaying that wankerishness but I don't think that implies a different distribution of the basic traits.

Golf courses and ski resorts are hugely over represented. :Old:

2 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Many disabilities are not congenital but are acquired later in life. The statistics suggest that for every single person born disabled there are four who become disabled due to accident or illness.  At least 78% of the people with a disability acquired it after the age of 16. As a consequence the personality traits displayed by a lot of 'disabled' people may have nothing to do with their disability as many of them already had those characteristics before they became disabled.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

I am going to have to disagree with that unless you can provide evidence.

Well, purely anecdotally of course, there's always been a strong golf preference amongst the people I don't like at work. I've known some really nice people who play too, to be fair, just many fewer.

11 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

In my experience, people I would class as disabled get on with life quetly and impressively, and make me look a wuss in comparison and wonder how I'd cope, or even if I'd as to be thrown off a cliff if I had to deal with a similar disability.

Those who complain mightily for support for what I see as minor ailments annoy me a lot.

Edited by Hopeful

@Great Guy

My 83yo Dad is an absolute love and registered disabled.

Both my brothers have taken my Dads motability car and disabled badge to use as they see fit, now and in the past. Indeed one of them used to regularly take his badge when they worked in the city centre a few years back.

My point is the person who parked like a cunt might not actually be the disabled person but someone using them, their car and/or their badge.