• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Van Halen

4 minutes ago, mooncat69 said:

Is it like Radio 2 drive time, where the rock artists only have one or two possible songs from their whole back catalogue? 

Nah VH have a good 7 years.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Ive heard

Panama ahhh.

Running with the devil

Eruption

Hot for teacher.

You probably know this one..  if you don’t know it in 5 seconds maybe not.

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

You probably know this one..  if you don’t know it in 5 seconds maybe not.

Ive got all van hagan pre hagar on my mp3.

Nothing like van on a warm sunny afternoon.

Then i see a fat arse british woman and i realise im not in xalifirnia... on the beach.

My 4 year old has developed a bit of a Michael Jackson obsession after watching the Dispicable Me 3 film, which features Bad in the soundtrack. 

I showed him the original Michael Jackson video on YouTube and then a bunch more including Beat It, which features a Van Halen guitar solo.

I thought it would be fun to show him a video of Van Halen actually playing the solo, so looked one up on YouTube.

I found this one, and it's laughably bad tuneless rubbish. My boy was not impressed.

xD

4 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

My 4 year old has developed a bit of a Michael Jackson obsession after watching the Dispicable Me 3 film, which features Bad in the soundtrack. 

I showed him the original Michael Jackson video on YouTube and then a bunch more including Beat It, which features a Van Halen guitar solo.

I thought it would be fun to show him a video of Van Halen actually playing the solo, so looked one up on YouTube.

I found this one, and it's laughably bad tuneless rubbish. My boy was not impressed.

xD

Give Eddy his dues, id not be fully concentrating on the guitar with mickey j jumping around behind me.....

7 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

xD

The 'Beat It' solo is either brilliant in a way I can't understand, or just the drunken ramblings of an egotist. A lot of Judas Priest is like that - sounds like various warm-up exercises spliced into songs at random, with no connection to the underlying chord changes.

3 hours ago, mooncat69 said:

The 'Beat It' solo is either brilliant in a way I can't understand, or just the drunken ramblings of an egotist. A lot of Judas Priest is like that - sounds like various warm-up exercises spliced into songs at random, with no connection to the underlying chord changes.

As far as I can tell the random shredding and squealing solos are KK Downing's. Glenn Tipton's are a lot more melodic :) .