• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Bossybabe

Presenteeism endangering productivity.

I was unwell yesterday and today but have worked from home as everyone in my department can do; unless you have proper flu you can do some work.

One colleague is notorious for playing the suffering martyr and coughing and sneezing over everyone when he should be working at home and not spreading the disease.

Have spent 30 years indulging in presenteeism for 50% of the time simply because the whole system of management in most places I have worked is designed as the antiphesis of efficiency due to a management by committee mentality.

Now I am past caring as the whole problem is the promotion of clueless bullshitters by the management into management positions.

The CBI can fuck off with their worker smearing campaign.

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

But but the CBI have for years told us that the whole workforce were slackers taking time off sick for no reason. 

They need to make up their minds what they want 

Half the time in modern office jobs you could work from home with no issue (like Frank). When it's a cold or flu (ok a real flu you can't work, but most people who say they have a flu actually have a heavy cold) , this should surely be encouraged.

18 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Half the time in modern office jobs you could work from home with no issue (like Frank). When it's a cold or flu (ok a real flu you can't work, but most people who say they have a flu actually have a heavy cold) , this should surely be encouraged.

I think it’s being caused by ever-harsher sickness-management policies that can result in employees being sacked for being ill, even with a genuine, GP certified  illness. They’re all shit scared and as a result bring their viruses to work, spreading them around. 

This isn’t a good idea. When the predicted flu pandemic comes, no one will stand a chance if everyone who has it has spread it at work. People will die needlessly. 

“Woe, woe and thrice woe”, to quote Frankie Howerd. 

😷🤧😪