• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Just leave me alone. You are all sexist and racist

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5669109/Diane-Abbott-says-gets-online-abuse-black-woman.html

Diane Abbottopotamus has said that the reason she gets so much abuse online is because she is both black and a woman. 

The Labour politician said she receives so many abusive messages that her staff cannot handle them every day and have to send a bundle to the police once a week. 

Er, no.  It’s because you are thick and obnoxious and in a position of both privilege and power. 

Not to mention wanting to abolish private schools having sent her son to one.

Just now, wherebee said:

So when I called Cameron a cunt, was that because I didn't like his whiteness and maleness?

IMO the answer is no.

I feel similar about Cameron, Osborne, Clegg etc etc

Diane Abbot is a similar waste of space in the political scene. Nothing to do with her ethnicity or gender!

She's a textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. 

It's really not her fault. From Wikipedia:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability have illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitiveinability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

IMO the answer is no.

I feel similar about Cameron, Osborne, Clegg etc etc

Diane Abbot is a similar waste of space in the political scene. Nothing to do with her ethnicity or gender!

Tbh, they are ALL a waste of space. Quislings who should be swinging from the end of a rope. 

I would put may and Rudd at the front of the queue, so no it’s not racist. Might be anti parliament though m

2 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability have illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitiveinability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.

I come across people like this all the time. 

4 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

is that most people who work for the council?

32 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5669109/Diane-Abbott-says-gets-online-abuse-black-woman.html

Diane Abbottopotamus has said that the reason she gets so much abuse online is because she is both black and a woman. 

The Labour politician said she receives so many abusive messages that her staff cannot handle them every day and have to send a bundle to the police once a week. 

Er, no.  It’s because you are thick and obnoxious and in a position of both privilege and power. 

Plus she gives black women a bad rap by being such a piss poor example of one. 

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I do sometimes think the grief about alkotments comes from it being a male environment traditionally. and then I remember the people in charge at the council are mostly idiots.

Idiocy is not an exclusively male tendency.

1 hour ago, whitevanman said:

Is the effect summed as self divided by ability, leading in her case to an infinite illusory superiority?.

10 hours ago, One percent said:

The only place she get some stick from is here, where you seem to hate older black ladies.

10 minutes ago, MrPin said:

The only place she get some stick from is here, where you seem to hate older black ladies.

Just her.

I don't see anyone saying anything negative about Tina Turner, Floella Benjamin, Shirley Bassey, Sheila Ferguson, Oprah Winfrey etc. etc. because whilst they are all older black ladies they are not half-witted loudmouths with a history of supporting the IRA.

11 hours ago, One percent said:

I'm sure the police are overjoyed to be spending their time sifting through shitty tweets directed at incompetent politicians.

I really can't think of anything better that they could be doing.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just her.

I don't see anyone saying anything negative about Tina Turner, Floella Benjamin, Shirley Bassey, Sheila Ferguson, Oprah Winfrey etc. etc. because whilst they are all older black ladies they are not half-witted loudmouths with a history of supporting the IRA.

Can we add Nichelle Nichols to the list of older black ladies who we love? Because they aren't insufferable pricks?

Edited by Melchett

1 hour ago, Melchett said:

Can we add Nichelle Nichols to the list of older black ladies who we love? Because they aren't insufferable pricks?

You're welcome to; though I don't know her.

7 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

and Ertha Kitt, please

Absolutely.  Total one off who made a great act out of a character that was either her or a great invention that she played brilliantly.  She outgrew the early "sex kitten" image and was still a big draw in old age.  She was a real character in the best sense of the word.

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just her.

Oprah is a cunt. Aside from that I agree with your sentiments.