• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Bus Stop Boxer

Fat head pizza dough

Recommended Posts

I have today made some low carb cheesy cracker type objects, though id call them nibbles really. Didnt roll em flat enough as the dough was a tad weak.

I used ground almonds and whizzed them in the blender to get a slightly more flour-y texture.

I followed recipe to the letter but dough was still wet. So had to add more almond flour.

These are intensely cheesey and highly comestible. I will go at the coconut flour option at some point too. Though that would be more of a cakey direction.

 

Im basically going as low carb as i can, so i can still have a drink at night.

No spuds no bread and 4 days in im sure im quicker on my feet already.

DSC_0879.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

i envy your willpower, 

i have just knocked up these carb tastic pizza breads, although i hollowwed out the french stick to accomodate the tomatoes oregano & cheese.

image.jpg

Thats what my ex french squeeze used to do. hollow the whole thing out

"Mi" i think the French call the fluffy stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

i envy your willpower, 

i have just knocked up these carb tastic pizza breads, although i hollowwed out the french stick to accomodate the tomatoes oregano & cheese.

image.jpg

Good man. I bet the limit of how many of those I could eat in one sitting would take some finding. My opening gambit would be twenty five, minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shindigger said:

I have today made some low carb cheesy cracker type objects, though id call them nibbles really. Didnt roll em flat enough as the dough was a tad weak.

I used ground almonds and whizzed them in the blender to get a slightly more flour-y texture.

I followed recipe to the letter but dough was still wet. So had to add more almond flour.

These are intensely cheesey and highly comestible. I will go at the coconut flour option at some point too. Though that would be more of a cakey direction.

 

Im basically going as low carb as i can, so i can still have a drink at night.

No spuds no bread and 4 days in im sure im quicker on my feet already.

DSC_0879.JPG

Low carb is great. I have been doing it for three months now. Iceberg lettuce is your friend.

But I did have a hiccough tonight as the family fancied a Nasi Goreng and I can't see a way of making that carb free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm coming up on ten months of about 20g a day, didn't even have spuds on Christmas Day. I'm fine with never eating carbs again (not being able to eat any gluten at all helps) - I doubt I'd be able to regularly eat more than about 40g a day without ballooning.

The fathead dough is great, I make the coconut flour version. I'm going to try using pesto as the sauce next time to cut the carb count even more.

Edited by This Time
Autocucumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, This Time said:

I'm coming up on ten months of about 20g a day, didn't even have spuds on Christmas Day. I'm fine with never eating carbs again (not being able to eat any gluten at all helps) - I doubt I'd be able to regularly eat more than about 40g a day without ballooning.

The fathead dough is great, I make the coconut flour version. I'm going to try using pesto as the sauce next time to cut the carb count even more.

What do you sub the spuds with? Cauliflower seems popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shindigger said:

What do you sub the spuds with? Cauliflower seems popular. 

Depends what you want it for. I think I had roast cauliflower and broccoli on Christmas Day. Cauliflower is good for mash on a shepherd's pie or whatever or you can try celeriac mash or swede. Celeriac or turnip is good for a gratin. Celeriac is ok for chips but I've never managed to get them crispy. Thinly sliced courgette, grated cheese or kale baked in the oven are the best crisp substitutes I've found (or crispy bacon).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.