• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Carl Fimble

Minority Brits don’t have to be “grateful” for living in the UK

Oh my word.

I wondered what Frankie Boyle had said on twitter about Count Dankula....Nothing, though to be fair he doesn't seem to tweet much. I saw he had tweeted a link to this article though, and then read (a bit of) it....

https://www.the-pool.com/news-views/opinion/2018/15/Yomi-Adegoke-on-ethnic-minority-brits-and-being-grateful

I used to like Frankie Boyle too.

I find Frankie Boyle mostly amusing for the depths he manages to plumb but he is a virtue signaling SJW cnut and makes my fists itchy when he attempts to show us how right on he is.

1 hour ago, Gloommonger said:

I think most Brits are grateful for living here but are worried that the British culture is being diluted into something else.

i had to put up with two guys from the congo debating about the new adition to the royal family one said it was out dated and why were his tax dollars(honest dollars) paying for it,the other said its not our country and nothing to do with us,i entered into a debate and he went in full bore rant mode about how royality is outdated and not needed in a civilised country,my first question was how many countrys there were in africa and how many were civilised,the guy who said its nothing to do with us looked at his countryman and said thats an excellent question,things went pear shaped after that

2 hours ago, Gloommonger said:

I think most Brits are grateful for living here

I'm grateful for my education, the social environment (with particular regard to sexuality and tolerance), the language, and the opportunity to have lived somewhere that was, in my memory, almost always a disorganised, incompetently run, muddling-through but essentially thoroughly decent country that often succeeded in spite of itself and amateur politicians.

Patriotism is just not a Thing these days. It's "just a strip of land on which people live". This is what we're taught, no? There is no such thing as Nationalism. Not here. That only exists everywhere else in the world. We cannot and must not take pride in ourselves.

And I wonder to what extent this is because I am a cynical git with a clouded mind-set, how much of this is "me" (particularly with regard to getting older), and how much of it is reasonable.

From the article:

"Saying we must show “gratitude” for being here suggests we’re less British than our white peers, says Yomi Adegoke".

Tbh, anyone whose family has only been here for 50 years is less British than someone whose family has been here a thousand years.... Let's face it, their families left Africa to make a better life for themselves (despite having roots going back thousands of years). Realistically they won't show much loyallty to Britain if they have only been here 50 years....

Meanwhile over in South Africa, whites are getting pushed out because they are not proper Africans, despite being there for three hundred years. It's this continual anti white message that gets me.

I’m a migrant ( from RoI). I’m a net contributor in terms of taxes. I’m also a net contributor in indirect ways as I employ others, and I help my local community by coaching kids. I consider myself to be a guest in this country, and I behave accordingly. I respect my hosts, I observe their customs and traditions whether I agree or not. I don’t meddle in politics and I generally ‘keep my head down’. This is how I would expect a guest in my house to behave.

The sense of entitlement from other migrants does surprise me and I do believe that it contributes to the debate that is taking place out of the MSM in homes and pubs across the country. And yes, I fear for my kids’ future here.

8 hours ago, DTMark said:

I'm grateful for my education, the social environment (with particular regard to sexuality and tolerance), the language, and the opportunity to have lived somewhere that was, in my memory, almost always a disorganised, incompetently run, muddling-through but essentially thoroughly decent country that often succeeded in spite of itself and amateur politicians.

Patriotism is just not a Thing these days. It's "just a strip of land on which people live". This is what we're taught, no? There is no such thing as Nationalism. Not here. That only exists everywhere else in the world. We cannot and must not take pride in ourselves.

And I wonder to what extent this is because I am a cynical git with a clouded mind-set, how much of this is "me" (particularly with regard to getting older), and how much of it is reasonable.

Yes, nationalism is a dirty word and I'm not even sure if it should be. Can I be a nationalist without having far right beliefs?

Just now, Gloommonger said:

Yes, nationalism is a dirty word and I'm not even sure if it should be. Can I be a nationalist without having far right beliefs?

Yes. Being a nationalist does not necessarily have anything to do with any particular position in the political compass.

But Newspeak has struck here. The first definition has been struck out. The second one now applies regardless of context and the third one might be a Far Right Fascist thing depending on which country wants independence, there is little to no consistency in the application of the rules.

nationalism
ˈnaʃ(ə)n(ə)lɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: nationalism
  1. patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
    "an early consciousness of nationalism and pride"
    synonyms: patriotism, patriotic sentiment, allegiance/loyalty to one's country, loyalism, nationality; More
    xenophobia, chauvinism, jingoism, flag-waving, isolationism;
    ethnocentrism, ethnocentricity
    "the resurgence of nationalism in Europe and in other parts of the world"
    • an extreme form of patriotism marked by a feeling of superiority over other countries.
      plural noun: nationalisms
      "playing with right-wing nationalism"
    • advocacy of political independence for a particular country.
      "Scottish nationalism"

4 hours ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I’m a migrant ( from RoI). I’m a net contributor in terms of taxes. I’m also a net contributor in indirect ways as I employ others, and I help my local community by coaching kids. I consider myself to be a guest in this country, and I behave accordingly. I respect my hosts, I observe their customs and traditions whether I agree or not. I don’t meddle in politics and I generally ‘keep my head down’. This is how I would expect a guest in my house to behave.

The sense of entitlement from other migrants does surprise me and I do believe that it contributes to the debate that is taking place out of the MSM in homes and pubs across the country. And yes, I fear for my kids’ future here.

the sense of entitlment crosses all creeds and religions in the country at the moment,very few people have the mental courage to admit they fooked up and seek to blame society or other outside influences,ive a friend thats a gambeling addict ive tried to help him but its the bookies fault or the banks but never his fault.its endemic in society sadly.

I've even caught what I think were relatively recent arrivals saying to passers by and not quite under their breath - this is our country now.

It seems to tie in with the British government's attitude

Edited by twocents