• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Men v Women Which bollox

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/pensions/article-5639361/Men-29-000-women-state-pension-20-years-finds-Which.html

'Men receive a whopping £29,000 more than women in retirement over 20 years, says Which? '

Innumerate bullshit.

Men get more as more have paid NI so qualify for the extra pension payment.

Total crap, even as nale and female retirement ages are equalised.

Women still have a an extra 5 years longer life expentancy than a bloke at 65.

Youll find that, even a the lower rate, women draw far more pension than a bloke.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/pensions/article-5639361/Men-29-000-women-state-pension-20-years-finds-Which.html

'Men receive a whopping £29,000 more than women in retirement over 20 years, says Which? '

Innumerate bullshit.

Men get more as more have paid NI so qualify for the extra pension payment.

Total crap, even as nale and female retirement ages are equalised.

Youll find that, even a the lower rate, women draw far more pension than a bloke.

I heard this on the radio.  It’s bollox because they were saying that women lose out of paying NI due to raising kids. 

No, if you are claiming child benefit, then you are automatically credited with your stamp. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I heard this on the radio.  It’s bollox because they were saying that women lose out of paying NI due to raising kids. 

No, if you are claiming child benefit, then you are automatically credited with your stamp. 

And there endeth the debate.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Spot on, it is stunning, at work its unbelievable the amount of blokes who kick the bucket up to 5 years before 67 and the number who retire and are dead within 2.

The women at work virtually all go the distance and then some.

The blokes in the main have the stressful engineering and management roles the women have administration and soft management / financial roles.

If the system was fair men should get better pension terms than women based on annuity rates, but we are equal so women get a better deal.

Posted (edited)

Also if you're married the wife often get some of her husband's private/company pension as well when he dies - on top of her own pension.  Apparently on average about 5 years worth due to the different life expectancy.

Edited by twocents

1 minute ago, twocents said:

Also if you're married you often get some of your husband's private pension as well when he dies.  Apparently on average about 5 years worth on top of the female's pension due to the different life expectancy.

But, but gender gap, male oppression etc. etc.

(although to be fair I think the WASPI lot have a very good case, but because they're not rioting or planting bombs the government is totally ignoring them)

Posted (edited)

On top of that it sounds like it doesn't take account of the money involved in sharing of the husband's/male partner's pension if the wife doesn't have a pension.

I know the article is about state pension and on the surface they might have a bit of a case (if the figures are correct) but they never look at the overall picture.

Their representatives moaning will never end of course - men men men.  For decades on top of decades it's just gone on and on and on and on.

One thing is for certain and that is one way or another the government will be cheating them like they cheat the men.  The government will be cheating all of them both male and female and that's on top of the corporates and pension funds cheating and defrauding them and not to mention thieving from them as well.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)

Absolute bollocks as usual.  Why do they even bother to print such shit other than to wind people up.  I saw the headline and clicked on the article whilst thinking let's see how the hell they figure this one out.

More men are nasty, poor oppressed women bullshit.  I'm sick of hearing it.

Edited by ILikeCake

Whilst at my place women do indeed pack the doss jobs (HR, communications, and corporate) they are also half if not more of the  long hours stress jobs.  So I'm not buying the simple women do the easier work line.

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Spot on, it is stunning, at work its unbelievable the amount of blokes who kick the bucket up to 5 years before 67 and the number who retire and are dead within 2.

One of my distant neighbours who I occasionally talked too retired a few years ago. They had an extension built soon after. This autumn his green house disappeared. I've not seen him since and there is never anyone out in the garden now. Washing is only hers. Can't exactly go and ask what happened but either scenario... poor bastard :(

2 hours ago, Cosmic Apple said:

One of my distant neighbours who I occasionally talked too retired a few years ago. They had an extension built soon after. This autumn his green house disappeared. I've not seen him since and there is never anyone out in the garden now. Washing is only hers. Can't exactly go and ask what happened but either scenario... poor bastard :(

Buried under the new extension's foundations?

I didn't know you lived in Brookside Close?

8 hours ago, One percent said:

Yes. That’s true, the current rules on NI credits for home responsibilities are until your youngest kid is age twelve but child benefit of around £100 per month for two continues until age about 18. kids Very good IMO.

It’s all very well saying that women get automatically credited with NI while raising kids. However, IMO, the point is that when you are a female and child raising you cannot build a career like a male can. 

Males and females aren’t equal from my perspective.

Worked since I was age age 12 in Saturday/weekend jobs. Left home age 20 to rent. Took a joint mortgage aged 30 at twice my modest bank salary in a coastal village. His earnings weren’t included!

Then I had kids while married in what I thought was a relationship that would support them and give them a life better than ours.

It wasn’t to be....he fucked off when the kids were aged 4 & 5.

Personally I’m very very very pissed off at not getting a state pension aged sixty because I’ve done everything in the household for over twenty years on my own having worked from age 16. That’s everything....paying all the bills, no money to pay a painter, grass cutter or whatever. Struggling to service a much need car in a rural area. Making meals, running them to activities, emotional support, discipline etc.

From my perspective I just didn’t have the time or luck in life to build up retirement money.

My response to my predicament in life was to downsize (yes very lucky I had that option), live frugally, take a small pension early and pay no more tax or NI.

The uk is fucked IMO. Decent people these days can’t afford to beget offspring until >30 while immigrants and generational indigenous benefit sucking folk are popping them out from around late teens early twenties.

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Yes. That’s true, the current rules on NI credits for home responsibilities are until your youngest kid is age twelve but child benefit of around £100 per month for two continues until age about 18. kids Very good IMO.

It’s all very well saying that women get automatically credited with NI while raising kids. However, IMO, the point is that when you are a female and child raising you cannot build a career like a male can. 

Males and females aren’t equal from my perspective.

Worked since I was age age 12 in Saturday/weekend jobs. Left home age 20 to rent. Took a joint mortgage aged 30 at twice my modest bank salary in a coastal village. His earnings weren’t included!

Then I had kids while married in what I thought was a relationship that would support them and give them a life better than ours.

It wasn’t to be....he fucked off when the kids were aged 4 & 5.

Personally I’m very very very pissed off at not getting a state pension aged sixty because I’ve done everything in the household for over twenty years on my own having worked from age 16. That’s everything....paying all the bills, no money to pay a painter, grass cutter or whatever. Struggling to service a much need car in a rural area. Making meals, running them to activities, emotional support, discipline etc.

From my perspective I just didn’t have the time or luck in life to build up retirement money.

My response to my predicament in life was to downsize (yes very lucky I had that option), live frugally, take a small pension early and pay no more tax or NI.

The uk is fucked IMO. Decent people these days can’t afford to beget offspring until >30 while immigrants and generational indigenous benefit sucking folk are popping them out from around late teens early twenties.

Agree. 

The issue re pensions and women is that whilst you do get stamp credits, you are probably not working full time so the occupational pension gets hammered. 

As you say, you also forego the career ladder as you are too busy looking after kids to focus on promotions. 

Meanwhile the feckless and gimmigrants get showered with tax payers money. 

Just now, One percent said:

Agree. 

The issue re pensions and women is that whilst you do get stamp credits, you are probably not working full time so the occupational pension gets hammered. 

As you say, you also forego the career ladder as you are too busy looking after kids to focus on promotions. 

Meanwhile the feckless and gimmigrants get showered with tax payers money. 

👍🏻

I’m sometimes very hopeful that common sense will prevail and society will acknowledge that men and women can’t be equal.

Mainly though I’m despondent because of life in the uk and the wider world these days. 

As a female who has worked for money from age 12 and paid tax and NI from age 16, had kids when feeling “secure” in early thirties with a husband who then left his kids emotionally and financially aged 4&5 I got to the realisation aged 55 after doing it all that I’d had enough!

It really is very very difficult IME to increase your earnings when bringing up kids.

Anyway, age 55 i realised I was stuffed in life after doing numerous shit low paid jobs for just over minimum wage so I took my meagre occupational pension early and can’t be bothered to work much now. Why would I? No point IMO. Shit jobs with crap pay aren’t going to help me make my future better so I can’t be bothered these days. 

I struggle to engage with any talk about pensions, being 20 or 25 years away from claiming. I doubt their will be a financial system in operation by then, other than the system of bartering bits of roasted goat.