• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

LC1

Qanon: high level intel, AI or LARP?!

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I know very little about him but I was impressed with that speech. Thought that he sounded very presidential and also clued into what was going on with China - can't imagine any British or European politician being aware of the problems, let alone saying something about them so forcefully. Made me wonder what more he knows, but which he can't tell us, about the big US tech names involvement with China.

I have seen the joke a few times online that if you don't like Trump you get Pence - whatever that means. I suppose that is good or bad dependent on whether you are politically left or right.

I understood it to mean that his views were further right than those of God Emperor Trump so if Trump was forced to step aside by any of the shnanigans the Democrats keep cooking up then it would be a hollow victory as they would then have Trump+ as President.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I understood it to mean that his views were further right than those of God Emperor Trump so if Trump was forced to step aside by any of the shnanigans the Democrats keep cooking up then it would be a hollow victory as they would then have Trump+ as President.

Yep, I think that is probably it.

Increasingly Trump / Pence are giving the impression that they do not really care whether China does some trade deal as it probably would be beneficial to the US, and to their view of the US, to simply cut China off. Pence giving the impression that he is very much one of the hawks when it comes to China and its perceived threat to the US.

6 minutes ago, LC1 said:

I don't really follow the news but I did think that.limo crash sounded dodgy when I heard about it the other day. Apparently some of the dead had links to a tech company that supplies the military with chips. Knew too much?

https://voat.co/v/GreatAwakening/2780219

Aren't we all linked in some way to someone or something?

That's the problem with some of the conspiracy lot who frequent stuff like Q - everything that happens is sinister, espionage and a conspiracy.

Accidents just happen sadly.

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That's the problem with some of the conspiracy lot who frequent stuff like Q - everything that happens is sinister, espionage and a conspiracy.

You're right, of course. Possibly just a random accident. 

But... *adjusts tinfoil hat* ...certain things do get the spidey senses tingling. Like I say, I didn't really follow the reporting on this. But I did read that the owner of the limo company is a former Pakistani national who was allegedly an FBI informant. With all this Q stuff about the Chinese chips, all chip suppliers to the military must be suspect, to some extent (I'm assuming this company didn't manufacture in US, most likely China?!). But of course we don't know what these brothers did - were they production line grunts or nerdy geniuses (genii?!)? That would be critical to know. The fact that all 20 occupants died at the scene is surely suspicious. Not one with critical but non-lethal injuries? I'm no expert, but that sounds unlikely to me :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Just imagine what would be linked if "3-hop spying" was allowed?

I haven't been following the markets much of late and I was travelling earlier this week, so the drop in the DJIA over the past few days came as something of a surprise to me when I read about it last night. And then this morning I saw this related post on ZH:

"It's Not Such A Crazy Idea": The Hunt For Another Red October

Which immediately called to mind the long history of Q posts about Red October, including one stating that the words, "the hunt for" was dropped deliberately from Q posts about it. I can't find it now but I'm pretty certain another recent one showed a picture of a submarine, a reference to Red October, and the words, "Double meanings exist."

I doubt there's anything in it, but I thought it was interesting. Given that Trump has staked so much of his own credibility on the ever rising stock market, I can't imagine that a bloodbath in the markets would be a deliberate strategy, but I have long thought that the easiest way for the establishment to take Trump down would be to stage a market crash.

1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

I haven't been following the markets much of late and I was travelling earlier this week, so the drop in the DJIA over the past few days came as something of a surprise to me when I read about it last night. And then this morning I saw this related post on ZH:

"It's Not Such A Crazy Idea": The Hunt For Another Red October

Which immediately called to mind the long history of Q posts about Red October, including one stating that the words, "the hunt for" was dropped deliberately from Q posts about it. I can't find it now but I'm pretty certain another recent one showed a picture of a submarine, a reference to Red October, and the words, "Double meanings exist."

I doubt there's anything in it, but I thought it was interesting. Given that Trump has staked so much of his own credibility on the ever rising stock market, I can't imagine that a bloodbath in the markets would be a deliberate strategy, but I have long thought that the easiest way for the establishment to take Trump down would be to stage a market crash.

On similar lines I’m convinced we will have a crash post brexit. Look, see what you have done?  

So, a crash both sides of the pond and they can blame the little people for their democratic choices. 

11 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I haven't been following the markets much of late...

The extent of my ignorance on the topic of investing scares me, but funnily enough I was considering putting some of my fairly meagre savings into physical silver a few days ago. I hadn't made that connection with Red October, but you could be on to something...

(The last time I considered buying silver turned out to be not far off the last big top, so glad my cautious nature stopped me from getting caught in the hype. But now it seems not such a bad idea...)

1 hour ago, LC1 said:

The extent of my ignorance on the topic of investing scares me, but funnily enough I was considering putting some of my fairly meagre savings into physical silver a few days ago. I hadn't made that connection with Red October, but you could be on to something...

(The last time I considered buying silver turned out to be not far off the last big top, so glad my cautious nature stopped me from getting caught in the hype. But now it seems not such a bad idea...)

After thinking through possible Mad Max scenarios happening, it occurred to me that a Krugerrand is a huge store of value once tshtf. fwir, during the Wiemar inflation, a block of property in Berlin changed hands for one ounce of gold. What do you use to buy a chicken? Take your Krugerrand to the chicken farmer and wtf does he give you as change? Or maybe you have to exchange the value of a block of property for just a chicken or two?

Physical silver will allow lower level trading. If 1oz gold = property, (not saying it will be but it has happened,) then 1oz of silver = ??? A car or a horse maybe?

Imo junk silver will come into it's own if fiat currency gets wiped. Coins from sixpences up to half crowns will be good for barter. Junk silver tends to go for close to the spot price of the silver content. Uneconomic when accounting for refining costs but the market doesn't seem to care much about that. If it's got a kilo of silver in it, having it as 2Kg of old coins is fine, it's still a kilo of silver. Added bonus is that youngsters love playing with those old coins.

19 hours ago, LC1 said:

You're right, of course. Possibly just a random accident. 

But... *adjusts tinfoil hat* ...certain things do get the spidey senses tingling. Like I say, I didn't really follow the reporting on this. But I did read that the owner of the limo company is a former Pakistani national who was allegedly an FBI informant. With all this Q stuff about the Chinese chips, all chip suppliers to the military must be suspect, to some extent (I'm assuming this company didn't manufacture in US, most likely China?!). But of course we don't know what these brothers did - were they production line grunts or nerdy geniuses (genii?!)? That would be critical to know. The fact that all 20 occupants died at the scene is surely suspicious. Not one with critical but non-lethal injuries? I'm no expert, but that sounds unlikely to me :ph34r:

Think you're on to something. Of course if limo was hit by a massive truck or something then 20 dead seems just about possible but otherwise very odd news. 

Maybe it was a mechanical issue where half a dozen M-16s unloaded their magazines into the vehicle. 

1 hour ago, Funn3r said:

Think you're on to something. Of course if limo was hit by a massive truck or something then 20 dead seems just about possible but otherwise very odd news. 

Maybe it was a mechanical issue where half a dozen M-16s unloaded their magazines into the vehicle. 

I think the story is that the limo was a last minute replacement for the planned minibus which had broken down, was in shite condition, and went through a stop sign and hit a parked car.  Killed two pedestrians.  So sounds like cockup rather than conspiracy - especially the hitting other people bit; very hard to silence witnesses from outside the group.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/nation/2018/10/07/wedding-limo-crash-20-dead-upstate-new-york-tragedy/1558344002/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/10/10/ny-limo-crash-son-prestige-limo-owner-taken-into-custody/1589835002/

Edited by wherebee

On 11/10/2018 at 10:21, Panther said:

Just a thought, what does Mike Pence do all day...

Was an article about Trump interviewing potential VPs. Assuming it to be true, he was telling candidates what would be expected of them and it was doing all the day to day off camera stuff that is normally handled by the POTUS. One asked Trump what he'd be doing if the VP was doing all that. Trumps reply was classic:

I'll be making America great again.

MPs with Russian links to be named

A Group of British politicians are about to be outed for their ties to Russia, according to a Tory MP. Bob Seely said the list - which could include peers in the House of Lords - is due to be made public in the next couple of weeks. Mr Seely, who is a Russia security expert, declined to name the politicians. He said that while they were not on a Soviet-style spy list, they were suspected of overstepping the mark with their ties to Putin's state. There is going to be further action taken by 'government agencies' in the coming weeks, he said. Speaking to BBC Radio 4, Mr Seely said: 'There are some parliamentarians who are, apparently from what I hear, going to be mentioned in a letter which is going to be made public in the next couple of weeks. 'I am pretty sure I know who the parliamentarians are but I've been told in confidence so I can't say now. 'But that will probably generate some interest at the same time and I think there is going to be further action by government agencies on this front in the next couple of months.' Mr Seely added: 'They are people who probably stepped over a mark, and maybe have worked for Russian oligarchs in the past. 'You are assuming it's very black and white - and I think nowadays there are shades of grey that do get manipulated.'

41 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

MPs with Russian links to be named

A Group of British politicians are about to be outed for their ties to Russia, according to a Tory MP. Bob Seely said the list - which could include peers in the House of Lords - is due to be made public in the next couple of weeks. Mr Seely, who is a Russia security expert, declined to name the politicians. He said that while they were not on a Soviet-style spy list, they were suspected of overstepping the mark with their ties to Putin's state. There is going to be further action taken by 'government agencies' in the coming weeks, he said. Speaking to BBC Radio 4, Mr Seely said: 'There are some parliamentarians who are, apparently from what I hear, going to be mentioned in a letter which is going to be made public in the next couple of weeks. 'I am pretty sure I know who the parliamentarians are but I've been told in confidence so I can't say now. 'But that will probably generate some interest at the same time and I think there is going to be further action by government agencies on this front in the next couple of months.' Mr Seely added: 'They are people who probably stepped over a mark, and maybe have worked for Russian oligarchs in the past. 'You are assuming it's very black and white - and I think nowadays there are shades of grey that do get manipulated.'

It's always Russia!

Never China....

China looking to buy stake in UK nuclear plants

I wonder in anyone has done any research into Chinese interference in our affairs?

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Still waiting for this FISA stuff. Just saying.

Interesting article here....

Trump, Declassification, and Leverage

There's a reason why President Trump has not unilaterally declassified the documents exposing perfidy against him: leverage.  As the whole Russia hoax is beginning to come into some sort of global perspective – quite literally, as we'll see – the extent of the advantage he now maintains by holding back declassification as a threat outweighs the benefits of transparency.  Recent posts by observers who write from widely varying perspectives give us the ability to discern the current state of play.

Let's start with the domestic front of the Russia hoax.  Sundance at Conservative Tree House has an excellent post up: "President Trump and DAG Rod Rosenstein – "No Collusion", No Immediate Worries..."  The overall theme is one that's dear to Sundance's heart: leverage.  The state of play is this: the congressional investigation has progressed to the point that it's clear beyond cavil that the entire Russia narrative is, in fact, a hoax and fraud – both on the American people in general and on our legal system.  This is to say real criminal liability exists for the key players who developed the plot against Trump.  John Solomon summarizes what Congress has discovered in succinct fashion:

There is now a concrete storyline backed by irrefutable evidence: The FBI allowed itself to take political opposition research created by one party to defeat another in an election, treated it like actionable intelligence, presented it to the court as substantiated, and then used it to justify spying on an adviser for the campaign of that party's duly chosen nominee for president in the final days of a presidential election.

And when, nine months later, the FBI could not prove the allegation of collusion between Trump and Russia, unverified evidence was leaked to the media to try to sustain public support for a continued investigation.

But Sundance spells out very specifically where the greatest risk – and therefore the greatest leverage – lies:

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein created the special counsel under fraudulent pretense.  That origination material (Ohr 302's, FISA pages, origination EC, and Page/Strzok messages) is now a risk to the Deputy AG.

There are many other players, in addition to Rosenstein, who are at serious risk.  But from the perspective of leverage, Rosenstein is the key because he created the special counsel part of the hoax and because – as a result of A.G. Sessions's recusal – he remains in charge of the special counsel operation.  Rosenstein can exercise as much or as little control over Mueller as he wants.  Trump's threat of declassification of the "origination material" gives Trump complete leverage over Rosenstein and therefore over Mueller.

Trump's leverage ensures that Rosenstein will very much want to restrain Mueller.  If Rosenstein wants to restrain Mueller, Mueller will be restrained.  This may explain why we are now seeing key members of Mueller's team leaving and returning to their old jobs.  The importance of this is that Mueller has posed the greatest threat to the Trump administration, the greatest annoyance.  That threat is now defanged for the immediate future.  If Mueller steps out of line, boom!  Declassification.  By putting declassification on hold, Trump maintains his leverage.  And Congress continues to investigate and slowly reveal the truth.

The benefits of this leverage via threat-of-declassification extend well beyond the Russia hoax to other practical political matters.  I believe we saw that at play in the Kavanaugh nomination battle.  Rod Rosenstein, as DAG, directly supervises the FBI director, Christopher Wray.  To say the FBI acted with alacrity and efficiency in exposing the machinations behind the accusations leveled at Kavanaugh would be an understatement.  But consider: Sundance himself was distinctly alarmist during the Kavanaugh hearings, alleging a plot of Deep State FBI-DOJ insiders to torpedo the nomination.  As we've seen, however, exactly the opposite occurred.  The FBI leaped to Kavanaugh's defense, and I attribute that to Trump's leverage over the DOJ-FBI through Rosenstein.

How will this play out for the midterm elections?  Will Trump at some point declassify that crucial "origination material"?  While Trump stressed that his hold on declassification doesn't change his commitment for transparency sooner rather than later, I believe that the Kavanaugh nomination has given Trump and his newly committed GOP allies the issue they need for the midterms.  Polling has repeatedly shown that Supreme Court nominations are a hot-button issue for Republican voters, and it has the advantage of being readily comprehensible.  Trump used his leverage to get his nominee confirmed while energizing "normals" for the midterms.  After the election, declassification could play a significant role in the run-up to the 2020 presidential election.

Let's turn to that global perspective now.

Justin Raimondo at Anti-War.com has a blog post up that complements Sundance's "leverage" perspective quite nicely: "The Final Truth of Russia-gate: As the hoax unravels, the real story of 'foreign collusion' comes out."  Raimondo focuses on the role of foreign "allies" in the plot against Trump.  As on the domestic front, there were multiple players: Australia, Ukraine, Estonia, Israel.  The key player was undoubtedly the U.K.  Without massive intelligence involvement by the U.K., the entire Russia hoax would likely never have gotten off the ground.  Here, Raimondo encapsulates that involvement sufficiently for our purposes (much more could be said):

This entire episode has Her Majesty's Secret Service's fingerprints all over it.  Steele's key role is plain enough: here was a British spook who was not only hired by the Clinton campaign to dig up dirt on Trump but was unusually passionate about his work – almost as if he'd have done it for free.  And then there was the earliest approach to the Trump campaign, made by Cambridge professor and longtime spook Stefan Halper to Carter Page.  And then there's the mysterious alleged "link" to Russian intelligence, Professor Joseph Mifsud, whose murky British-based thinktank managed to operate openly despite later claims it was a Russian covert operation.

It was Mifsud who orchestrated the Russia-gate hoax, first suggesting that the Russians had Hillary Clinton's emails, and then disappearing into thin air as soon as the story he had planted percolated into plain view.  Some "Russian agent"!

Leverage, anyone?  Declassification would expose all these foreign players, but the heaviest hit by far would be against the U.K. and its Australian poodle.  And so we learn that "key allies" "begged" Trump not to declassify that "origination material."  Raimondo notes:

Trump's decision to walk back his announcement that the key Russia-gate intelligence would be declassified tells us almost as much as if he'd tweeted it out, unredacted.  For what it tells us is that public knowledge of the contents would constitute a major break in relations with at least one key ally.

Yes, Trump smoked them out and got them begging for mercy, as reported by the major media in all too transparent detail.  Trump ends up with all the leverage he needs over "Her Majesty's Government" for as long as that leverage is useful.

Well played, Mr. President!

13 minutes ago, JackieO said:

It's always Russia!

Never China....

China looking to buy stake in UK nuclear plants

I wonder in anyone has done any research into Chinese interference in our affairs?

Saudi, Qatar and China huge investors in UK uni's but no one sees that as a threat. 

Probably a pittance in real terms for them but to each uni it is serious cash and serious influence.

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Saudi, Qatar and China huge investors in UK uni's but no one sees that as a threat. 

Probably a pittance in real terms for them but to each uni it is serious cash and serious influence.

The same players that now have been exposed as having major subversive influence in the USA...

Thank God for Trump! At least with him we have some hope!

Edited by JackieO

Just now, JackieO said:

The same players that now have been exposed as having major subversive influence in the USA...

Thank God for Trump! At least with him we have some hope!

The US has some hope. That article you posted above would suggest that UK govt / establishment is desperate to hide its meddling and its connections with dubious people connected with adversaries.

From the sound of it the fake dossier stuff, if revealed, would damage the Tories as much as UK intell / establishment.

Might some of the brainwashed Brits ask themselves if Russia is so evil - Salisbury - then why are so many parts of UK intelligence at highest levels seemingly working with Russians to create the fake dossier? Would love to see some BBC stooges explain that.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The US has some hope. That article you posted above would suggest that UK govt / establishment is desperate to hide its meddling and its connections with dubious people connected with adversaries.

From the sound of it the fake dossier stuff, if revealed, would damage the Tories as much as UK intell / establishment.

Might some of the brainwashed Brits ask themselves if Russia is so evil - Salisbury - then why are so many parts of UK intelligence at highest levels seemingly working with Russians to create the fake dossier? Would love to see some BBC stooges explain that.

I'm hoping Trump uses the leverage to drag Treason May kicking and screaming over the Brexit line!