DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Property values collapse in April

TheCountOfNowhere

3 hours ago, Ponty Mython said:

C*unt, it is you who is the troll.

You have effectively been chased from HPC for incessantly posting shite to fit your own agenda, which is massively at odds with reality. As an utter fantastist, you claim to have moved to a chateau in France, but then "came back." You claim to have trebled your net worth to more than £2m "in the bank" over the last ten years, despite having no understanding of the way that investing in the stock market works and, clearly, you have not benefited from the massive gains in the UK property market. If you really do have over £2m "in the bank", you are even more stupid than your posting style would suggest. Given the amount of time that you spend posting repetitive, self-affirming, shite on social media, I cannot imagine you are running a successful business, similarly you lack the intelligence to be employed in a position that would pay sufficiently to enable you to amass such a level of personal wealth.

This site is populated, in the main, by financial pragmatists and realists. As you depart for the make-believe safe space that occupies your mind today, make sure that the door doesn't smack you on the arse on the way out. Complain to Spunko all you like, this place (and the wider world) is a better place without you.

Merry Christmas.

Weapon of choice: keyboard. 

No need for the aggressive posting style. I'll give the Count of Nowhere a right to reply but please tone it down.

Also 2 people did complain about your post but neither of them were TCON, for what it's worth. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One percent
4 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

No need for the aggressive posting style. I'll give the Count of Nowhere a right to reply but please tone it down.

I think this is a first for this site. We argue and debate but never resort to personal attack.  Well apart from @Cunning Plan over grammar. 

Wight Flight
11 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think this is a first for this site. We argue and debate but never resort to personal attack.  Well apart from @Cunning Plan over grammar. 

Harsh. I am trying to self moderate.

One percent
12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Harsh. I am trying to self moderate.

Well we do need someone to corral those stray apostrophes. 

Hail the Tripod
9 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

If only for the three hours that they reached that rate for last time but seems to be indelibly etched in everyone's memory as some kind of long term event. The same memory that conveniently forgets the three years of 15% wage inflation.

The point being a sudden and dramatic rise in interest rates triggered that crash. I don’t think it is sensible to assume a similar pattern would play out absent the precondition of dramatic rises. Let us be in no doubt, interest rates were punishingly high in that period.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/factcheck+how+high+were+interest+rates+in+the+eighties/2470357.html

Rates hovered between 9 and 7.5 per cent for the first half of 1988, before breaching the two-figure mark on 21 July. By September, it was 12 per cent, and went up another percentage point in November 1988.

Things got worse in 1989, with rates reaching 15 per cent in October. They dropped a percentage point in October 1990, and then continued to drop steadily through 1991, landing at 10.5 per cent in September 1991.

The blackest cloud of interest-rate history - at least in recent memory - floats 16 years ago this month, when the UK crashed out of the Exchange Rate Mechanism on Black Wednesday.

On 16 September 1992, interest rates went up from 10 per cent to12 per cent - and the Tory government said they would go up again to 15 per cent the next day.

This 15 per cent peak associated with Black Wednesday wasn't actually implemented - there was no need to raise the rates further as the UK conceded ERM defeat.

A month later, rates fell to 8 per cent - the start of a general downward trend until they reached a modern-seeming 5.75 per cent in June 1996.

TheCountOfNowhere
11 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Also 2 people did complain about your post but neither of them were TCON, for what it's worth. 

I see they're here too :ph34r: That's made my day.   I

wondered when someone would have a dig. 

I have got to laugh.  That came right out the blue. She seems to know an awful lot about TCON and is follows him on twitter, even though they hate him.  You've got to be some sort of crazy assed f**ker to follow someone on twitter that you so ardently abhor. O.o Still 2100 followers seem to disagree and the HPC message is reaching further and further by the day.

As you say Spunko, I didn't complain, nor would I.  Whomever she is has just come across as a total and utter :wanker:.

If he wants to spout that s**t she's more than welcome to, no complaint from me, it's an open forum.

It was quiet pleaseant over here until that attack.

A personal attack speaks volumes, a more reasoned logical argument might have been more productive.

Onwards and downwards ( for the housing bubble ).

2 hours ago, Hail the Tripod said:

The point being a sudden and dramatic rise in interest rates triggered that crash. I don’t think it is sensible to assume a similar pattern would play out absent the precondition of dramatic rises. Let us be in no doubt, interest rates were punishingly high in that period.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/factcheck+how+high+were+interest+rates+in+the+eighties/2470357.html

0.5% rise ought to do it this time.

TheCountOfNowhere
10 hours ago, One percent said:

I was enjoying being in dosbod due to the lack of loons attacking me.

Sorry for unleashing the beast on your fine site. Most of you know me from ToS so a massive personal attack like that hopefully has little sway on peoples view of my posts.  It might have worked elsewhere but dosbods is a cut above your run of the mill sheeple forums.

I assume there is a blocking feature....

They seem to have misundetstood the type of people that have migrated from ToS to here, decent, intelligent people who like a debate and a laugh.

Who's laughing today....me, at her :Jumping:

#Blocked

Retail sales see big drop. Retailers going out of business or go into a shot gun marriage - Asda+Sainsburys. House prices see drop. There is an air of uncertainty right now.

TheCountOfNowhere
21 minutes ago, 201p said:

Retail sales see big drop. Retailers going out of business or go into a shot gun marriage - Asda+Sainsburys. House prices see drop. There is an air of uncertainty right now.

There's been uncertainty for 10 years, pensions, house prices, jobs, economic policy, oil prices, food prices, loonies on the internet attacking people because they want lower sustainable house prices and a functioning economy.

These are interesting times, I miss the boring times.

Archived