• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sleepwello'nights

Do the Government deliberately lie to us

Goat posted in the Skirpal thread that he does not believe that the government deliberately lie to us. Whilst I welcome the opinion of anyone who challenges our groupthink I am doubtful that our collective opinion is so inaccurate.

It seems to me that he believes our civil service has very high moral and ethical standards. After all they recruit the brightest and the best from our most highly regarded universities. That may well be the case.

If so then his supposition seems to be that they try to do the best they can to support us and provide the government of the day with the most accurate information available at the time. 

That being the case how have they managed to create such a cluster fuck? with more and more serious misjudgements.

Net migration is extremely high, UK youth unemployment is a continuing problem https://www.youthemployment.org.uk/youth-unemployment. Civil strife seems an inevitable consequence in the not so distant future yet under successive home secretaries police numbers are being cut and our authorities seem to be becoming more and more authoritarian, on the law abiding majority of the population.

Perhaps we are on the cynical side on this site, but I really can't see how the problems caused by immigration are going to be a benefit to us in the not too distant future. The issues that attract our attention seem to be the subject of disinformation from the press, TV and Radio news broadcasts. Anyone who tries to oppose the official government line become subject to mistreatment at the hands of the authorities and media. 

Do the government deliberately lie or has the civil service become incompetent?

A large number of people lie on a regular basis.

The government is made up of a large number of people.

It ain't rocket science. 

Yes I've no doubt that they lie to us and I think the civil service is like any other organisation there are competent and incompetent individuals.

15 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Goat posted in the Skirpal thread that he does not believe that the government deliberately lie to us. Whilst I welcome the opinion of anyone who challenges our groupthink I am doubtful that our collective opinion is so inaccurate.

It seems to me that he believes our civil service has very high moral and ethical standards. After all they recruit the brightest and the best from our most highly regarded universities. That may well be the case.

If so then his supposition seems to be that they try to do the best they can to support us and provide the government of the day with the most accurate information available at the time. 

That being the case how have they managed to create such a cluster fuck? with more and more serious misjudgements.

Net migration is extremely high, UK youth unemployment is a continuing problem https://www.youthemployment.org.uk/youth-unemployment. Civil strife seems an inevitable consequence in the not so distant future yet under successive home secretaries police numbers are being cut and our authorities seem to be becoming more and more authoritarian, on the law abiding majority of the population.

Perhaps we are on the cynical side on this site, but I really can't see how the problems caused by immigration are going to be a benefit to us in the not too distant future. The issues that attract our attention seem to be the subject of disinformation from the press, TV and Radio news broadcasts. Anyone who tries to oppose the official government line become subject to mistreatment at the hands of the authorities and media. 

Do the government deliberately lie or has the civil service become incompetent?

This may have been true at one point, but not for about 40 years.  The civil service drives away people with talent and brains, as they can easily get more money and more respect in other careers.  Those that are left are not the cream of the crop.  Those that make it to the top are a subset which pander to the agenda of the day (which for 30 years has been SJW PC).

I wouldn't trust most of the fuckers to feed my cat whilst I was on holiday.

And in answer to your question, yes, the government does deliberately lie to the population.  I have seen it happen.

I tend to Melchett's point of view.

Politicians come and go, but Civil Servants are there for decades.

So, I blame the Civil Service.

Strange that none of the 'elites' of Oxbridge etc. ever try to enter the Police Force.

2 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

the government try their best not to be caught lying 

I’m coming to the view that they are beyond caring. We are as near a totalitarian state than we have been in recent history 

9 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Yes.

There is massive groupthink at the center of government, especially in the higher echelons of the civil service, simply because they all (or the vast majority) have the same background. And that background is the “elite” (I use that word unhappily) private schools followed by oxbridge arts and humanities. For those who have mercifully avoided close and repeated contact with such people, I shall spell out what that means: jaw dropping arrogance, scientific illiteracy , innumeracy and an unshakeable conviction that they are born to rule and that the proletariat are too fucking stupid to be allowed anywhere near the reigns of power or to be trusted with the truth about what they are up to.

I find the Land Rover Hampshire two ponies types are generally the most outright racist folk around. 

However it's always portrayed as the dumb no toothed dole bludgers from Hull.

Completely about face imo. 

13 minutes ago, ccc said:

I find the Land Rover Hampshire two ponies types are generally the most outright racist folk around. 

However it's always portrayed as the dumb no toothed dole bludgers from Hull.

Completely about face imo. 

Ah, but the 2 pony folk (and our beloved leaders) don’t live next door to those who enrich us. The working class are ever more likely to. 

Unless I'm prepared to ignore things I've been involved in or witnessed first hand in favour of what they say in the news then I could agree they don't lie.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, wherebee said:

This may have been true at one point, but not for about 40 years.  The civil service drives away people with talent and brains, as they can easily get more money and more respect in other careers.  Those that are left are not the cream of the crop.

Agreed I met a nice but dim woman on holiday recently. She worked in the Home Office and was able to afford a £450K home as a single parent.

Her qualification a degree in Theatre Studies from Leeds. She applied for and got the job via some sort of civil service graduate scheme.

Edit:

Found it ...the Civil Service Fast Stream

Edited by JackieO

7 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Do bears bear, do bees bee?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Current activity in Salisbury to keep that lie going is beyond farcical. Is anyone buying this?

And while we're at it, what is the religious affiliation of the current inhabitant of the Vatican?

8 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Do bears bear, do bees bee?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Current activity in Salisbury to keep that lie going is beyond farcical. Is anyone buying this?

That Salisbury thing isn't just lying, but really poor quality lying. One would have thought they would be really good at lying, what with all the practice they have had, but no. 

1 minute ago, unregistered_guest said:

And while we're at it, what is the religious affiliation of the current inhabitant of the Vatican?

Outwardly Roman Catholic, who knows though...

Holocaustianity maybe?

9 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Pope Francis really is the most political one we have had. The SJWs' Pope. More Islamist than Catholic, I fear.

Posted (edited)

Having worked for a major government department I can confidently state that the government lies all the time, though usually by omission and misdirection rather than simple falsehood.

Politicians and senior civil servants lie to the public, they lie to their staff and most of all they lie to each other.

It comes as naturally to them as breathing.

Edited by Virgil Caine