• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

3 hours ago, sarahbell said:

i think it'd be blood stained

Blood sweat and tears I would imagine by the end. 

Little carving kits are quite cheap though, and it would be great to be able to carve stuff.

28 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Little carving kits are quite cheap though, and it would be great to be able to carve stuff.

If you have an itch.

Scratch it! :D

19 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

If you have an itch.

Scratch it! :D

4gb RAM required, I've only got two, and they're not replaceable. I'll maybe just get a wee lump of wood and some blades though. 

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

4gb RAM required, I've only got two, and they're not replaceable. I'll maybe just get a wee lump of wood and some blades though. 

What are you running? xD

atari.png.de0e0694571d12b31e033493e1fc0a95.png

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

What are you running? xD

atari.png.de0e0694571d12b31e033493e1fc0a95.png

Cheaper, a £99 Acer Cloudbook 11. 32gb storage, 2gb RAM, 64 bit Windows 10, and a 32gb microSD memory card permanently attached in a tiny adaptor, oh, and it has a 1.6ghz dual core(?) processor. Was in the Microsoft Black Fri thing a year or so ago, works really well for dealing with files, emails, internetting and watching videos, Excel and Word too. I love it, and love the fact it was so cheap. No fan and SSD memory so no problems with dust and knocks, quiet too, HDMI port, memory card slot, two USB, one is USB3, small charger, long battery life, matt screen, blah blag. Had to put a USB stick in it to update the last time but it's running ok now, I think.

Unless I was editing video or audio, or Photoshoppy kinda stuff I would buy another little notebook like this again. I do use paint.net sometimes, and it works fine, everything just works. 

Also, I was Amiga, not Atari, and if I'm not mistaken those discs were 1-1.44Mb and a hard drive might be 20Mb...

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Cheaper, a £99 Acer Cloudbook 11. 32gb storage, 2gb RAM, 64 bit Windows 10, and a 32gb microSD memory card permanently attached in a tiny adaptor, oh, and it has a 1.6ghz dual core(?) processor. Was in the Microsoft Black Fri thing a year or so ago, works really well for dealing with files, emails, internetting and watching videos, Excel and Word too. I love it, and love the fact it was so cheap. No fan and SSD memory so no problems with dust and knocks, quiet too, HDMI port, memory card slot, two USB, one is USB3, small charger, long battery life, matt screen, blah blag. Had to put a USB stick in it to update the last time but it's running ok now, I think.

Unless I was editing video or audio, or Photoshoppy kinda stuff I would buy another little notebook like this again. I do use paint.net sometimes, and it works fine, everything just works. 

A little bit of my spirit just died. :(

Glad you like it. :D

2 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

A little bit of my spirit just died. :(

Glad you like it. :D

I imagine this is similar to someone describing their brand new Vauxhall Corsa to me, raving about it's ability to drive to the shops and back.

I just something which has a (decent) keyboard and a screen, to do emails, work shit, and storage fanning about with- getting photos off phones, etc. I can run a website and business from it and watch stuff, and it's capable of running everything I need. 

What are you running?

:Geek:

Operating System: Windows 10 build 17134 (64-bit)
CPU Type: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Number of CPUs: 1
Cores per CPU: 4
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Motherboard: H110M-A
Memory: 16GB Crucial Technology Unknown
Videocard: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Hard Drive: HFS250G32TND-3112A (250GB)
Hard Drive: WDC WD20EZRZ-00Z5HB0 (2TB)
Hard Drive: WD Ext HDD 1021 USB Device (2TB)

I work in IT and I think Carl's right, for home use most people's machines are way in excess of what is needed. 

I was forced to buy a Macbook air for the missus simply so she wouldn't be fucking it up all the time, blaming the machine and taking up days of my time fixing it. She still manages to fuck it up quite a lot but not as much as she would a Windows machine. But the machine is way more than what she needs.

Unless, of course, you want to run something like a digital sculpting application.

On 23/05/2018 at 00:42, Carl Fimble said:

PPigSculpt.thumb.jpg.97ab9b5a44d299ee1436ea909f9d4dff.jpg