• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  

Meet Barry Homeowner

6 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Vic Reeves really shouldn't be funny.

The scripts are rubbish and his delivery is amateurish.

But he's hilarious.

Hardest job in the world, comedy.

You lying get  ...

11 hours ago, JFK said:

Love vic and Bob

Me too.

To me, their last show for the So-Called BBC - House Of Fools - is their crowning-glory.

Like a lot of their stuff - it either makes you piss yourself laughing, or scratch your head in amazement that such shite got on your TV.

The Stott Brothers, and Tom Fun are probably the ones that reduce me to a state of piss-stained uncontrollable laughter the most...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

I first saw Vic and Bob in their formative years, doing Vic Reeves big night out. This was before it made to TV, in the Tram shed in Woolwich where it was a weekly fixture. 

If you remember Les, he was an art technician at our school called Fred Aylward. Me and a fellow student used to taunt him about it, nobody else knew who he was, unsurprisingly he left very quickly after it made it to TV. 

Caught Vic n Bob on his Big Night Out TV series, parents couldn't understand it, used to have me in fucking stitches. An obvious student favourite when was at uni. Caught them live as well and they were just funny as hell, very good timing and audience piss-taking, just like League of Gentlemen when caught them on live tour too.

13 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Me too.

To me, their last show for the So-Called BBC - House Of Fools - is their crowning-glory.

Like a lot of their stuff - it either makes you piss yourself laughing, or scratch your head in amazement that such shite got on your TV.

The Stott Brothers, and Tom Fun are probably the ones that reduce me to a state of piss-stained uncontrollable laughter the most...

XYY

They were just insane and so funny.  Other faves were the completely horrific piss taking of Lloyd Grossman and those weird arms (every time I see a jar of Lloyd Grossman sauce on the supermarket I just have this vision of that floaty thing with a huge head and cutlery hands. Genuinely wtf.  The living carpets also used to crack me up just for the sheer oddness.

1 hour ago, gilf said:

I first saw Vic and Bob in their formative years, doing Vic Reeves big night out. This was before it made to TV, in the Tram shed in Woolwich where it was a weekly fixture. 

If you remember Les, he was an art technician at our school called Fred Aylward. Me and a fellow student used to taunt him about it, nobody else knew who he was, unsurprisingly he left very quickly after it made it to TV. 

I used to love Les. His pens and the the spirit level / chives thing ... bless him :) 

8 hours ago, JFK said:

They were just insane and so funny.  Other faves were the completely horrific piss taking of Lloyd Grossman and those weird arms (every time I see a jar of Lloyd Grossman sauce on the supermarket I just have this vision of that floaty thing with a huge head and cutlery hands. Genuinely wtf.  The living carpets also used to crack me up just for the sheer oddness.

I used to love Les. His pens and the the spirit level / chives thing ... bless him :) 

Their version of "Stars In Your Eyes" is funny as fuck. And when the Stott Brothers asked Sting if his wife suffered from "night farts", and offered him pies, tabs and ketchup was hilarious. Kinky John was also a fantastic creation - just don't try usurping his tewwitowy...!

And Derek - Tom Fun's mate - "Is it Giro day Tom"...? One of Bob's better turns. The one where Tom got bummed by the dancing gorilla had me crying the first time saw it...

And those shorts they did for Foster's Lager exclusively on the internet about five years ago contained some new characters that were potential classics.

Try this one - made me piss myself, but I accept it's mad by even their standards...

XYY

2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Their version of "Stars In Your Eyes" is funny as fuck. And when the Stott Brothers asked Sting if his wife suffered from "night farts", and offered him pies, tabs and ketchup was hilarious. Kinky John was also a fantastic creation - just don't try usurping his tewwitowy...!

And Derek - Tom Fun's mate - "Is it Giro day Tom"...? One of Bob's better turns. The one where Tom got bummed by the dancing gorilla had me crying the first time saw it...

And those shorts they did for Foster's Lager exclusively on the internet about five years ago contained some new characters that were potential classics.

Try this one - made me piss myself, but I accept it's mad by even their standards...

XYY

god that was nuts :)