• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
WorkingPoor

Balconing season

Posted (edited)

It seems the annual Balconing season has started with this 7th floor! attempt........

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-teen-who-died-magaluf-12439066

A Scottish teenager who plunged seven floors to her death in a horror accident in Magaluf has been named.

Natalie Cormack, 19, from West Kilbride, North Ayrshire, lost her grip while trying to climb on to the balcony of her apartment from another flat.

She had returned home from her job working in a bar in the Spanish resort but had lost her keys and went to a friend’s flat to try to climb over when tragedy struck.

An ambulance crew called to the scene were unable to save her life.

A Civil Guard officer at the Spanish island’s regional headquarters in Palma said: “We are still investigating. But it seems she did not have any keys when she arrived at her apartment and went to a friend’s flat.

“She was climbing to her own balcony when she fell from the seventh floor.

“We understand that she comes from Scotland and was working in a nearby bar, but we don’t have any more details yet.”

----

Anyone found themselves "gripped" by this phenomena when down the costas? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

I went on a lads holiday in the late 1990s (Ibiza) and one of my friends made a party trick by scaling the four-five tiers from our basement room... sometimes onto the roof grinning like a gormless moron. None of us were impressed and it filled me with horror.

Posted (edited)

I used to go out of my way and create suitcase barriers in front of balcony doors if i was up more than the ground floor. Paranoid that in a drunken stupor id think I was going to the toilet and end up over the top.

Edited by NewryH

40 minutes ago, NewryH said:

I used to go out of my way and create suitcase barriers in front of balcony doors if i was up more than the ground floor. Paranoid that in a drunken stupor id think I was going to the toilet and end up over the top.

We do the same for the kids... If we're on anything 3rd or higher the chair or table gets put in front of the balcony door. Last thing you want is them getting confused when they want a pee.

I think its sad.

Just dumb kids doing dumb stuff.

Sort of crap i did at 20. But i never slipped. Only a few cm seperate my 20yo self from these poor fuckers who fell.

2 hours ago, NewryH said:

Its not so much a drunken stupir, its a failure to realise you are not at home.

If woken up in strange places and walked into walls thinking i was somewhere else.

Posted (edited)

Its all pissed up bravado 

here are some 50 examples in the last 4 years:

https://www.aol.co.uk/travel/tag/balcony-falls/

In most cases the insurance does not pay out and there are pleas for gofundme donations.

I was trying to find the story about the stag do fella who grabbed what he thought was a cement gargoyle but it turned out to be decorative polystyrene! 

Edited by WorkingPoor

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

I think its sad.

Just dumb kids doing dumb stuff.

Sort of crap i did at 20. But i never slipped. Only a few cm seperate my 20yo self from these poor fuckers who fell.

Its not so much a drunken stupir, its a failure to realise you are not at home.

If woken up in strange places and walked into walls thinking i was somewhere else.

Word. In 1997 I spent the summer in Spain, long story but we picked up with some other young lads who had a villa. Went out on the piss, got horrifically drunk then went back to theirs and took to jumping off their 3rd storey balcony into the pool. I'm cringing just sat here thinking about the stupidity of it. There but for the grace of God...

I remember once being sat in a pool watching some guys jump from one balcony to the next to avoid walking round. It was dangerous and one of them came a lot closer to falling than I'm sure he'd like to remember. If it wasn't for two of his mates grabbing him he'd be dead. It didn't stop them from doing it though. 

33 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

Fortunately I've never ended up on the balcony in a drunken stupor, but I have ended up stark bollock naked in hotel hallways 3 times looking for the toilet!! So I now put cases in front of main door.

I did that once but wrapped in a towel at least. Had to go down to reception to get a key.

Posted (edited)

Here is another odd one from Benidorm last year, the black guy in the group was the only one of the 5 arrested and questioned, it is believed the groups had met earlier in the day.

The group say she went crazy in the bathroom then made a run for the balcony.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/balcony-plunge-victim-kirsty-maxwells-12443024

Balcony plunge victim Kirsty Maxwell's family in 'race against time' as case 'one step away' from being closed

Five men are still under investigation over her death, after she fell to her death from a Benidorm apartment.

--

She went off the ninth floor here:

image.jpg

Edited by WorkingPoor

Posted (edited)

Mirror sez:

"Three kids dying here this year is just unbelievable. We're furious. There are kids going out tonight and nothing is being done."

Don't let your teenage kid go to places like Magaluf. Just how many more hints about the place being a dodgy shithole do you need?

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Posted (edited)

Some div uk burd lept off a turkish balcony last week too

things hotting up pretty nicely now we are getting into peak nuggetry season 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Mirror sez:

"Three kids dying here this year is just unbelievable. We're furious. There are kids going out tonight and nothing is being done."

Don't let your teenage kid go to places like Magaluf. Just how many more hints about the place being a dodgy shithole do you need?

I would hazard a guess that the balcony guard is about 1m too low.

Contuing a a common meme thats been around since the first Carry On film went to spain and did 90m where the comedy centred around the apartment complex had not been finished and was a off a shoddy constructions.

Stack em high, sell em cheap, make em cheaper.

Edited by spygirl

19 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I would hazard a guess that the balcony guard is about 1m too low.

Contuing a a common meme thats been around since the first Carry On film went to spain and did 90m where the comedy centred around the apartment complex had not been finished and was a off a shoddy constructions.

Stack em high, sell em cheap, make em cheaper.

So it's a shithole with lax construction laws.

Even more of a reason not to want my kid ending up there. The problem with places that cater for teenage pissheads is that is that if anything goes wrong and you've got booze in you when it does, you're just treated like another tedious case of 'pissed and fell over' and the book is closed. 

A few mates suggested going to Magaluf when I was around 17 I think. Took one look and told them to poke it. I wasn't getting on a plane to go to the Spanish equivalent of Blackpool, fuck that noise. Four guys did end up going and when they came back, three of them thought the place was absolutely hideous. The fourth came back a few days later with a less charitable opinion as he'd been cornered one night by some randoms who'd proceeded to kick his fucking head in and leave him bleeding in a doorway. His stay had been extended due to hospitalisation.

Not somewhere I'd want my kids, frankly.

Posted (edited)

He is thought to have become separated from his friends during a night out and got lost as he made his way home at about 4am.

The group were staying at Hotel Florida, which is next door to the Eden Roc apartments.

-------

Ok easy to work this one out, eden roc is a private apartment complex where workers live

It is not on sale as a holiday hotel.

3 dead

1 girl worker who lost her keys and tried to walk along edge of walkway to get to her balcony.

2 & 3 pissed up twats who followed bar girls home after work thinking they were going to get laid.

Edited by WorkingPoor

Missus and me went to Canaries in our late 20's and stayed in a pretty rough 2-3 star hotel. We were sat on the balcony one early evening and heard a loud thump, followed by the oddest whimpering sound I've ever heard. A minute later, a young lad ran across the hotel courtyard, returning with concerned hotel management. It seems a young man had fallen backwards off a 5 storey balcony onto the ground below. 

About 30mins later the "medical team" arrived and to my shock, strapped him to a metal stretcher and were wheeling him at full speed along a cobbled path - his head and neck bouncing from side to side as they went. Seems he lived, without any serious injury.