• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

RIP little Fella

Tbh, I think the NHS spends too much on badly disabled kids as it is. I can't help thinking government money should be spent to make society better/ happier. I'm not convinced that spending 6 figure sums on kids that have no hope of getting "better" is doing that. Perhaps that 6 figure sum would be better spent on new parks or even keeping the streets clean?

Seemingly the ancient Spartans left new born kids outside to see if they were strong enough to survive. 

Just now, Great Guy said:

Tbh, I think the NHS spends too much on badly disabled kids as it is. I can't help thinking government money should be spent to make society better/ happier. I'm not convinced that spending 6 figure sums on kids that have no hope of getting "better" is doing that. Perhaps that 6 figure sum would be better spent on new parks or even keeping the streets clean?

Seemingly the ancient Spartans left new born kids outside to see if they were strong enough to survive. 

Really poorly kids are, thankfully, few and far between.

Now bed blocking and never gettjng better OAPs... thats where tge huge money is wasted.

2 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Poor little fella has passed.

There was only going to me one outcome.

The only uncertainity was When?

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

We should do the same with the adult population... how many would perish if there wasn't an ASDA or MaccyD's nearby? Would solve the population crisis.

30 minutes ago, Cosmic Apple said:

We should do the same with the adult population... how many would perish if there wasn't an ASDA or MaccyD's nearby? Would solve the population crisis.

I nearly put “watching Bear Gryll’s The Island” on the weird things you do thread.  Such a frustrating show. Just when you have developed a sufficient level of disgust for the contestants and it looks like they’re about to succumb to their own torpidity, the producers fucking rescue them.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

32 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I nearly put “watching Bear Gryll’s The Island” on the weird things you do thread.  Such a frustrating show. Just when you have developed a sufficient level of disgust for the contestants and it looks like they’re about to succumb to their own torpidity, the producers fucking rescue them.

Yep, haven't seen the recent one but on others they have clearly chosen the participants deliberately to be the most annoying people possible and make the "best" TV, so you start wanting bad things to happen to them. Or maybe I'm just nasty, I don't know.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Really poorly kids are, thankfully, few and far between.

Now bed blocking and never gettjng better OAPs... thats where tge huge money is wasted.

Tbh, if someone has been a productive member of society they should get healthcare when older (within extent). However I think we all agree that severely disabled are kept alive too long. 

I feel sorry for the siblings of disabled kids. You see families with a disabled kid in the town centre. The disabled kid is in a wheelchair and is obvioulsy brain damaged etc. Then you see the "normal" siblings tagging along. It must be crap having parents that are forced to put the needs of a disabled kid ahead of your own needs. 

32 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, if someone has been a productive member of society they should get healthcare when older (within extent). However I think we all agree that severely disabled are kept alive too long. 

I feel sorry for the siblings of disabled kids. You see families with a disabled kid in the town centre. The disabled kid is in a wheelchair and is obvioulsy brain damaged etc. Then you see the "normal" siblings tagging along. It must be crap having parents that are forced to put the needs of a disabled kid ahead of your own needs. 

Ive no problem with easing severly disabled kids out of life.

Its cruel fir both kud and family. Job creation for medical staff mibd.

But the number of oaps who are knackered, demeted, to kids is about 1000.1.

As far as contributing goes, even if you were high rare tax payer for 50 years, youll run thru that tax in 1 year in an intensive hospital.

Its pointless. No oap has gone into hospital and come out younger or cured of dementia.

Im also wary on the cost benefits of major procedures on the 80+ as the process fucks them out. At best, the loss of mudcle being bed bound for a few weeks is a major problem.

On a side topic, theres rumblings that a lot of medicine given to oaps is a factor cause of dementia.

This is not Drs discovering that. Its computers cranking the stats and finding patterns.

38 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Im not talking club feet or a bit of spaz or, shudder, gingers,. Im talking whooping or silent cabbages being wheeled around in a massive wheelchair.

Ive heard a few parents if simikar kids say, unprompted, tgat if they could have had chouce and knowing what they know, theyd gave had the kid euthanised as a baby.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

100% of my sympathy lies with the poor kid.

The parents are scum, IMO.

I don't know if they are or not. Hard to judge anyones behaviour under such trying circumstances.

But the kid was given the opportunity to go to the Popes hospital at no expense, and this country put police on the door to stop his transit.

Remember that other case where the family were wanted all across Europe for breaking their boy out? He's alive and well now i believe.

I'm sure that if he was the son of the curiously, well connected McCanns, none of this would have been a problem.

19 minutes ago, shindigger said:

I don't know if they are or not. Hard to judge anyones behaviour under such trying circumstances.

But the kid was given the opportunity to go to the Popes hospital at no expense, and this country put police on the door to stop his transit.

Remember that other case where the family were wanted all across Europe for breaking their boy out? He's alive and well now i believe.

I'm sure that if he was the son of the curiously, well connected McCanns, none of this would have been a problem.

The Italian hospital admitted in a uk court that they would not be able to find a cure and proposed keeping Alfie alive for about 2 weeks whilst doctors investigated his condition.   

They were stopped by the courts and rightly so, but it would have actually been good to have seen the angry dad and the aggressive supporters faces when they realised the 2 weeks in italy was not what they thought.

Some people dont deserve to be protected form themselves.  

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

The Italian hospital addmitted in a uk court that they would not be able to find a cure and proposed keeping Alifie alive for about 2 weeks whilst doctors investigated his condition.

They were stopped by the courts and rightly so, but it would have actually been good to have seen the angry dadand the aggressive supporters faces when they realised the 2 weeks in italy was not what they thought.

But their kids do, which is why weve had this idiot circus.

I do feel very sorry for all those concerned but like with the Charlie Gard case I think the parents would have been better off listening and following the doctors advice and spending their time with their child rather than in court. 

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

But their kids do, which is why weve had this idiot circus.

Yes but what gets me is the ill informed reactionary types who automatically rage: "Corts n Ossspital" did it. 

5 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

The Italian hospital admitted in a uk court that they would not be able to find a cure and proposed keeping Alfie alive for about 2 weeks whilst doctors investigated his condition.   

They were stopped by the courts and rightly so, but it would have actually been good to have seen the angry dad and the aggressive supporters faces when they realised the 2 weeks in italy was not what they thought.

Lets see what happens next time.

28 minutes ago, shindigger said:

While I wouldn't wish what's happened upon them, their behaviour has been so egregious that I really struggle to like or relate to them as people.

There would have been other parents of desperately sick children who would have had to cross the moron picket line, day after day. Doctors and nurses accused of attempting to kill a child they had been looking after....these people almost ground that hospital to a halt and, as terrible as it is to say, their child wasn't the only one suffering in there. Nor were they the only parents, big difference was they couldn't have given a shit about anybody else and called down a volatile army of imbeciles to make the impossible happen.

If they had any class whatsoever, they'd donate the money raised to Alder Hey hospital to help other ill children. I won't be holding my breath though.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

16 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

They could gave fliwn over.

Much easier than medivacing the kid.

Its not like alder hay is some 3rd wotld shithole clinic is it? I doubt tge italisn hospitsl could hold a candle to it.