• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Posted (edited)

We haven't got a TV licence, or an aerial, we do have a smart telly though, and children who like Hey Duggee, and other CBeebies shows. 

YouTube is iffy as it has some really dodgy shit on it, dodgy shit aimed at children too.

I'm not a fan of TV but some stuff is decent. I'm not giving BBC money and not gonna sign up for iPlayer, and thought that meant no more CBeebies shows, but....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows

They are there, without any log in required.

So, if you are STILL paying for a TV Licence but only really for kids TV, get that direct debit cancelled!

Screen-Shot-2017-09-26-at-16.46.20.jpg

Edited by Carl Fimble

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

We haven't got a TV licence, or an aerial, we do have a smart telly though, and children who like Hey Duggee, and other CBeebies shows. 

YouTube is iffy as it has some really dodgy shit on it, dodgy shit aimed at children too.

I'm not a fan of TV but some stuff is decent. I'm not giving BBC money and not gonna sign up for iPlayer, and thought that meant no more CBeebies shows, but....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/shows

They are there, without any log in required.

So, if you are STILL paying for a TV Licence but only really for kids TV, get that direct debit cancelled!

Screen-Shot-2017-09-26-at-16.46.20.jpg

Everyone should go Legally Licence Free. Have a look over at the TV License resistance forum, lots of good advice over there.

As for signing up for iPlayer - you can have a bit of fun as the email address isn't verified ... you can put anything in there

... so if someone was, to say, hypothetically, put in jimmy saville's date of birth, and put broadcasting house postcode in ... and make a blag email address, something like, say, 'i_screw_kids@jimmysaville.com'  or 'so_called_bbc@jimmysaville.com' .. you can see where I'm going with this ...

7 hours ago, JFK said:

Everyone should go Legally Licence Free. Have a look over at the TV License resistance forum, lots of good advice over there.

As for signing up for iPlayer - you can have a bit of fun as the email address isn't verified ... you can put anything in there

... so if someone was, to say, hypothetically, put in jimmy saville's date of birth, and put broadcasting house postcode in ... and make a blag email address, something like, say, 'i_screw_kids@jimmysaville.com'  or 'so_called_bbc@jimmysaville.com' .. you can see where I'm going with this ...

Suggest you do that behind a VPN (have to be a UK one in theory) as you never know what kind of records they're keeping when you sign up. 

29 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Suggest you do that behind a VPN (have to be a UK one in theory) as you never know what kind of records they're keeping when you sign up. 

Good idea!

59 minutes ago, eight said:

That's a very boring layout. There are some better ones here - http://www.thortrains.net/marx/48fastrack1.html

Thought I might have piqued your interest with that image. 

The ones on the link you posted have too many dead ends, I'll try t find the photo I took of the layout I put together a few months ago, really quite impressive I thought. My boys weren't so impressed though, took it apart not long after I had made it. I might glue the wooden tracks together next time...

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Sorry Carl, I think my last post maybe came across as a bit rude. Not intended at all. :)

I'm sorry, actually this time though.

😉

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

👍 no need to be. Unless you post that stick video again. o.O

What about this instead?

Well worth listening to the whole thing, it gets really good half way through and the last bit is amazing!

1 hour ago, Thombleached said:

Or do the signing up bit at an internet cafe maybe? With a disguise on.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

I’m not sure those of us without young kids care tbh. 

Or those of us with for that matter.

At least,  in my case I’m unfamiliar with anything on the Beeb.  Not letting my kids near those batty iliberal mentalists..  should come with at least a 12 rating ;)