• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

DIY SOS - The big build

Recommended Posts

Is without doubt a great tv programme. Normally ends up with some moist eyes in the Plan household and always reminds me that not everyone is a piece of shit. There are some amazing people out there.

But, and following on from the comment about the lack of black charity runners in the marathon, it is very noticeable that all the volunteer trades are traditional British. Which is sort of surprising since we are always being told that without immigrants the building trade would be on its knees.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a related note, my own experience suggests that the only people that give a shit about wildlife conservation, the natural environment or animal rescue in this country are white people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon most people aren't pieces of shit. Many act that way though these days. 

I remember seeing that programme, the workies I remember from it were Handy Andy, he guy who has his name on Pound Land/World/whatever it's  called tools, and the gardening woman with the ample chest, Alan Titchmarsh too, dunno if he did that programme though. They were all dreadfully British as far as O could see. God knows, TVless so it's all a bit distant nowadays. 

How was your school night wine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

I reckon most people aren't pieces of shit. Many act that way though these days. 

I remember seeing that programme, the workies I remember from it were Handy Andy, he guy who has his name on Pound Land/World/whatever it's  called tools, and the gardening woman with the ample chest, Alan Titchmarsh too, dunno if he did that programme though. They were all dreadfully British as far as O could see. God knows, TVless so it's all a bit distant nowadays. 

How was your school night wine?

Different programme I think.

But school night wine was going well until BBC new came on. Feck off Abbot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NTB said:

On a related note, my own experience suggests that the only people that give a shit about wildlife conservation, the natural environment or animal rescue in this country are white people. 

I agree.

 

I also think that the world without us would end up being a dark and horrid place. We are a good thing for the world and the people, animals and plants on it. We've doubtless caused all sorts of harm but we are always working to be better and nicer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cunning Plan said:

But, and following on from the comment about the lack of black charity runners in the marathon, it is very noticeable that all the volunteer trades are traditional British. Which is sort of surprising since we are always being told that without immigrants the building trade would be on its knees.

 

Individual trades and small companies in the areas I know mostly the same and worked with quite a few, most of them pretty honest and would not dump on their own doorstep as it would seriously affect their chances of future work in a smallish city, besides other trades would not want to recommend or team up with them as that is how it works on the ground.  It is the big co's and contracting firms that wanted the quick route to cheap labour and none of the training costs.

 

Edited by onlyme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Different programme I think.

But school night wine was going well until BBC new came on. Feck off Abbot.

Ah.

I don't know you can watch any news or political programmes at all. I would like to see Abbot on Numberwang, that would be decent telly. When I see TV nowadays its all political, everything is infected almost. Between that and the adverts I'm better off with stuff on the internet, and I'm not giving the So-Called BBC money.

I think I may be virtue signalling here so will just leave it here at that admission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.