• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

From the article 

as many feminists are finding, we too are being silenced under the guise of ‘hate speech'”.

Concluding, the user wrote: “I’m not quite sure how I feel really. I’m just wondering what other people’s thoughts are on this, especially how it relates to the current silencing of feminists.”

given that feminists remain silent on a range of misogynistic issues, I don’t see what the problem is with having one more nail in this particular coffin. 

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Concluding, the user wrote: “I’m not quite sure how I feel really. I’m just wondering what other people’s thoughts are on this, especially how it relates to the current silencing of feminists.”

She then went on to ask “AIBU?”

Posted (edited)

Feminists over on mn are eating each ther over the trans shite

Bemusing to behold.

As for censorship over there wrong think has not been tolerated for years.

Edited by JackieO

Posted (edited)

Spot on TMT.

It seems at root incredibly patronising to women: you can chat about cats (and I do like those threads, especially when they come with pictures), relationships and how big an idiot your husband is.

But you will not speak about the biggest threat to society and women's rights in particular.

This is the reality of mumsnet, but it's other women setting their limits so they're not seeing it:

Edited by Frank Hovis

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

There are frequent references there to snowflake interns doing the censoring; the unemployable SJWs get jobs (not from choice, just all they can get) and start shutting down debate.

I think similar happened to us on ToS but rather than accept it or stay and whinge about it we decamped en masse to our free speech safe space kindly provided by @spunko2010.

Maybe we could invite the mumsnet dissenters to come and join us.

Just now, steppensheep said:

Maybe we could invite the mumsnet dissenters to come and join us.

review_of_the_first_blast_of_the_trumpet

I jest.

However I find that on the forums with too many members the interesting and thougt provoking posts disappear beneath a swarm of chatter and "I agree" posts so they are as bad as the tumbleweed forums with two posts a day for any kind of proper and interesting debate.

We could certainly do with more women members on here as some debates lack balance but not with several hundred swamping it.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Mumsnet is a truly horrid site IMPO - you can talk on there seemingly only as long as you talk about things that its moderators deem OK to be discussed and then seemingly only as long as you basically toe the line in such discussions. The entire islamic migration of unknown millions into the UK & Europes, the endless open borders and its affects on our secular, tolerant society, on the NHS & Schools, housing, etc, is a case in point.

The irony of a site suposedly that promotes the rights of women censoring & deleting posts that criticise islamification of the West, and even banning posters who post such things (I know as I have had accounts deleted when I have raised such things.), is mind-boggingly moronic. The lives of all females - the majority of Mumsnet posters - here in the UK will only worsen in terms of restrictions on personal freedoms as the islamic population grows in the UK and across Western Europe.

Only a complete and utter idiot cannot see that. It has already begun.

The very people who have been warning about this, and who have tried to do so via sites like Mumsnet, have been censored, posts deleted and accounts banned. Think about it for a moment - people saying "Hey ladies, this is an enormous danger to your fundamental freedoms!" have been shouted down on a site that promotes itself as being pro the rights of women. How bizarre. How stupid.

It isn't that bizarre once you look at the company accounts and how much comes from advertising.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03951486/MUMSNET-LIMITED/financials#key-financials

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

review_of_the_first_blast_of_the_trumpet

I jest.

However I find that on the forums with too many members the interesting and thougt provoking posts disappear beneath a swarm of chatter and "I agree" posts so they are as bad as the tumbleweed forums with two posts a day for any kind of proper and interesting debate.

We could certainly do with more women members on here as some debates lack balance but not with several hundred swamping it.

Imagine 100 MissLaurens.

O.o

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

It isn't that bizarre once you look at the company accounts and how much comes from advertising.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03951486/MUMSNET-LIMITED/financials#key-financials

Yes, you get the impression they hope to be bought out via the DM or similar. Or just don't wish to upset Google advertising - what frightening power that US company has over censoring free speech around the Western World.

I have not visited the Guido Fawkes site in about 5 - 6 months since they banned my account from posting because I posted two links to posts by that AMD Waters lady so, as far as I was concerned, feck order-order. (I don't feel strongly either way about AMD Waters.)

I didn't realise that order-order is mainly a conservative site and that Water's 'First Britain', or whatever it is called, is a no no over on the Guido Fawkes site. Odd, as at the time the majority of posts seemed to be from people worried about many of the things that are voiced in some threads on here.

So I just cut Guido Fawkes out of my daily surfing - until this morning.

I went to have a look for the Keith Vaz story and the first thing I noticed was just how low the comment numbers are beneath each article. It really stood out. Instead of several hundred comments per article there were some with 60ish, 80ish, etc.

So I had a read. I was interested to see someone comment about how quiet it is on that site now. Someone else commented along the lines that all the good posters had gone. Someone else mentioned something about it being interesting to see what the next surfing figures for order-order will be and suspected that the numbers would be down.

I hope more people begin to vote with not surfing sites that censor discussion.

Edit:

Btw, have seen how shit poor IMPO the discussion is over on Guido Fawkes now I doubt I will visit it again.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

22 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Do you think discussions about mooncups and IEDs would blossom on here?

Somehow I think it would get a bit messy.

I think you mean IUDs don't you?

I would imagine the average mumsnetter doesn't know what an IED is and even if she did, it would be the fault of the west that they exist. 

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think you mean IUDs don't you?

I would imagine the average mumsnetter doesn't know what an IED is and even if she did, it would be the fault of the west that they exist. 

I did, it was bait that gets the imagination going and could be taken two ways.