• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Before they were famous (are they famous)?

I think my lack of a TV may be beginning to show.  I guessed most of these and then scrolled down only to find that I haven't heard of most of them now, let alone recognising them "before they were famous"!

I got no.3 correct and know, as adults, 2 & 4.  Though 2 is infamous rather than famous.

So I recognised 1 out of 12 as children and 3 out of 12 as adults even with their names.

Partly that's my lack of interest in celebrity culture but also because celebrities are really not as famous as they used to be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5670965/Celebrities-share-old-headshots-famous.html

You can't shove up a picture of Mark Hamill (sorry for the spoiler) at pretty much the only point in his career at which he is recognisable.  Before the recent Star Wars the challenge would have been to recognise him from a recent picture (after they were famous).

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think my lack of a TV may be beginning to show.  I guessed most of these and then scrolled down only to find that I haven't heard of most of them now, let alone recognising them "before they were famous"!

Pretty much the same, recognised number 3 and know of number 2. Are we 'the new normal'?

Edited by Panther

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I got no.3 correct and know, as adults, 2 & 4.  Though 2 is infamous rather than famous.

So I recognised 1 out of 12 as children and 3 out of 12 as adults even with their names.

Partly that's my lack of interest in celebrity culture but also because celebrities are really not as famous as they used to be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5670965/Celebrities-share-old-headshots-famous.html

Is Ron Pickering listed?

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Ah. This would explain why lots of these people’s first headshots are popping up on my social media feeds.

vanity and self absorption at its finest.

9 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I spotted Minnie Driver (who isn't really famous) and Mark Hamill. The rest about from Colbert I've never heard of.

3 hours ago, This Time said:

I've heard of six and guessed three right, one being Cathy Numan of Trump's severed head fame.

Cathy Newman is Jordan Peterson car crash interviewer. Cathy Griffin is the Trump decapitation “comedienne” (pictured).

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Cathy Newman is Jordan Peterson car crash interviewer. Cathy Griffin is the Trump decapitation “comedienne” (pictured).

There you go, not even famous enough for me to get her name right!