• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Fighting hate on Twitter

Somebody of whom you will never have heard tweeted FOUR years ago:

"Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair."

This to me is merely a clumsy way of expressing sympathy; they wish that that person wasn't in a wheelchair and is sad that they are.

But with all the me me ME! idiocy of the Facebook generation this is now deemed HATE and a whole campaign of self-publicity has been launched and is bring encouraged by the media.

The person who made that innocuous tweet four years ago is unsurprisingly ignoring the whole stupid debacle.

Fuckwits all.

How #HotPersonInAWheelchair is fighting hate on Twitter

A US YouTuber has inspired a Twitter campaign after she read a tweet that said: "Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair."

The tweet that got Annie Segarra so annoyed was actually four years old. It had been written by author Ken Jennings, known in the US for winning the classic TV game show Jeopardy! 74 times in a row - and pocketing more than $2.5m (£1.85m) in the process.

Segarra, who tweets using the Twitter handle @annieelainey - adapted Jennings' tweet so it read "#HotPersonInAWheelchair", adding: "Cry about it, babe". She attached a photo to the tweet showed her in a chic outfit.

More than 2,700 people liked the post from Segarra - who was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) in 2014 and is now a wheelchair user.

It prompted some of her followers who are also wheelchair users to post photos of themselves with the same hashtag.

Australian para-athlete Robyn Lambird (@Robyn_lambird) shared this image of herself wearing a white hoodie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-44004823

The rest of the story is more of the same fatuous nonsense that the So-Called BBC deems to be more important than bothering to report a muslim knife man stabbing three strangers in Holland a couple of days ago.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Somebody of whom you will never have heard tweeted FOUR years ago:

"Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair."

This to me is merely a clumsy way of expressing sympathy; they wish that that person wasn't in a wheelchair and is sad that they are.

But with all the me me ME! idiocy of the Facebook generation this is now deemed HATE and a whole campaign of self-publicity has been launched and is bring encouraged by the media.

The person who made that innocuous tweet four years ago is unsurprisingly ignoring the whole stupid debacle.

Fuckwits all.

How #HotPersonInAWheelchair is fighting hate on Twitter

A US YouTuber has inspired a Twitter campaign after she read a tweet that said: "Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair."

The tweet that got Annie Segarra so annoyed was actually four years old. It had been written by author Ken Jennings, known in the US for winning the classic TV game show Jeopardy! 74 times in a row - and pocketing more than $2.5m (£1.85m) in the process.

Segarra, who tweets using the Twitter handle @annieelainey - adapted Jennings' tweet so it read "#HotPersonInAWheelchair", adding: "Cry about it, babe". She attached a photo to the tweet showed her in a chic outfit.

More than 2,700 people liked the post from Segarra - who was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) in 2014 and is now a wheelchair user.

It prompted some of her followers who are also wheelchair users to post photos of themselves with the same hashtag.

Australian para-athlete Robyn Lambird (@Robyn_lambird) shared this image of herself wearing a white hoodie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/disability-44004823

The rest of the story is more of the same fatuous nonsense that the So-Called BBC deems to be more important than bothering to report a muslim knife man stabbing three strangers in Holland a couple of days ago.

Nothing sadder than a person in a wheelchair spending all day reading and posting on Twitter.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Oh for the days when journalism actually meant putting in some effort to report on a story of significance, rather than waiting for twitter to hock up another load of faux outrage shite.

It's no surprise the Twitterati are up in arms about disablity shaming as half of them seem mentally disadvantaged themselves.

disablement is the new beauty.  a crippled mind, body or soul is a boon that everyone should try.  Wish it in everyone.

Just now, BLOOLOO said:

disablement is the new beauty.  a crippled mind, body or soul is a boon that everyone should try.  Wish it in everyone.

My SJW friend told me that the concept of heaven sounded nasty because there would be no disablement. She told me it would be wrong to try to fix things like mental deficiency because that would suggest there is something wrong with it.

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

What happens if you fecken hate everybody. Is that a crime?

That's me buggered.

Piss off the lot of you.

1 minute ago, Everentt said:

My SJW friend told me that the concept of heaven sounded nasty because there would be no disablement. She told me it would be wrong to try to fix things like mental deficiency because that would suggest there is something wrong with it.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Im finding it harder and harder to remain friends with thick people as I get older.

4 minutes ago, Everentt said:

Your SJW friend has deeply offended my religion.  I'd say that she'd better apologise, and mean it too.