• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Question: how do you ethnically profile for ‘black’ without actually seeing someone?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/uk-black-students-university-applications-investigation-more-likely-ucas-figures-nus-labour-a8314496.html

basically, Ucas has been accused of discrimination because it flags far more black people for investigation around student loans than others. 

This story has it all, starting with Lammy no brain screaming from the roof tops. Piss poor reporting through not giving any substance or detail beyond the sjw sky screaming stance. 

A question, how do they know that a person is black without actually seeing them?  Is it a box someone has ticked?  Is it their name?  

Woman on radio this morning moaning that BAME are underrepresented at university.

Clearly racist.

She didn't mention that men are very underrepresented, which is clearly sexist.

Just bollocks. If you get the grades, you get in. If you don't, you don't. It really is very simple.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Woman on radio this morning moaning that BAME are underrepresented at university.

Clearly racist.

Just bollocks. If you get the grades, you get in. If you don't, you don't. It really is very simple.

Well, apart from they are so desperate for the income stream they are taking anyone.....

40 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Clearly racist.

I really wish someone would call out this egregious horseshit when it happens.

I do not believe, for even a moment, that British universities would turn someone away 'because they were black' and I absolutely hate this implication that they're underrepresented because of some undercurrent of old-school racism. That is sixth-form levels of right-on bollocks and should be questioned by any decent presenter.

If there are less black people at uni it will have more to do with socioeconomic or demographic reasons than anything else. To say otherwise is simply shit-stirring.

Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

I really wish someone would call out this egregious horseshit when it happens.

I do not believe, for even a moment, that British universities would turn someone away 'because they were black' and I absolutely hate this implication that they're underrepresented because of some undercurrent of old-school racism. That is sixth-form levels of right-on bollocks and should be questioned by any decent presenter.

If there are less black people at uni it will have more to do with socioeconomic or demographic reasons than anything else. To say otherwise is simply shit-stirring.

This. But they don't. 

I don't know many black people, except Greg, Nigel, Conrad, and Jackie.

The whole subject is nonsense, dreamed up in a Sociology pub, by people who aren't black.

7 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

This. But they don't. 

The only one I've ever seen do it was Andrew Neil on This Week and the person (the odious Munroe Bergdof) was firmly put back in their box. His/her similar bollocks didn't stand up to even the most basic of analysis and questioning.

They need to start doing their jobs. The fuck are they being paid 300k for if they can't even call out patent garbage?

Edited by Sgt Hartman

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The only one I've ever seen do it was Andrew Neil on This Week and the person (the odious Munroe Bergdof) was firmly put back in their box. His/her bollocks didn't stand up to even the most basic of analysis and questioning.

The assertion which this thread is about doesn’t either. That was my main point of posting it. Assertion dressed as fact and no one, but no one challenges the underlying details. 

As you say, it’s all bollocks. 

Like this?

Singer Raye has accused upmarket London restaurant The Ivy Chelsea Garden of 'disgusting and blatant racism'. The musician, 20, launched into a furious tirade against the popular venue's Chelsea branch after her black friend was refused entry because his outfit didn't comply to their 'smart dress code' - while her white friend was let inside in casual sports gear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5651981/Raye-racism-row-Londons-Ivy-Chelsea-Garden.html

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

From the article 

What I experienced was heartbreaking. I was shaking . Explicit racism . Not in MY CITY. Plz share 

Everything is being driven by the offended. 

Ill offend them. They need to grow up or fuck off. Preferably both. 

39 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't know many black people, except Greg, Nigel, Conrad, and Jackie.

The whole subject is nonsense, dreamed up in a Sociology pub, by people who aren't black.

They don't sound black.  You sure they're not just miners?

Just now, dgul said:

They don't sound black.  You sure they're not just miners?

Nigel, and Jackie are from London. Conrad was born in St Lucia. Greg is a Texan I used to work with

22 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Sounds more like sexism to me -- but it's always been that way.  Women are more likely to get away with expressive clothes in situations where men are supposed to be in suits (possibly without the tie these days).

1 minute ago, dgul said:

Sounds more like sexism to me -- but it's always been that way.  Women are more likely to get away with expressive clothes in situations where men are supposed to be in suits (possibly without the tie these days).

Always been the case.

17 minutes ago, dgul said:

I was reading that article thinking to myself "Ah, next time I get barred entry to some place because my clothing is not a suit and/or smart shoes then I am going to sue for sexism!". But I suspect there will be loads ahead of me in the cue.

Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

I was reading that article thinking to myself "Ah, next time I get barred entry to some place because my clothing is not a suit and/or smart shoes then I am going to sue for sexism!". But I suspect there will be loads ahead of me in the cue.

Snooker clubs are normally quite relaxed in the dress code department.