• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Knocked up at 48!

I’m in the dark regarding who has been knocked up at age 48! A benefit claimant trying to stay on the gravy train?

However in a world where there was no contraception it isn’t unnatural as many women, unexpectedly and possibly most didn’t want it, found themselves pregnant at that age.

In the modern world though with contraception freely available my personal view is that it’s selfish to bring a child into the world at that age.

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I’m in the dark regarding who has been knocked up at age 48! A benefit claimant trying to stay on the gravy train?

However in a world where there was no contraception it isn’t unnatural as many women, unexpectedly and possibly most didn’t want it, found themselves pregnant at that age.

In the modern world though with contraception freely available my personal view is that it’s selfish to bring a child into the world at that age.

I suppose though, on the other hand, by the time the child is 25, the mother will still not have reached retirement age. 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Daniel Craig looks knackered for 50 though.

well he has been shot, had his nads hit with a rope several times, been lasered, tasered, drugged, poisoned, etc etc.

Just now, One percent said:

I suppose though, on the other hand, by the time the child is 25, the mother will still not have reached retirement age. 

xD

Good point.

As spy predicts though kids being born to older parents will increase and the increase in congenital ailments will too!

The generational benefit suckers will be working it out for optimum ages to have your two kids, claim being ill/disability and not work.

From previous posts I see the knocked up one is Daniel Craig’s wife. Oh well, good luck to them....at least they’re paying for the kid themselves. I still think it’s selfish though to choose to have a kid at their age. Just my personal opinion.

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

From previous posts I see the knocked up one is Daniel Craig’s wife. Oh well, good luck to them....at least they’re paying for the kid themselves. I still think it’s selfish though to choose to have a kid at their age. Just my personal opinion.

Bad enough dealing with stroppy teens in your 40s, must be horrific in your 60s!

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Bad enough dealing with stroppy teens in your 40s, must be horrific in your 60s!

Agreed. 

My kids were born in my mid thirties. In hindsight I was too old then!

However DC & RW will have hired help for all the mundane tasks in life. Even, probably, a nanny/child minder!

26 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

xD

Good point.

As spy predicts though kids being born to older parents will increase and the increase in congenital ailments will too!

The generational benefit suckers will be working it out for optimum ages to have your two kids, claim being ill/disability and not work.

im 52 ive got a 3 year old,and id agree with you pretty much.yes he keeps me busy he stops me going the pub also if ive got him for the weekend,he stops me lounging around doing fk all has well,so there are some trade offs lol.

Just now, Economic Exile said:

Agreed. 

My kids were born in my mid thirties. In hindsight I was too old then!

However DC & RW will have hired help for all the mundane tasks in life. Even, probably, a nanny/child minder!

Having had a somewhat privileged life, I have known plenty of people whose parents could afford to (and chose to) outsource their parenting role. It doesn’t generally produce happy, well adjusted kids. 

5 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Having had a somewhat privileged life, I have known plenty of people whose parents could afford to (and chose to) outsource their parenting role. It doesn’t generally produce happy, well adjusted kids. 

Agreed.

The optimum life position, IMO, for a kid is being born into a family* with reasonable resources and time to interact with them positively on a day to day basis.

* To me a family means kids born naturally to a male and female. Or adopted into a family of that nature. I’m sorry if that offends anyone but nature knows best IMO.

Edited by Economic Exile
Adding my definition

A friend is a grand parent at 47.

His wife - nana - is dead fit, even at 46.

We walked down scarbs front with her pushing the pram in her bikini -  Eeh your stretch marks have gone quickly the old ladies said.

9 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

So ... youre maladusted ... nurse!

23 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

xD

Good point.

Congenital is interbred.

This ones pushing it on the functioning dna.

Not sure sure what upper limit is. Depends on person. I reckon i could handle another baby at 46. 50 is getting to pushing it.

Wary of women over 38, really pushing your luck there.

22 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

interesting that theory,im going to count 2 step sons and my own adult sons so 4 adult males,one has 4 kids and a pretend or exaderated illness he has 4 kids maybe 2 years work in his life,i doubt he will ever work again,another we threw out for bullying and drugs joined the army has sevral tours of iraq under his belt boxes for his regiment has been in the army 12 years,currently in the falklands but on stand by for rediployment .

two 25 year olds,one wont sighn on or work sponges off his girlfriend,his twin works been promoted twice never off sick doesnt realy drink doesnt smoke,will happily loan his brothers and mum money aready has 12k saved which is ample deposit around here.are they all productive no,are they happy yes unbeleivably

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

A friend is a grand parent at 47.

His wife - nana - is dead fit, even at 46.

We walked down scarbs front with her pushing the pram in her bikini -  Eeh your stretch marks have gone quickly the old ladies said.

So ... youre maladusted ... nurse!

My assistant is a grandmother at 43. Going on a date tomorrow with a 36 year old.

But more to the point, I am 50 and ready for me time. Feck starting over with a baby.