• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
TheBlueCat

Willy Transplant

4 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

It had to happen eventually:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43873058

With some of these transplants I personally would consider the tradeoff from getting the part with the subsequent lifetime on immunosupressants and the complications that will bring.

As a result, I wouldn't choose a penis transplant as it doesn't bring with it the main benefit, which is having your own children, and so the lifetime on immunosupressants wouldn't be worth it.

Edited by Hopeful

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

With some of these transplants I personally would consider the tradeoff from getting the part with the subsequent lifetime on immunosupressants and the complications that will bring.

As a result, I wouldn't choose a penis transplant as it doesn't bring with it the main benefit, which is having your own children, and so the lifetime on immunosupressants wouldn't be worth it.

They didn’t transplant the balls so unless he’d lost them too any resultant kids would be genetically his. 

5 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

They didn’t transplant the balls so unless he’d lost them too any resultant kids would be genetically his. 

He'd lost his testicles as well. Transplanting them was considered too much of an ethical issue (obviously). The poor chap is never going to have his own kids.

Ethical considerations swept aside, IMO, even a cock and balls transplant wouldn't be worth a life on immunosupressants.

In the situation where I had my balls but no penis, I still wouldn't opt for a penis transplant as the downside of a life on immunosupressants would still be too great. And you could use your own sperm in IVF as you don't need a penis to get it.

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

He'd lost his testicles as well. Transplanting them was considered too much of an ethical issue (obviously). The poor chap is never going to have his own kids.

Ethical considerations swept aside, IMO, even a cock and balls transplant wouldn't be worth a life on immunosupressants.

In the situation where I had my balls but no penis, I still wouldn't opt for a penis transplant as the downside of a life on immunosupressants would still be too great. And you could use your own sperm in IVF as you don't need a penis to get it.

Ah, didn’t realize he’d lost the lot. Poor sod. Wonder what his views are on trannies who voluntarily get it all cut off?

38 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Depends. Things like going swimming or even going to the public toilets would be vastly improved ie. less embarrassment. 

You could achieve aesthetics and possibly urinary function with phalloplasty without need for any immunosuppressants, but a phalloplasty won't give function without an erectile mechanism. This op is about potential erectile function.

Personally, although immunosuppression has come a long way, I see being permanently on immunosuppressants as a huge downside for subsequent life, just the worry of losing your meds and rejection, let alone susceptibility to infections.  So I'd only accept it for life saving transplants. If a penis was psychologically that important that it was life saving, then perhaps so. I'm not in the soldier's shoes. But it wouldn't be someone else's penis for me, neither would phalloplasty. I wouldn't care what people thought in the changing room.

Edited by Hopeful

17 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

You could achieve aesthetics and possibly urinary function with phalloplasty without need for any immunosuppressants, but a phalloplasty won't give function without an erectile mechanism. This op is about potential erectile function.

Personally, although immunosuppression has come a long way, I see being permanently on immunosuppressants as a huge downside for subsequent life, just the worry of losing your meds and rejection, let alone susceptibility to infections.  So I'd only accept it for life saving transplants. If a penis was psychologically that important that it was life saving, then perhaps so. I'm not in the soldier's shoes. But it wouldn't be someone else's penis for me, neither would phalloplasty. I wouldn't care what people thought in the changing room.

Don't really like to think of such things, but I probably agree with this.

[I have a suspicion that this operation and the subsequent story is all about the surgeon's ego.]

11 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I wonder if the urban legends about waking up in an ice bath with no kidneys will now mutate into waking up in an ice bath with no genitals.

I think the Chinese like to do a bit of organ harvesting off their political prisoners. Though I'm not sure people will be queuing round the block for a Chinese cock and balls.