• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

Emoji / emoticons?!

Should the new emojis stay or go?  

24 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the new emojis stay or go?

• Keep them
    • Delete them
    • I have no opinion and just want to vote!

I know some people don't like them, and the latest version of the forum software now gives the option to remove/hide the new emojis altogether and just keep the DOSBODS originals. There is no middle ground sadly, they can either be active or not. So do you think the NEW emojis should stay, or go? I will keep the original DOSBODS ones.ย  Please vote!

For clarification:

New emojis:ย  ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ

Old DOSBODS emojis: ;):Old:B|

I voted for the old ones, not only are the new ones just new fangled pish and teenager-ey, but they fuck up my phone as there are so many of them. I really don't like them.ย 

Modern rubbish, and we are quite capable of expressing ourselves on here without stupid little faces. The old ones were ok though, and useful sometimes.

:PissedOff:

Also if I type "tree" on my phone it gives me the option: ๐ŸŽ„ , sweet ๐Ÿฌ, cow ๐Ÿฎ, ski ๐ŸŽฟ, plane โœˆ, etc, etc. No need the the new ones.

They're pish anyway.

I reckon.

ย 

39 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Agree with @Carl Fimble .They're a bit of a pain to select when using my lowly powered 'not so smart phone' . The original ones are sufficent imo.

Yeah, mine is supposed to be a smart phone but it isn't half thick sometimes, and it struggles with the three trillion new emoticons.ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

I voted for the old ones, not only are the new ones just new fangled pish and teenager-ey, but they fuck up my phone as there are so many of them. I really don't like them.ย 

Modern rubbish, and we are quite capable of expressing ourselves on here without stupid little faces. The old ones were ok though, and useful sometimes.

Also if I type "tree" on my phone it gives me the option: ๐ŸŽ„ , sweet ๐Ÿฌ, cow ๐Ÿฎ, ski ๐ŸŽฟ, plane โœˆ, etc, etc. No need the the new ones.

They're pish anyway.

I reckon.

ย 

Yes they're messing my phone up, for some reason the developers didn't add a lazyload type feature, so they all load at once and it freezes my smartphone, a Samsung S6 which isn't even that old frankly.

The first version of MS Messenger had a pair of handcuffs and a whip emoji. I can not begin to tell you how depressed I was the day that MS ditched Messenger, which worked, for that rubbish Skype that Balmer paid billions for and then had to justify paying for... so he closed down messenger.... just when Whatsapp was taking off.... What an idiot....

Anyhow, the lack of such emoji's seriously cramped my onlie dating techniques. Back to the crusty rolls.

/end rant

2 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Yes they're messing my phone up, for some reason the developers didn't add a lazyload type feature, so they all load at once and it freezes my smartphone, a Samsung S6 which isn't even that old frankly.

Bad developers! I thought it just my phone being a bit slow, it really doesn't like those new ones though that makes sense if they're all trying to load at once, there are loads of them!

Good they are offering a way to go back to the old ones.

5 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

They're pish anyway.

I reckon.

ย 

:P