• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Rare Bear

Reseting password on TOS

I've reinstalled Windows from scratch and on TOS they seem not to want to reset my password. When I try I get the message

Lost Password

You have recently submitted a password reset request. Please check your email within the next few minutes including any 'junk mail' or 'spam' folders you may have.
But no email appears. Anyone got any ideas?

It’s pretty much ever been this Rare Bare. I remember going through this palaver years ago when I still thought there was any point in posting on TOS. I got the same runaraound you report here, and in the end the only way was to hunt down a direct contact email and directly contact them about it.  The auto reset clearly doesn’t work, at least for a significant set of people. The fact that it’s been like this for years tells you all you need to know.

forget about the place. Or at least view it as something  you once did that you no longer do.

9 minutes ago, Melchett said:

It’s pretty much ever been this Rare Bare. I remember going through this palaver years ago when I still thought there was any point in posting on TOS. I got the same runaraound you report here, and in the end the only way was to hunt down a direct contact email and directly contact them about it.  The auto reset clearly doesn’t work, at least for a significant set of people. The fact that it’s been like this for years tells you all you need to know.

forget about the place. Or at least view it as something  you once did that you no longer do.

I just had a look on their OT forum, on the first page it has a thread where the last activity was on April the 8th! You have to go to page eight of our OT forum to find a thread with the last activity going back to that date!

I feel kinda sorry for them, but they brought it on themselves.

2 hours ago, shindigger said:

I've had same issue on here. Put it down to the VPN. Then all of a sudden it worked again.

No, that one was a poll we had on stealth. Got deleted in the end.

Hang on, I shouldn't have mentioned that, should I...