• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
BBH

You tube video editing

Can anyone recommend the best video editing software, for MP4 files, windows 10? For a You Tube channel. Nothing too complicated or expensive

I haven't got much of a clue when it comes to video editing but this suits me to a tee and works great for creating stuff for youtube etc.

Loads of formats and options and it is easy to get your head around.

I use it on a linux system but there is a windows versione as well.

https://kdenlive.org/

Best of all it costs now't so you can have a go now, today, no likey no lighty...

5 hours ago, BBH said:

Can anyone recommend the best video editing software, for MP4 files, windows 10? For a You Tube channel. Nothing too complicated or expensive

Why don't you just use the Youtube editor itself?  Shame you can't join files anymore but you can get simple apps that just join videos.

Once you've edited them you can download them as MP4s..

I also use kdenlive -- easy enough to use but can be reasonably powerful if you need it to be  -- so there's less risk of having to relearn a new package if your needs get more complex.

2 hours ago, Fischer said:

Why don't you just use the Youtube editor itself? 

I think that was discontinued last year? 

There's always windows movie maker. It can be found on the internet still if you don't have it already. Microsoft closed it down last year I think, so there's no support, but people grabbed it before they stopped.

6 hours ago, dgul said:

I also use kdenlive -- easy enough to use but can be reasonably powerful if you need it to be  -- so there's less risk of having to relearn a new package if your needs get more complex.

I found it buggy on Windows, great on Linux though