• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Don’t have a go at American gun laws: the streets of londonistan are awash with shootings

One day we will have a terror attack in the UK where lots of the bad guys are armed to the teeth with AK-47's. The govt and police will then utter complete and utter surprise that such a thing could happen... and no doubt our leaders will be asking why no one ever did anything to stop it... when they are the feckers who should have stopped it a long time before.

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

One day we will have a terror attack in the UK where lots of the bad guys are armed to the teeth with AK-47's. The govt and police will then utter complete and utter surprise that such a thing could happen... and no doubt our leaders will be asking why no one ever did anything to stop it... when they are the feckers who should have stopped it a long time before.

Nah, they will just mutter about a pack of mentally ill lone wolves.  A one off, just like all the other terrorist attacks. 

Fiddling while Rome burns springs to mind 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Three people shot in two separate incidents last night/ today in londonistan. 

One killed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44021260

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44024948

I blame the weather, it was probably warm enough that a lot of Londons residents went out for the evening.

Good time to settle some scores that have been festering over winter.

There is nothing wring with american gun laws, at all. They provide freedom, the places which have issues are typically where democrats are in power, have restrictive gun laws for the law abiding and let gangs roam free. 

An armed populace scares the fuck out of the politicians as it keeps them honest. We all have the god given right to self defence even against the state if necessary, it is time we started asserting that right. 

If I was ever called for Jury service I would never convict on a firearms possession offence 

What there is, is a cultural issue with elements of society and again governments dare not address the issue, so instead we will see increasing crack down from the government on the law abiding to make it look like they can do something. Eventually the people will have to decide and it will not be pretty. 

I am getting more and more pissed off with the world, but I am pretty sure most problems come down to political parties and politicians. 

Edited by ad_ceng

2 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

There is nothing wring with american gun laws, at all. They provide freedom, the places which have issues are typically where democrats are in power, have restrictive gun laws for the law abiding and let gangs roam free. 

An armed populace scares the fuck out of the politicians as it keeps them honest. We all have the god given right to self defence even against the state if necessary, it is time we started asserting that right. 

If I was ever called for Jury service I would never convict on a firearms possession offence 

What there is, is a cultural issue with elements of society and again governments dare not address the issue, so instead we will see increasing crack down from the government on the law abiding to make it look like they can do something. Eventually the people will have to decide and it will not be pretty. 

I am getting more and more pissed off with the world, but I am pretty sure most problems come down to political parties and politicians. 

Top post. The establishment don’t want an armed populace. They might get a bit antsy 

When I lived in London reports of shootings would always be accompanied by statements saying about how they're investigating how the perps got hold of the firearms.

These days there is nothing spoken of that, only that there are more armed police on the streets to provide reassurance.  The fact that young gang members will have firearms seems to be an accepted fact.

Sad really.  We've got a new normal now.

Just now, dgul said:

When I lived in London reports of shootings would always be accompanied by statements saying about how they're investigating how the perps got hold of the firearms.

These days there is nothing spoken of that, only that there are more armed police on the streets to provide reassurance.  The fact that young gang members will have firearms seems to be an accepted fact.

Sad really.  We've got a new normal now.

The scariest thing is that the innocent are not allowed or able (they don’t have the contacts) to similarly arm themselves 

10 minutes ago, One percent said:

The scariest thing is that the innocent are not allowed or able (they don’t have the contacts) to similarly arm themselves 

well technically you can you just need a section five licence but you and I are not getting one. 

6 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

well technically you can you just need a section five licence but you and I are not getting one. 

I did in the past hold a gun licence for a rifle. Two things. The conditions got evermore onerous and it’s hardly the weapon of choice if you want to go tooled up for close protection (can you stand a good few yards away so that I can shoot you please)

It's got to the stage where law abiding British people should carry small arms purely for self defence - under very strict conditions of course. 

Say 7 round pistols each along with 1000 rounds.

Edited by twocents

section five is pistols, machine guns, missiles it is basically anything which is "banned" it is not banned as there are legitimate ish needs like the defence industry. So section five liceses exist but you need to get the home secretaries permission or one I think

6 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

section five is pistols, machine guns, missiles it is basically anything which is "banned" it is not banned as there are legitimate ish needs like the defence industry. So section five liceses exist but you need to get the home secretaries permission or one I think

I'm guessing you need to hold a gun to his head to get permission. Catch 22.

8 hours ago, twocents said:

It's got to the stage where law abiding British people should carry small arms purely for self defence - under very strict conditions of course. 

Say 7 round pistols each along with 1000 rounds.

I am not sure I agree on conditions, that starts the slippery slope off again 

Learn the art of bladed weaponry and archery then

No law against either and arguably just as deadly at close quarters. 

In fact there is an old english law that says an englishman can practice archery on public recreation grounds on sunday mornings. 

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 hour ago, WorkingPoor said:

Learn the art of bladed weaponry and archery then

No law against either and arguably just as deadly at close quarters. 

In fact there is an old english law that says an englishman can practice archery on public recreation grounds on sunday mornings. 

I always carry a legal knife with me, its better than nothing. I suggest everyone does the same - A blade of less than 3 Inches non locking is allowed and you do not need a reason 

4 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

I always carry a legal knife with me, its better than nothing. I suggest everyone does the same - A blade of less than 3 Inches non locking is allowed and you do not need a reason 

I like a stiff umbrella with a steel tip.

There is a whole martial art devoted to the use of a walking cane for self defence.

Edited by WorkingPoor

6 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

I like a stiff umbrella with a steel tip.

There is a whole martial art devoted to the use of a walking cane for self defence.

But who invented it first, I thought it was Bartitsu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu

but then as usual the French appear.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canne_de_combat