DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

ToSsers

TheCountOfNowhere

On 08/06/2018 at 21:32, One percent said:

What? 

PEDANT. BURN HIM. xD

i know it’s hanged but the term seems to always be expressed as hung. Dunno why. Maybe it’s jusy how it is expressed in YORKSHIRE 

There's some debate on this, hanged is used when the intention was to kill by hanging, however the idea was that the victim was hung by the neck until just before the point of death (strangulation, not broken neck) and the  killing was done by the drawing and quartering.:ph34r:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
leonardratso
21 minutes ago, Option5 said:

There's some debate on this, hanged is used when the intention was to kill by hanging, however the idea was that the victim was hung by the neck until just before the point of death (strangulation, not broken neck) and the  killing was done by the drawing and quartering.:ph34r:

he was well hung

leonardratso
33 minutes ago, bobo said:

Don't know why I'm being dragged into this. And no I'm not a fucking cartoon bear. Although I may have shat in the woods on occasion.

sorry that was booboo, and a pickanick basket.

17 hours ago, Option5 said:

Really? Yes, had it almost 12 years now.

Is it rusty? No, Unlike the earlier rust prone Deltas the Evoluzione II was built under license by a contractor coach builder  Maggiora , not Lancia, this sorted out most of the electrical and quality problems. It's just had a respray due to the red paint fading to various shades of pink but it didn't need any welding or rust treatment.

It lives outside, just gets well cared for and is never used when there's salt on the roads (I have another newer banger for those days :))

I don't need a car for commuting so it doesn't go out every day but it is my main car.

I'll post some pics sometime if anyone is really that interested.

I always wanted an Alfa 155 Q4, same underneath as a Lancia Delta.. For some reason ended up buying an alfasud

4 hours ago, macca said:

I always wanted an Alfa 155 Q4, same underneath as a Lancia Delta.. For some reason ended up buying an alfasud

The Alfa was a very nice car, detuned engine and slower steering though as they marketed it as an executive express, not a a louts car like the Integrale :D.

You can get the same drivetrain in the 159Q4 but with the 3.2 V6, only downside is it's a bit heavy (and feels it)

Green Devil

Damn i just surfed over on TOS and the levels of advertisements are getting extreme, slowing it to extreme levels and using up most of the space.

Is there anyway in google to turn off all this shite?

1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

Damn i just surfed over on TOS and the levels of advertisements are getting extreme, slowing it to extreme levels and using up most of the space.

I don't see any adverts over there but the site is pretty much unusable at the moment, so slllloooowwwww. I use ablock and a noscript extension. Although most of the time i just end up disabling the noscript app as it becomes a pain enabling the elements I need to get a website to even show the most basic of information. Websites are taking the piss a bit now with the amount of unessecary crap. Try a script disabling app and go on something like the Guardian or Independent to see what's going on behind the scenes.

10 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Adblocker.

Bruce Banner
On 01/05/2018 at 13:31, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I've pretty much given up on ToS now.  It was becoming soul destroying.

10 years of madness has taken it's toll.

We decided to pack it all in and move to France and will be off soon.

I noticed today though when I had a lurk that some ToSsers are trolling me even in my absence :wanker:

Someone's come back 10 years later to tell every how wrong I was.  Well done him.  Trolling over a decade takes some going.

I dont think they've noticed that everyone's left bar the trolls.

Not sure the thread you mean. Is there anything we can do to entice you back? 

TheCountOfNowhere
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Hi Bruce, cant remember now, whatever it was it was a troll filled hate fest that tipped me over the edge.

And thanks for asking.

I gave up for a few weeks but have been back but I plan on cutting back my posting soon but I wont quit for good till the day the BoE are forced to raise IRs.

Then I'll  be over there with a great big:

66daph.jpg

to the trolls.

The place seems infested with trolls now, probably because some of ToS finest posters have moved here.

DOSBODS its great but HPC is where the HPC message is.

As i've said several times, I can scarcely believe what I am witnessing.

Anyways, I've been trolled here once and I suspect many of them have twigged that we've all left and set up camp away from their smell of s**t.

Dosbods has brought back some of the joy of reading a forum, TOS is a cesspit of hate and despair now.

Plus the @housepricemania twitetr feed ( 2300 follows ) is where it is at now, much more effective way of getting a message out to the people who are not interested and I can block the trolls myself.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Decent moderation before its too late..... oops the damage has already been done....

ThoughtCriminal

Setting resembling freedom of speech would have been nice.

Along with not moderating the shit out of anything that moved.

Speaks volumes for a person's view of humanity that they are so willing to silence someone.

Bruce Banner
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Hi Bruce, cant remember now, whatever it was it was a troll filled hate fest that tipped me over the edge.

And thanks for asking.

I gave up for a few weeks and plan on cutting back my posting soon but I wont quit for good till the day the BoE are forced to raise IRs.

Then I'll  be over there with a great big:

66daph.jpg

The place seems infested with trolls now, probably because some of ToS finest posters have moved here.

DOSBODS its great but HPC is where the HPC message is.

As i've said several times, I can scarcely believe what I am witnessing.

Anyways, I've been trolled here once and I suspect many of them have twigged that we've all left and set up camp away from their smell of s**t.

Dosbods has brought back some of the joy of reading a forum, TOS is a cesspit of hate and despair now.

Plus the @housepricemania twitetr feed ( 2300 follows ) is where it is at now, much more effective way of getting a message out to the people who are not interested and I can block the trolls myself.

Sorry to hear that Count. I can understand your frustration. How did you feel that you were trolled in particular? 

2 minutes ago, eek said:

Decent moderation before its too late..... oops the damage has already been done....

As a website we have always tried to look out for our genuine posters interests. Unfortunately due to the nature of the topic the website has always been a magnet to trolls but I do not believe that the damage is irreversible. Please see my thread on this topic. 

3 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Sorry to hear that Count. I can understand your frustration. How did you feel that you were trolled in particular? 

As a website we have always tried to look out for our genuine posters interests. Unfortunately due to the nature of the topic the website has always been a magnet to trolls but I do not believe that the damage is irreversible. Please see my thread on this topic. 

Sorry but as a poster of 14 years standing there the damage was done by crap moderation rather than trolling - and as the interesting threads that were over there are now over here there is little point in returning....

Bruce Banner
25 minutes ago, eek said:

Sorry but as a poster of 14 years standing there the damage was done by crap moderation rather than trolling - and as the interesting threads that were over there are now over here there is little point in returning....

It is unfortunate that you feel that way, however without a specific example to work with I can only refer to my previous comments of our website being a troll magnet. Being a long-term member you should know that. 

Just now, Bruce Banner said:

It is unfortunate that you feel that way, however without a specific example to work with I can only refer to my previous comments of our website being a troll magnet. Being a long-term member you should know that. 

If you aren't bright enough to work out what happened (hint all clues you need can be found in the top left hand corner of both this post and the one you quoted) then you really are beyond help.

You can keep bleating all you want but this post says everything you need to know (I've highlighted 2 bits to help you).

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I was moderated just for joining this site.  There was no warning.  I stopped posting as soon as that happened and have not looked back.

All the best people are here, why would any of us move back.  Issues with your website are:

It is slow, too slow to use

It is swamped with adverts

It is heavily moderated in a very biased way

It is not democratic (dosbods is run on very democratic lines)

You have killed your golden goose 

TheCountOfNowhere
4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

I was being constantly trolled, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

It's gone on for a long while now and is quite wearing .  Venger was getting it too.

Someone tried to troll me by PM, that was particularly weird. 

There was the outting some poor sod as me on the internet too a couple of years ago. 

Have a search for countofnowhere. there is some pretty odd stuff on some other forums.

I find it a bit sinister if the truth be told.

When I posted a comment there's 1/2 accounts would always have a dig, then the 2nd account would back it up.

If I blocked them ( and I have a lot of blocked people ) then another 1/2 would start.

I had blocked 2/3 people in 8 years till about 2 years ago then it really took off.  I think the trolls who had been scared were back to gloat more than anything....with the message being "look at you pathetic ****s you've missed out", now they seem quite scared again.

We're all going ronud in circles. They were right about the insane government support for house prices and we're right that this is criminal and should not be allowed. 

So until the circle is broken there's little point in discussing it.

Everyone knows mortgage rates are on the rise, interest rates rises will happen, the bubble will collapse, my only concern is what a collapse will me for me and my family.  Nowt else.

36 minutes ago, eek said:

I dont think I was every moderated, or very seldomly, so for me it's just the hopelessness of the place that's taken me away from it.

I'm not leaving, I just cant stand the smug ****s on there telling us all we are wrong :CryBaby:

TheCountOfNowhere
On 01/05/2018 at 17:59, UmBongo said:

I don't click on every topic over there but I did click on that thread you speak of and I did see the unkind comments.

Chap was lucky on the back of those unforeseen props put in place by Cameron's fag Osbourne. I, like yourself I guess, thought property prices were going to drop like a lead balloon during the coalition years. I'm feeling bitter about it.

Can anyone remember which thread it was, my life is too short ?

TheCountOfNowhere

Hi All,

Bruce is an IMPOSTER. Doh doh dooooooooooooo.

PMSL.

Own up, who else is not you ?

image.png.205e74a1e519b60d916995d8308c6f9d.png

Got a PM on TOS.

Spunko, can you confirm ?

That must be a case for blocking that IP address ?

!!!!!! TROLLS EVERYWHERE !!!!!

What a bunch of desperate sad cunts, they are even trolling me here.  You people need therapy.

Archived