• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One percent

Deforestation in da house

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43941146

A tree gifted to President Donald Trump by French President Emmanuel Macron has disappeared.

The pair planted the sapling, taken from the site of a World War One battle in north-east France, during Mr Macron's state visit last week.

Mr Macron said the tree would be a reminder of "these ties that bind us".

But a Reuters photographer on Saturday took a shot of only a yellow patch of grass on the White House south lawn where the tree once stood.

😂

• Similar Content

• By Mirror Mirror
      Anyone seen it?
      I quite like Billy Connolly. Just about funny enough as a comedian but in particular I like the travelogue programmes he makes. I find them interesting and informative, Billy comes across as a humble and empathetic narrator and presenter and they are set to good music.
      I binge watched all 3 episodes of the Great American Trail recently. It’s about places in the North East of the US to which Scots emigrated, how the Scottish culture lives on and some of the success and problems these areas experience today.
      Despite some of these areas probably qualifying as ‘rust belt’ (Virginia coal mining communities) it doesn’t take long before Connolly shows his political colours with a few digs at Trump and a bit of praise for Obama’s past ‘glories’.
      I found it interesting that right at the start, BC talked of how important our culture is to us, how it really is in our DNA and how it defines us, yet it wasn’t long before he was speaking disapprovingly about how the US now limits immigration.
      Either he or the producers clearly haven’t put 2&2 together to realise that if culture is so important, you can’t jeopardise it by allowing mass immigration of the sort we see today. Back in the day of Ellis Island America was a land of immigrants but maybe these were a different kind of immigrant, ones who wanted to work and to integrate and had something to contribute.
      I would really like to have a chat with Mr Connolly to see what he really thinks about all this.
      Sunday morning musings over - off to see about some breakfast.
    • By Long time lurking
      This has to be worthy of it`s own thread just for the comments on the twitter thread

• By One percent
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5804999/France-proposes-new-fake-news-law-ahead-elections.html
      Politicians in France have proposed introducing a new law to fight fake news in the run up to an election next year.
      The draft law, designed to stop what the government calls 'manipulation of information' in the run-up to elections, will be debated in parliament Thursday with a view to it being put into action during next year's European parliamentary polls.
      The idea for the bill came straight from President Emmanuel Macron, who was himself targeted during his 2017 campaign by online rumours that he was gay and had a secret bank account in the Bahamas.