• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Anyone care to guess the ethnicity of these idiots?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5646891/Recovery-worker-dies-heart-attack-battles-rescue-Mercedes.html

Crews from Burnham Coastguard, Burnham Area Rescue Boat (BARB), and the vehicle recovery service were initially called to Brean beach in Somerset at 2pm on Saturday.

The stricken couple in the Mercedes had got stuck in mud a fair way out on the beach, as the tide moved in fast and a thunderstorm rolled in over Somerset.

The couple were found to be in no danger and were very apologetic.

On what planet do people think it appropriate to drive on the beach?  Fucking lazy tossers should park up and walk.  

Every bloody summer, I’m writing mrs angry emails to the council because of stupid, selfish tourists parking on the pedestrian only sea wall.  

Aaannd breath. 

If I was a betting man I would say White British.

Foolhardy people have been driving onto beaches since cars were invented.

There are always a few that get stuck every year; and amusingly it is usually "premium" marques which sums up the sort of people who drive these things.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There are always a few that get stuck every year; and amusingly it is usually "premium" marques which sums up the sort of people who drive these things.

I’ve not seen it before. My thinking is that people who have grown up far from the sea will do silly things like this. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I’ve not seen it before. My thinking is that people who have grown up far from the sea will do silly things like this. 

There have been cars sinking into the sand off Weston as long as I can remember.  It's mainly youngsters who think that their magic car can do anything and want to show off to their current squeeze or impress their mates.

It's regularly repeated all round the south west where you have beaches onto which you can drive.  Living near the sea seems to encourage it rather than make people realise that it's not a great idea.

The prime similar example was one pillock was fired up enough that he decided to entertain his mates by jumping his car across Porthleven harbour one Christmas.  No ramps and the target landing the same level as the take off.  Died of course.

I know someone who had to be towed off a beach as the tide was coming in.  I wouldn't go so far as to call it a rite of passage but it wouldn't raise many eyebrows.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

There have been cars sinking into the sand off Weston as long as I can remember.  It's mainly youngsters who think that their magic car can do anything and want to show off to their current squeeze or impress their mates.

It's regularly repeated all round the south west where you have beaches onto which you can drive.  Living near the sea seems to encourage it rather than make people realise that it's not a great idea.

The prime similar example was one pillock was fired up enough that he decided to entertain his mates by jumping his car across Porthleven harbour one Christmas.  No ramps and the target landing the same level as the take off.  Died of course.

I know someone who had to be towed off a beach as the tide was coming in.  I wouldn't go so far as to call it a rite of passage but it wouldn't raise many eyebrows.

xD

fair enough. Clearly we are a bit more switched on oop north. 

Depends on the sand.

In Gower, I used to regularly drive on Oxwich beach to launch my boats.

Everybody does because the wet sand at Oxwich is very firm indeed.

39 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

citizen-khan.jpg

Ticks all the thread boxes. :Beer:

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

xD

fair enough. Clearly we are a bit more switched on oop north. 

I think it's a mixture of the temptation being there, knowing people who have got away with it successfully, and ease of access as with the small number of car parks that are actually on the beach.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5646891/Recovery-worker-dies-heart-attack-battles-rescue-Mercedes.html

Crews from Burnham Coastguard, Burnham Area Rescue Boat (BARB), and the vehicle recovery service were initially called to Brean beach in Somerset at 2pm on Saturday.

The stricken couple in the Mercedes had got stuck in mud a fair way out on the beach, as the tide moved in fast and a thunderstorm rolled in over Somerset.

The couple were found to be in no danger and were very apologetic.

On what planet do people think it appropriate to drive on the beach?  Fucking lazy tossers should park up and walk.  

Every bloody summer, I’m writing mrs angry emails to the council because of stupid, selfish tourists parking on the pedestrian only sea wall.  

Aaannd breath. 

I suppose it's been established it wasn't an amphibious Mercedes rented in France that suddenly became non-amphibious requiring rescue once it got to wading depth in Britain.  

Probably not - it happening on the Somerset coast. 

Maybe they were trying to escape.

Edited by twocents