• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JackieO

Had a chat today with two Norwegians

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

They like not being in the EU, said Sweden indeed has numerous no go zones and that British Food was shit.

Nice guys but reserved at first.

They dont like Swedes.

They will be finding the Swedish social experiment as dead funny.

Norwegian food is worse. The norgies i know and meet up like eating the range of food in britain.

I did a few school exchanges with norwegian schools.

4 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

They'd clearly not tried roast Beef and YORKSHIRE pudding.

I am slowly getting a French colleague, to appreciate British things, like fried bread, and parmos, and Morris Dancing.

I think they were shocked everything was so processed and wrapped in plastic

Depending on where they were from, theyd be surprised you did not have to shoot and butcher your tea.

I think they were shocked everything was so processed and wrapped in plastic

It's much cheaper than the food in Norway tho right?! And there's always our cheaper booze to rinse the taste away?! 😁

8 minutes ago, spygirl said:

They dont like Swedes.

They will be finding the Swedish social experiment as dead funny.

Norwegian food is worse. The norgies i know and meet up like eating the range of food in britain.

I did a few school exchanges with norwegian schools.

Give them diced swede to eat, I guarantee that will make them shit themselves laughing.

23 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I am slowly getting a French colleague, to appreciate British things, like fried bread

That sounds like a pile of crock, monsieur.

13 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Well done Pinny. Keeping the British end up.

I guess he's curious about other cultures. I've already taught him that Champagne is for poofs, and cider is the real thing. We have to explain Viz to him, because of the language difference, and maybe I will learn enough French filth to publish le Profanisaurus Français? Look I got the cedilla on that like a real French Gitane smoking unshaved dodgy in a mac. Also I have leant him my boxed se of the "Sweeney".

18 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I guess he's curious about other cultures. I've already taught him that Champagne is for poofs, and cider is the real thing. We have to explain Viz to him, because of the language difference, and maybe I will learn enough French filth to publish le Profanisaurus Français? Look I got the cedilla on that like a real French Gitane smoking unshaved dodgy in a mac. Also I have leant him my boxed se of the "Sweeney".

That'll learn him

Norway has shitloads of 3rd worlders as well

So does Denmark

It's just Sweden has even more

And it's true that here they don't have much processed ready meal stuff on the shelves. Maybe frozen pizzas, but in the UK its an epidemic with literally everything available as a ready meal.

5 hours ago, MrPin said:

Poor bastard. Take him out for a curry and give him a mild Madras next, if he’s like the average Frenchie it’ll reduce him to a sweating mess. 

3 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Poor bastard. Take him out for a curry and give him a mild Madras next, if he’s like the average Frenchie it’ll reduce him to a sweating mess. 

Yes. Curry day in the works canteen is not hot enough. In fact it's like Wetherspoons, with no ale.

9 hours ago, Bakez said:

Norway has shitloads of 3rd worlders as well

So does Denmark

It's just Sweden has even more

And it's true that here they don't have much processed ready meal stuff on the shelves. Maybe frozen pizzas, but in the UK its an epidemic with literally everything available as a ready meal.

At the same time when it comes to local produce and available restaurant food - the UK is right at the top of the world league. 

We have varied tastes :D

On 02/05/2018 at 06:58, ccc said:

At the same time when it comes to local produce and available restaurant food - the UK is right at the top of the world league. 

We have varied tastes :D

British produce is generally far better in my experience than in most other countries, except perhaps France. Good cheese is widely available and relatively cheap in the UK, which is not the case in most continental countries, particularly eastern Europe.