• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Car Wash Advisory Service- 10,000 and 20,000 hand car washes in the UK

Slavery again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43868920

10k-20k - about 10-20 Roma per wash, I make that ~100k->400k Roma just doing car washing.

Id guess there are about several 10k selling the Big Issue.

That '3M EUers' figure they keep repeating does not add up.

I would guess there are 6m-9m EUers in the UK.

Mainly EEers. Mainly claiming benefits.

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Slavery again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43868920

10k-20k - about 10-20 Roma per wash, I make that ~100k->400k Roma just doing car washing.

Id guess there are about several 10k selling the Big Issue.

That '3M EUers' figure they keep repeating does not add up.

I would guess there are 6m-9m EUers in the UK.

Mainly EEers. Mainly claiming benefits.

I love how the So-Called BBC spin the article, slavery, blah as if its our fault, perhaps if you made all those arriving pass a points test, there wouldnt be no more carwash slavery?

#vileBBC

6 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I love how the So-Called BBC spin the article, slavery, blah as if its our fault, perhaps if you made all those arriving pass a points test, there wouldnt be no more carwash slavery?

#vileBBC

The problem is that all these people are hidden.  No one sees these car washes or the cars getting cleaned.  No one in authority know when or where it happens. Cars just somehow get cleaned.  My guess is in the middle of the night, these people turn up like magic elves and clean your car whilst you are still asleep.

This causes problems for the authorities.  how can they stop something that they cannot see and thus cannot identify as a problem?

You can smell them even if you can't see them, they stink (the water not the people...). I feel bad for people living next door to them who bought their home when it was a car showroom or petrol station. They weren't to know or expect it.

They aren't Roma though, they are mainly Bulgarians round here. Dodgy bastards nonetheless and I don't use them since the local petrol garage (still British owned/staffed!) got permission to open a jetwash. Yes that's right, if you do things by the book, you have to get planning permission. There were several objections from neighbours worried about the noise, so they are only allowed to open their jetwash between 9am and 6pm.  Most of these gimmegrant operations are 8am to 10pm round here, flouting the laws.

If we do start deporting these types or shutting them down, then there will be an onsalught of posturing from the lefties that "just didn't know" these people were being exploited by gangmasters and being made to work 16 hour days for £0.60 an hour. Of course anything they do make is sent home. Anyway, , make sure you remember that!

2 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I don't share the #vileBBC idea that they are cheap either. £15 to wash your car with some caustic chemicals and then hoover it, is a ripoff IMO.

Indeed. It used to cost a few quid to use one of the mechanical washers, plus you werent feeding crime, costing yourself money in bennies and handing your car keys, and maybe house keys too, over to some dodgy characters. 

I think the cost advantage of them isnt to the end user, as they are clearly more expensive per wash. The competitive advantage is, as has been suggested, that they flout all the rules that any legit mechanical washer (usually on a garage forecourt) has to go through.

I wont use them either. Im amazed people do.

7 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Indeed. It used to cost a few quid to use one of the mechanical washers, plus you werent feeding crime, costing yourself money in bennies and handing your car keys, and maybe house keys too, over to some dodgy characters. 

I think the cost advantage of them isnt to the end user, as they are clearly more expensive per wash. The competitive advantage is, as has been suggested, that they flout all the rules that any legit mechanical washer (usually on a garage forecourt) has to go through.

I wont use them either. Im amazed people do.

No.

Each roma/alabanian will be getting tax credits child benefit, rent paid.

Each hand car wash probably costs the UK about £200. And Im not joking.

38 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I thought these places were mainly concerned with washing dodgy cash, not cars?

My gripe is it has removed a lucrative source of Saturday money from a whole generation of kids. Even at 13 the poor sods are suffering financially from stupid immigration.

Npope.

They are the means to tax credits.

Maybe some money washing. But they are benefits scams.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Npope.

They are the means to tax credits.

Maybe some money washing. But they are benefits scams.

They did start before tax credits as I remember them in late 90s/early 2000s, don't know whether they were getting other bennies before, expect so, but have multiplied into these thousands since Brown put the free money sign up.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

They did start before tax credits as I remember them in late 90s/early 2000s, don't know whether they were getting other bennies before, expect so, but have multiplied into these thousands since Brown put the free money sign up.

There were some hand car washes.

I dont remember as many or as many Balkans til about 2009ish.

5 minutes ago, spygirl said:

There were some hand car washes.

I dont remember as many or as many Balkans til about 2009ish.

A big factor also was  many small or independent garages shut down through 2008/9 as supermarkets subsidised fuel, that created a big jump in available spare lots, cleanup costs and recession mean they weren't repurposed either.

2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

I thought these places were mainly concerned with washing dodgy cash, not cars?

My gripe is it has removed a lucrative source of Saturday money from a whole generation of kids. Even at 13 the poor sods are suffering financially from stupid immigration.

Not round 'ere :Old: The village scouthut has a car wash (£5) manned by Scouts all Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Why don't people wash their own cars? 

I used to when I lived in the U.K. 

I am guessing it's a symptom created by PCP. You don't need to worry that your car plastics will look shit in 5-10 year's time because of the caustic chemicals used by the gimmegrant car washers as you won't "own" the car then.

I think it's intentionally transferring money from one eu nation to another in an attempt to equalise eu nations' economies - as well as leeching money to the host nation's elites.  It also helps to destroy the traditions, cultures and security of the host nation's people. 

It's not all about fluffy diversity and easy travel.

The standard of living of the host nation's people declines dramatically but British elites do an effective job of hiding that through dodgy statistics and propaganda etc.

I don't use them.  The ones in supermarket car parks are a nuisance and deter custom.  Those supermarkets are so bloated with money (partly from the migration) that they don't care.

Edited by twocents

Errr... I get a full valet once a quarter from the local cashwash. £45. Makes my car look brand spanking new. 

I don't really give a toss about the rest of it... This is 21st century UK. What has happened over the last 40 years makes me weep, but you may aswell shout at the moon.

Edited by Roger_Mellie

8 minutes ago, twocents said:

I don't use them.  The ones in supermarket car parks are a nuisance and deter custom.  Those supermarkets are so bloated with money that they don't care.

What's weird is that the Sainsburys car park has ~5 of those "donate your clothes" banks and 1x "cash for clothes" bank that are unfailingly run by illegals and only used by chavvy sorts - or other migrants.

Not the kind of image that Sainsburys wants to project presumably. Same with Waitrose, the only place I see Big Issue sellers regularly.

1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

Not round 'ere :Old: The village scouthut has a car wash (£5) manned by Scouts all Saturday.

That's even worse. Those scouts are modern day slaves. They won't see a penny of that money.

Worst job I ever had in my youth was working on a potato picking machine.  Second worst was as a car cleaner having to clean the spokes on the wheels of an e type jag with duraglit.  In the scruffier parts of West Yorks the price of a hand car wash has dropped from £5 to £3.50.  Oversupply.

It's people trafficking and money laundering - who pays for these with a card? If it's Bulgarian they'll have a good side line on making fake ID as well.