• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

70yo benefit drain finally gets a job

Posted (edited)

The Commonwealth is a strange thing isn't it.  We don't really have an empire of colonies or Commonwealth any more but we have someone who is a leader of it - and people in parts of the common wealth are so poor they have to come to Britain to get a bit of the wealth.  That British wealth that includes food banks and the smallest homes and stuff.

v From the So-Called BBC link 

Theresa May with other heads of the Commonwealth

Treason May gave her backing to Prince Charles

There are no white Commonwealth countries any more?  Not enough to be represented in the photograph.  Maybe she thinks she's enough.

Edited by twocents

I’ve never been convinced about the merits of the commonwealth. I have always thought that it was an attempt to maintain some sort of global status for the royal family, because otherwise they are simply the token figurehead for a rainy Northern European island. The commonwealth also gives the royals a chance to visit somewhere sunny and warm ‘on business’.

It's great that Prince Charles has finally found a job; hopefully this means that because he's trotting round wearing silly hats and grass skirts we don't now have to have him as King and instead Princess Anne can succeed to the throne.

24 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's great that Prince Charles has finally found a job; hopefully this means that because he's trotting round wearing silly hats and grass skirts we don't now have to have him as King and instead Princess Anne can succeed to the throne.

Queen Elizabeth is not Caligula. She would not promote a horse.

He only gets the job when Brenda dies.  He'll be too busy opening all the 'stuff you only get to know when king' boxes to worry about whether Burundi likes gays or not.

4 hours ago, twocents said:

The Commonwealth is a strange thing isn't it.  We don't really have an empire of colonies or Commonwealth any more but we have someone who is a leader of it - and people in parts of the common wealth are so poor they have to come to Britain to get a bit of the wealth.  That British wealth that includes food banks and the smallest homes and stuff.

v From the So-Called BBC link 

Theresa May with other heads of the Commonwealth

Treason May gave her backing to Prince Charles

There are no white Commonwealth countries any more?  Not enough to be represented in the photograph.  Maybe she thinks she's enough.

Black womean, blue dress.

Shes got a cock?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Shes got a cock?

I think that's baroness Scotland, the secretary-general of the commonwealth.

Edited by the gardener

Posted (edited)

The title of this thread just won my vote.

I honestly thought I was about to read about some man named Bill from Scarborough who’d was finally going to do a days work.

Edited by Battenberg

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Shes got a cock?

Who knows?

I find that picture interesting because apart from the two women laughing the only male laughing is the one on the left of the picture. All the other males look pissed off to varying degrees.

1 hour ago, Economic Exile said:

Who knows?

I find that picture interesting because apart from the two women laughing the only male laughing is the one on the left of the picture. All the other males look pissed off to varying degrees.

They are probably thinking "£307 for a toilet seat? She's taking the Mick!"

http://order-order.com/2016/11/14/baroness-scotlands-loo-seat-cost-307/

19 hours ago, twocents said:

The Commonwealth is a strange thing isn't it.  We don't really have an empire of colonies or Commonwealth any more

I heard that part of the deal Ted Heath did to get us into the EEC was to acquiesce to weakening/severing the links with our Commonwealth. The result was that it has just become a travel club with the occasional fancy dress evening. 

If anyone knows more of the details of what Heath did, and who made him do it, I'd be interested to hear them.