• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

England my England

16 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

On a downer today.

What the hell have we let out bankers and politicians do to this country?

I have done my best to give my kids the sort of childhood I enjoyed. But they are soon to be on their own and without leaving they are stuffed. Which is so very sad.

I am going to have a glass of wine now. This rant may continue.

If you have made your kids resilient, financially switched on, and aware of the lies of the MSM and pollies, trust me they will do better than 90% of the sheep in the next 30 years.

Oh - and get him to NZ.  He might find a nice kiwi bird and have kids in a country without a civil war baked in.

Problem is see, if he could jump in the game and make a go of it he would 100% absolutley be loving it and right into it, you would start to hear talk of getting a BTL too.

so that is why he is miserable because he can't get in the game.

And its why i enjoy seeing it. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

5 minutes ago, wherebee said:

If you have made your kids resilient, financially switched on, and aware of the lies of the MSM and pollies, trust me they will do better than 90% of the sheep in the next 30 years.

Oh - and get him to NZ.  He might find a nice kiwi bird and have kids in a country without a civil war baked in.

True. But this isn't just about my kids. It is about all of the poor bastard (scrotes excluded) who have, near as dammit, been born into slavery.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

True. But this isn't just about my kids. It is about all of the poor bastard (scrotes excluded) who have, near as dammit, been born into slavery.

They're not,

only if they choose to be (which they will) because they want to play the game "who can die with the most" like their boomer parents

The smart ones are holding on for a free £300 pcm prefab off the governement (its coming) 

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

They're not,

only if they choose to be (which they will) because they want to play the game "who can die with the most" like their boomer parents

I don't think that is true anymore. The renter society is designed to ensure that no one else can save or collect assets. 

I got my two kids Australian citizenship because I have a strong suspicion that when they are old enough for it to matter, the UK is going to be a very fucking difficult place to live.

The simplest reason for that I can give is there are more people taking out of the national pot than putting in. That's not going to end well.

Lumbering the next generation - who might have the brains to pull us out of the shit - with crippling debt will simply result in high end brain-drain leaving us with the gonks who do nothing but take, take, take.

america isnt all its cracked up to be,its has insanley expensive in parts has the se is.the reality for many is a big caravan ,food stamps and being swamped with dagos....however there are many parts that are probably very very nice.but take detroit has an example cheaper/better imports have destroyed much of their manufacturing base.you wont go far wrong becomeing a nurse(avarage joe) and the world is indeed your oyster to some extent.

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

america isnt all its cracked up to be,its has insanley expensive in parts has the se is.the reality for many is a big caravan ,food stamps and being swamped with dagos....however there are many parts that are probably very very nice.but take detroit has an example cheaper/better imports have destroyed much of their manufacturing base.you wont go far wrong becomeing a nurse(avarage joe) and the world is indeed your oyster to some extent.

america could well split into different ethnostates if the mass illegal immigration starts again post trump,  don;t forget that big parts of  texas and arizona used to be mexico.

20 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I got my two kids Australian citizenship because I have a strong suspicion that when they are old enough for it to matter, the UK is going to be a very fucking difficult place to live.

The simplest reason for that I can give is there are more people taking out of the national pot than putting in. That's not going to end well.

Lumbering the next generation - who might have the brains to pull us out of the shit - with crippling debt will simply result in high end brain-drain leaving us with the gonks who do nothing but take, take, take.

ive got an ozzy cousin he hates the place,not enough women stupidly hot and he cant make a liveing from cricket there he isnt good enough.but the last time i heard from him he was makeing a liveing here from cricket and out every night in leeds,with his axcent,perma tan and stapping build he is haveing the time of his life.

22 minutes ago, wherebee said:

america could well split into different ethnostates if the mass illegal immigration starts again post trump,  don;t forget that big parts of  texas and arizona used to be mexico.

yes the spanish ceeded some and sold other bits,then the land grabbers moved in and a couple of hundred died at the alamo.then they anaxed more lol.

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I would say Naples is very close to Surrey in it's outlook.

But £250k would get you this.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8755-Querce-Ct-Naples-FL-34114/103177923_zpid/

8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

In my opinion, it was both parents wanting a 'career'* that kicked it all off, or if not that, at least enabled it.

*what a load of tosh a 'career' is, as if we were born to have careers. Nobody remembers you for having a career. People remember you for what you did, and than it matters not a jot to you when you're dead.

No. It was the bankers deciding to move from 3+1 to 3x joint salary that meant women had to get a job to compete for housing.

3 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

ive got an ozzy cousin he hates the place,not enough women stupidly hot and he cant make a liveing from cricket there he isnt good enough.but the last time i heard from him he was makeing a liveing here from cricket and out every night in leeds,with his axcent,perma tan and stapping build he is haveing the time of his life.

I used to work with an Australian girl whose boyfriend had somehow managed to blag a contract with Durham as a fast bowler. Once, defending his team's total of 49, he gave away 15 runs off the first over....

I think the problem is the UK is too London centric. The government should really be moving more government departments up north... 

My neighbour has put her flat up for sale at offers over £85k. It's in a listed building in a "nice" area..... It's not that much money compared to London where you need a million for a bog standard flat.

11 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Sadly my family tree is 100% British so that option isn't available. You feckin immigrants have all the cards as usual.

22 minutes ago, eight said:

I used to work with an Australian girl whose boyfriend had somehow managed to blag a contract with Durham as a fast bowler. Once, defending his team's total of 49, he gave away 15 runs off the first over....

he was not to that standard,he seems to spend a bit of time in holland has well teaching cricket which i thought odd.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/8755-Querce-Ct-Naples-FL-34114/103177923_zpid/

But it's Florida

I really like America, have worked there lots from the west coast to the east. Love California and the 4 corners area, the former is my favourite but as expensive as feck though in the places you'd want to live. States in the SE like Scarolina are only habitable because of hydro power and cheap leccy for air conditioning. Arrive by plane in June and getting off is like stepping into a panting alsation's mouth.

I have alwasy thought that I could stay in America and still find myself there 10, maybe 20, years later and perhaps die there. But I could never make a decision to move there.

I have only found one place in the world so far that I would emigrate to at the drop of a hat without a glance back. But' I'm either 2 years too old or 200k too poor.

12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

No. It was the bankers deciding to move from 3+1 to 3x joint salary that meant women had to get a job to compete for housing.

Interesting, willing to be proven wrong

I'm curious which came first, women going to work or the change in mortgage calculations ?

Edited by Hopeful

24 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

In my opinion, it was both parents wanting a 'career'* that kicked it all off, or if not that, at least enabled it.

*what a load of tosh a 'career' is, as if we were born to have careers. Nobody remembers you for having a career. People remember you for what you did, and than it matters not a jot to you when you're dead.

It was both parents having to have a career to pay for stupid house price inflation 

21 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Interesting, willing to be proven wrong

I'm curious which came first, women going to work or the change in mortgage calculations ?

in theory women have worked longer,but i know where your comeing from one of my grannies never worked a day in her life once she got married she died around 1990.now most have no choice but pay others to look after there kids whilst they work.

17 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

How much is health insurance per month? And how much are salaries?

Not sure ordinary Americans do any better than Brits. 

26 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Only 1% of people get remembered by history, or immortalised on the internet.