• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

Incel - involuntary celibate

an internet subculture of social outcasts & "beta males" who want a return to more mysognistic values of the past, because they perceive that the current set up of society is denying them access to sex. 

Toronto attack: Facebook post may link suspect to misogynistic online subculture

Post appears to connect alleged killer with ‘incel’, or ‘involuntary celibate’, communities that have made sexual frustration the basis for misogyny

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/toronto-van-attack-facebook-post-may-link-suspect-with-incel-group

Edited by WorkingPoor

Shortly before a rented van ploughed into a crowd of pedestrians in Toronto, killing 10 and wounding 14 others, a short and cryptic message was posted on the Facebook account of Alek Minassian, the man accused of carrying out the attack. 

The post referred to another mass killer – Elliot Rodger, who  shot dead six people and wounded 13 others in Isla Vista, California, in 2014 – and said that the “incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys”. 

Minassian’s Facebook account has since been deleted and police have yet to suggest a motive for the attack, but the post appeared to connect the alleged killer with the so-called “incel” movement, which has made collective sexual frustration the basis for a deeply misogynistic online subculture.

Incel stands for “involuntary celibate”, and the people who identify with the label are almost exclusively male. On incels.me, the subculture’s leading online forum, an incel is described as someone who “can’t have sex despite wanting to”, and is thus also denied the pleasures of relationships. (In incel lingo, sexually successful men are known as “Chads”, and attractive women are called “Stacys”). 

Self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support and develop an ideology whose central belief is that the modern world is unfairly stacked against awkward or unattractive heterosexual men.

Incel websites argue that society is set up so that some men have numerous sexual partners, others have none and women get to take their pick in what is often described as a “sexual marketplace”.

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

Incel - involuntary celibate

an internet subculture of social outcasts & "beta males" who want a return to more mysognistic values of the past, because they perceive that the current set up of society is denying them access to sex. 

Toronto attack: Facebook post may link suspect to misogynistic online subculture

Post appears to connect alleged killer with ‘incel’, or ‘involuntary celibate’, communities that have made sexual frustration the basis for misogyny

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/24/toronto-van-attack-facebook-post-may-link-suspect-with-incel-group

Cripes. Grow some balls and actually talk to women. They don't live on the internet. And they don't all take their clothes off after a cider. Also stop driving vans. A lot of people choose vans over cars nowadays. Practical I suppose, but I think they watched the A Team too much. It's beacause modern cars are mostly shit, with tiny engines and cup holders.

If this was the genuine cause behind the attack then it would be absolutely barking.  Go and sleep with a prostitute; just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean that all women hate you so much that you have a motive for killing them.

But the internet can really twist impressionable people; those twelve year old girls who murdered another young girl as a sacrifice to Slenderman is the prime example.  Despite said Slenderman being a deliberate invention in a "design a horror" competition on the internet and there being no encouragement from anyone to kill people for this fictional character.

As an Armenian whose country has suffered mass slaughter by muslims that's got to be a heavy motivation to carry out an attack in a muslim area; even if not explicitly stated as such.

It is almost like there was a sensible reason that societies would impose limits on female sexuality....

I never understood why the original """celebrity""" Incel, the infamous Elliot Rodger was an incel. While certainly a bit eccentric looking he was not ugly, was wealthy and had status, and really good hair. I don't normally agree with censorship, but some of the MGTOW and incel sites seem to be terrible places, just as bad as the radical feminists.

1 minute ago, Stunley Andwin said:

It is almost like there was a sensible reason that societies would impose limits on female sexuality....

I never understood why the original """celebrity""" Incel, the infamous Elliot Rodger was an incel. While certainly a bit eccentric looking he was not ugly, was wealthy and had status, and really good hair. I don't normally agree with censorship, but some of the MGTOW and incel sites seem to be terrible places, just as bad as the radical feminists.

A MGTOW forum was linked from ToS and, with the very big caveat that when you visit a new forum you notice the extreme posts rather than the reasonable ones, it seemed a pretty toxic place.

It surprised me as I definitely see the case for MGTOW and think that there is a lot of legal discrimination against men but the reality of the discussions was every word that wasn't a simple profanity was bitch, whore etc.  It was incredibly bitter and very unpleasant. 

It was indeed a terrible place.

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

A MGTOW forum was linked from ToS and, with the very big caveat that when you visit a new forum you notice the extreme posts rather than the reasonable ones, it seemed a pretty toxic place.

It surprised me as I definitely see the case for MGTOW and think that there is a lot of legal discrimination against men but the reality of the discussions was every word that wasn't a simple profanity was bitch, whore etc.  It was incredibly bitter and very unpleasant. 

It sounds like your average gangsta rap video. :Old:

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yep. Although I agree with a lot of the MGTOW case and red pill theory, the red pill reddit I linked to a while back on another thread is stuffed with teen/early twenties types willy waggling and posting absolute bollocks. Sadly, I think such sites are best avoided. “Stick to the side bar” to misquote one of the axioms of the red pill reddit.

Edited by Melchett

46 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

If this was the genuine cause behind the attack then it would be absolutely barking.  Go and sleep with a prostitute; just because you're not getting laid doesn't mean that all women hate you so much that you have a motive for killing them.

But the internet can really twist impressionable people; those twelve year old girls who murdered another young girl as a sacrifice to Slenderman is the prime example.  Despite said Slenderman being a deliberate invention in a "design a horror" competition on the internet and there being no encouragement from anyone to kill people for this fictional character.

As an Armenian whose country has suffered mass slaughter by muslims that's got to be a heavy motivation to carry out an attack in a muslim area; even if not explicitly stated as such.

This got me thinking; although it's allowed in the UK, in many places in the world prostitution is illegal, e.g. here in France. I actually had a quick Google, and it's pretty much banned in Canada too. So in this case, relieving his stresses with a prostitute was probably not an option for the van-driving nutcase.

Going slightly off-topic - men not getting any sex can drive them crazy with frustration, hence why it was a feature of the society described by Orwell in "1984".

2 minutes ago, the gardener said:

When I saw this term 'incel' and learnt that it meant involuntarily celibate I wondered why they made up a new word to describe a common phenomenon. In my neck of the woods we call this 'marriage'.

I would call that voluntary celibate :)

1 hour ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Just looked him up and he's quite good looking. I reckon he wasn't getting laid because he was crazy rather than the other way around - some men just give off really dangerous vibes.

1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

This got me thinking; although it's allowed in the UK, in many places in the world prostitution is illegal, e.g. here in France. I actually had a quick Google, and it's pretty much banned in Canada too. So in this case, relieving his stresses with a prostitute was probably not an option for the van-driving nutcase.

Going slightly off-topic - men not getting any sex can drive them crazy with frustration, hence why it was a feature of the society described by Orwell in "1984".

Judging by the steady stream of extremely attractive young women (often accompanied by their pimp) turning up late at night to the hotel I frequent in Lille it doesn't look like many folk are upholding that law.

4 hours ago, MrPin said:

Cripes. Grow some balls and actually talk to women. They don't live on the internet. 

Errm you don't know many 20  year old girls do you? They do live on the internet. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Whatsapp and Tinder. Majority of dating is done via Tinder and if you're not deemed "hawt" enough to pass the swipe right test then a life of inceldom most likely awaits.

3 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Yes but I didn't know that when I put a ring on it ☹

TBH the celibacy isn't as bad as the nagging and contempt. 😭

Fortunately in my biggest relationship it changed from cool girlfriend to just that, but before I had entered into the legal contract so I was able to escape reasonably unscathed.

Phew.

3 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

uAg6Ok6.jpg

She looks like something out of a manga cartoon.

Anyway I'm going to go full on tinfoil and say that vehicle attacks are going to be used to restrict individual access to motor vehicles and herald in the age of the self driving car. They're going to make driving the smoking of the 21st century.

2 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

the infamous Elliot Rodger was an incel. While certainly a bit eccentric looking he was not ugly, was wealthy and had status, and really good hair.

He was autistic so couldn't connect with women despite being wealthy and good looking.

I know this stuff.

2 hours ago, Stunley Andwin said:

I don't normally agree with censorship, but some of the MGTOW and incel sites seem to be terrible places, just as bad as the radical feminists.

I've known a few socially awkward (probably autistic) men in the past like 15 years or so back who were angry with women being shallow and not giving them a chance back then.

Add the internet and radical feminism to the mix and it's not gonna go well.