• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Sucralose Ray Leonard

Bank Holiday Stereotype thread

So it's a bank holiday and we actually have great Weather. Well we do ooop here in YORKSHIRE anyway. 

So far I have seen the following Stereotypes;

Huge momma's with skinny boyfriend and litter of 3+.

Gym Orangutans posturing and strutting.

Very attractive women feeling the need for a resting bitch face. (to be fair the sun causes you to scrunch your face up somewhat).

Obese women and men wearing far too little.

However, just to add some positivity, nearly everyone seems happy as Larry*.

Amazing thing this Vitamin D making ball of Fire.

*Until late on when the booze turns them into complete and utter knobheads.

From my flat I saw a couple of typical older chav types on bikes (30s...maybe even 40s. I'd guess that they don't have steady jobs). They stopped by the school next to my block to have a rest. The young kids who were playing moved out of their way. The gobbier one of the two was the one who didn't wear a top but probably should have done. Not a nice sight.

1 hour ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Huge momma's with skinny boyfriend and litter of 3+.

Grey tacksuit bottoms?

33 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

My Yorkshire friend calls the gym orangutangs 'invisible carpet roll holders'. Due to the position that they  have to hold their arms. 

xD Either that or the stance that one has when one has an 'accident' . :D

I’m not seeing much other than my back garden, my cats and dog flaked out and Mr B burning in all the usual places. 

I’m reminiscing. My eldest has turned 21 today and I’m thinking back to 1997 ( which was also a good summer, weather wise), the dawn of a new era, a new government and how totally optimistic I was as a new mum of 26. Things were only going to get better. 

Things don’t look like I thought they would and neither do I.

Still, the suns out and it’s gawjus here. It feels like one of those days when nothing really matters. 

31 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I’m not seeing much other than my back garden, my cats and dog flaked out and Mr B burning in all the usual places. 

I’m reminiscing. My eldest has turned 21 today and I’m thinking back to 1997 ( which was also a good summer, weather wise), the dawn of a new era, a new government and how totally optimistic I was as a new mum of 26. Things were only going to get better. 

Things don’t look like I thought they would and neither do I.

Still, the suns out and it’s gawjus here. It feels like one of those days when nothing really matters. 

Led by a straightforward kinda guy.  Looking back how daft were people to believe him.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Reminds me of this:

bmw-i-ok-nau-w-i-utica-nautica-robinthic

I had plans for doing the garden yesterday and today but alas a horsefly bite on my knee has put paid to that. All the pharmacies are shut too. Anyone feeling brave who isn't aware of what a horsefly bite looks like should look them up on Google Images 🤢

Just returned from a walk in the hills. When I got back to the car park a big family of Eastern Euros (heavy-set, swarthy) having a  BBQ there, horrible music blasting from their stereo. I saw the same a couple of weeks ago in a different place but with some muslims. I got the impression littering the countryside isn't a taboo in their cultures.

1 hour ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Just returned from a walk in the hills. When I got back to the car park a big family of Eastern Euros (heavy-set, swarthy) having a  BBQ there, horrible music blasting from their stereo. I saw the same a couple of weeks ago in a different place but with some muslims. I got the impression littering the countryside isn't a taboo in their cultures.

Check your white privilege.  They are entitled to blare their music and chuck litter all over the place. 

I wondered why it was so busy out and about, a bank holiday you say? Being self employed I don't get them off and not following the news I had no idea.

I just thought it was an awfully busy day for a Monday, with people all over Arthurs Seat and folk wandering about town with ice creams and not enough clothes on.

1 hour ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

When I was younger and living at home there was a grass car park over the road from my parents' house; it wasn't isolated and was popular in summer.

Every summer for several years one family used to park there every day for a week and set out their tables, chairs, and sun loungers next to their car and spend the whole day there before packing up and going home to return the next day.  They weren't chavvy, didn't play music, didn't litter.  The view was nice I admit, but there was no getting away from the fact that they were spending their week's holiday in a car park.  Albeit a nice one.   There were grassy headlands and beaches nearby but they preferred the car park.

Maybe some people like to be next to their car.

I have no idea why anyone that has even the smallest garden, or even a balcony, would go anywhere on a bank holiday.

Edit. Was typing this as TMT posted. Maybe ignore the balcony bit!

Edited by Cunning Plan

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When I was younger and living at home there was a grass car park over the road from my parents' house; it wasn't isolated and was popular in summer.

Every summer for several years one family used to park there every day for a week and set out their tables, chairs, and sun loungers next to their car and spend the whole day there before packing up and going home to return the next day.  They weren't chavvy, didn't play music, didn't litter.  The view was nice I admit, but there was no getting away from the fact that they were spending their week's holiday in a car park.  Albeit a nice one.   There were grassy headlands and beaches nearby but they preferred the car park.

Maybe some people like to be next to their car.

Maybe they had seen the locals and were worried the car would be on bricks if they left it any length of time. o.O

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Centre of Oxford closed off by Police. Someone fired 5 shots. Reports that the Police are trying to talk someone down from a balcony.

Usuual bank holiday shoot-up then.

Thank heavens we have gun control laws here, unlike Trump's horrible USA.

Just now, One percent said:

Maybe they had seen the locals and were worried the car would be on bricks if they left it any length of time. o.O

No, it really wasn't remotely like that!  They could have walked off for the day and left all their stuff and the only things that would have happened to it would have been the seagulls ripping all the bags open for food.  I would say the same applies today.

8 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I have no idea why anyone that has even the smallest garden, or even a balcony, would go anywhere on a bank holiday.

Edit. Was typing this as TMT posted. Maybe ignore the balcony bit!

Yep, bank holidays are for me: car stays in the garage.  I've been out in the garden and out walking but I'm not joining the traffic queue to the nearest tourist hotspot.

I went out last weekend and will do next but on bank holidays I don't go anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No, it really wasn't remotely like that!  They could have walked off for the day and left all their stuff and the only things that would have happened to it would have been the seagulls ripping all the bags open for food.  I would say the same applies today.

Yep, bank holidays are for me: car stays in the garage.  I've been out in the garden and out walking but I'm not joining the traffic queue to the nearest tourist hotspot.

I went out last weekend and will do next but on bank holidays I don't go anywhere.

Following my argument to its logical conclusion, the only people out today will be flat dwelling Bennie bunnies. And I don't want to mix with them 😀

Though I did think of getting the bus/train to Portsmouth - but at over £90 for three of us I thought again.

Loads of people out on brand new bikes this morning. I cycled up behind a lady, 50's, who was under 5 foot tall with very short legs. She fell off her bike several times as I approached her and, as I passed her, she fell off again so I had to stop to offer assistantce.

She had one of those old-fashioned bikes with the basket on the front that women love but which, IMPO, are totally impractical. It was a good make and I reckon she had paid about £500 for it. With the seat on the lowest setting she could just touch floor but the handlebars, bearing in mind that they are are the raised handle-bars on such bikes, we well up above her shoulders. Totally impossible for her to ride. Nonwonder she kept falling off.

A localbike shop had apparently sold it to her. My heart felt for her. No way would I have sold that bike to her. But then perhaps she just wanted THAT bike and a sale is a sale is a sale.

Her friend had the same brand of bike but in a totally sensible hybrid format which was ideal for her.

What is it with women of a certain age who insist on buying the below style of bike? It must be something to do with the self-image that they had of themselves.

Flourish-2_Color-A_Brown.jpg

2 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

That's one of my pet hates.  "Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints".