• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Wont no-one thing of the hosses!!!!

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/16178031.Collapsed__exhausted__barely_alive___Noggin_the_horse_just_one_of_cruelty_incidents_that_shame_region/

' Figures published today reveal County Durham is ranked the fourth worst place for horse-related complaints while North Yorkshire comes in at number seven. '

Now why would Co Durham come ~4th?

Is it one of the Uks centres for horse racing or something?

Maybe a gymkhana on every corner?

Or maybe full of loads of middle class gels who ride horses?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Just how many are there?  I don’t remember this problem when growing up

Its a bit too far north, beyond boro.

Darlo and Bishop Aukland are NE pikey central.

There's also a large part of 'Pikey n Proud'

Go back to the 80s and only a couple of the older blokes had the odd horse. Kids went for cars.

Now kids have cars and horses. At least til they get bored. Or horse gets ill.

Loose horses on the major roadds bwtween Newcaste and boro are a major hazard. Getting to be daily.

They need mcirochipping and registered. ANy unregistered horse is took off and killed. Fuck the mad horse/animal rights ladies.

12 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

seems a bit of a tradition, one up from the whippet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29900952

One owner told the So-Called BBC: "This is the way we live. We like to have a mess about with them in the streets, have a bit of fun. I just like riding and racing them."

Another example of BBC reporting dancing around the elephant in the room

(Although it is legal to keep a horse in your front or back garden)

The issue of who could possibly be doing this isn't even broached in the article which is surprising as it should be relatively obvious. It's not like Mrs Miggins abandoning a cat in a box, is it? Most households don't have a horse curled up in front of the fire.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a modicum of common sense that it's everyone's favourite caravan utilising nomadic travellers. So why don't they just say so?

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The issue of who could possibly be doing this isn't even broached in the article which is surprising as it should be relatively obvious. It's not like Mrs Miggins abandoning a cat in a box, is it? Most households don't have a horse curled up in front of the fire.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a modicum of common sense that it's everyone's favourite caravan utilising nomadic travellers. So why don't they just say so?

They've joined the privilege hierarchy. Remember this one? On a bloody rugby field FFS.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35967459

On 24/04/2018 at 11:48, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Start eating them like the Swiss. (actually I don't like the texture of the meat)

Then when people don't want them any more, there will be somewhere to take them.

(Apologies to more sensitive animal lovers on here, just MO as I can't see the difference between eating pretty animals and non-pretty animals)

It happens already, and hasn't solved the problem. I understand there's a big slaughterhouse in Devon that exports horse-meat to France; in fact it might be that a large fraction of the meat eaten in France is imported from such places.

A friend of mine found out about it, since he was looking for a horse's hoof to do some mechanical measurements on, as he was involved in a some project on bio-mechanics. He's a theoretical guy, and phoned around to see if he could get hold of one. I think he was expecting to buy something about the same size as a horseshoe, which he could put on his desk at the end as a slightly macabre trophy.

Anyway, following one lead after another, he ended up on the phone to a chap at the slaughter house, who said "sure, no problem. See you tomorrow". Next day, after a long drive to Devon, he was met at the company, had a look around, and after the tour was horrified to be bundled back into his car with a bloody great open sack of horse's lower legs.

He was rather traumatised after the journey, and glad he didn't think of bringing his son along for the ride. I've no idea how he disposed of the legs, although I guess the university vet school was used to dealing with body parts.

7 minutes ago, BurntBread said:

It happens already, and hasn't solved the problem. I understand there's a big slaughterhouse in Devon that exports horse-meat to France; in fact it might be that a large fraction of the meat eaten in France is imported from such places.

A friend of mine found out about it, since he was looking for a horse's hoof to do some mechanical measurements on, as he was involved in a some project on bio-mechanics. He's a theoretical guy, and phoned around to see if he could get hold of one. I think he was expecting to buy something about the same size as a horseshoe, which he could put on his desk at the end as a slightly macabre trophy.

Anyway, following one lead after another, he ended up on the phone to a chap at the slaughter house, who said "sure, no problem. See you tomorrow". Next day, after a long drive to Devon, he was met at the company, had a look around, and after the tour was horrified to be bundled back into his car with a bloody great open sack of horse's lower legs.

He was rather traumatised after the journey, and glad he didn't think of bringing his son along for the ride. I've no idea how he disposed of the legs, although I guess the university vet school was used to dealing with body parts.

Maybe they need such a slaughterhouse up in County Durham? Cash-only deals for the pikeys :-)

The appeasement towards certain communities is dreadful.

As a farmer you'd have inspections, etc.  Sure, not often, but most farmers are terrified of being charged under cruelty (as it would bankrupt them).  And there are so many footpaths, etc -- any member of the public could wander by, perhaps after missing a turn and going off-piste; a single phone call and your life will be hell for months even if you've done nothing wrong.

But for some reason these communities are allowed to get away with these crimes.  

On 24/04/2018 at 12:29, Sgt Hartman said:

Equality Act regards them as a race and that affords them legal cover... even though they can't read or write. They get free lawyers etc provided by the Gypsy Council. 

3 minutes ago, Melchett said:

Wouldn’t it be nice for such people to be held economically liable for the costs of their negligence?

not going to happen, of course.

I was thinking exactly the same. Think of what it costs to have all those people sat in their cars for hours. I’m surprised the CBI isn’t on it. 

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Compulsory chip ids.

Owners register. 

Big funes fir nit registering.

Since footn mouth you have to track other livestock.

Crank the same system out for horses.

Itll be against their human rights.  Pikeys roam free and it is their culture not to be tied to the system.  their horses are the same.

Discriminatory