• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

A dangerous trend of anti-white racism is increasingly promoted by parts of the Western media

I find these things very disturbing as, at best, they seem designed to deliberately divide British / Western people based on skin colour IMPO.

At worst, they seem intent on deriding white people at every opportunity for an unknown agenda one can only speculate about.

As these things are increasing in our media and politics perhaps it is time for such a thread?

I'm not clicking the bait to find out what the white rears are about.

This is typical left wing emotion tugging / he who shouts loudest gets heard crap.

Their circulation is low but visibility is high exactly because of their shit stirring articles.

I was looking to stick this somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-44027613

Mainly because of these interesting responses.

Mr Varadarajan told me Kondabulu's documentary "suffused with self-righteous indignation about the racism-by-caricature in Apu" is to blame for the recent kerfuffle.

Also, he says, "this has happened at a moment of particular cultural sensitivity in liberal America, with the white intelligentsia being even more capitulative than before to accusations of racism".

"I guess the fact that Indians haven't traditionally been at the forefront of America's race-complaint industry has given this latest outrage over Apu added significance. But in my view, just because traditional non-whiners are whining doesn't mean that the whining is justified!"

Sanjoy Chakravorty, co-author of The Other One Percent: Indians in America, isn't even sure whether there is any wider outrage over Apu beyond the "media echo chamber" following the Kondabolu documentary.

"As I see it, there are two primary products that second generation Indian American comedians sell - the ridiculousness of their parents' 'culture' (arranged marriage and 'my son, the doctor' are the commonest tropes); and the racism of white Americans," Professor Chakravorty, who teaches at Temple University in Pennsylvania, told me in an email interview.

"It is not hard to see why these two lowest hanging fruits are plucked all the time. This is very standard fare. Apu is also very standard fare. What Kondabulu has done is nothing new. He picked almost the most identifiable Indian project possible in the US. And he plugged into the market for identity-based outrage."

You must be offended! Or else!!

The number of threads about racism, sexism etc. on here is as boring as the MSM banging on about it

Edited by BBH

21 minutes ago, BBH said:

The number of threads about racism, sexism etc. on here is as boring as the MSM banging on about it

I know right, takes me ages to click through them all, read them, then get all worked up and upset. 

If you can't bear to read the Grauniad, there is the Off Guardian website, off-guardian.org, for all those CiFers who found that the have been barred or had comments deleted for being off-message. It seems to have quite high standards and journalistic integrity.

46 minutes ago, BBH said:

3 out of 24 on the first page doesn't seem huge to me ? 

There are definitely a bit more than you may see on many other sites though. No doubt about that. 

However you have to realise this site was set up mainly in response to another site many on here used to frequent specifically stating "You must not talk about x or y anymore".

It's not really surprising that you are going to find more types of these topics on here than on other chat sites. 

I’m with frank, I could not read it to the end. Who exactly does she think she is, trotting out her stereotypes, labels and blatantly discriminatory views. It should be taken to the press complaints bods. 

2 hours ago, eight said:

I was looking to stick this somewhere.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-44027613

Mainly because of these interesting responses.

You must be offended! Or else!!

Prof Chakravorty adds that he loves The Simpsons.

"As far as I am concerned: Apu is one of three likable characters in The Simpsons - Lisa and Marge are the others. Homer, a caricature of the ignorant, blue collar white male, is actually the most offensive."

Goodness gracious me, he said it.

To be fair to the #vilebbc this is actually quite a levelheaded article. Several viewpoints considered, and not much shrieking.

I mean the one posted by @eight http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-44027613

I realised that I tend to read BBC News articles with my cursor very close to the X button, meaning they have become predictable and offensive.

On 09/05/2018 at 10:19, Frank Hovis said:

'kin hell.  I couldn't read that to the end.  A more steaming pile of shit it is hard to imagine.

Remind me. What colour is the majority of the human race on this planet?

Light brown/olive - South/Central America  

Brown - North africa

Browner - Most of India

Black - Sub Saharan Africa  

Yellowish - China/ SE Asia

Edited by mattydread
context

It's like the racism and ageism of the LibDem leader Vince Cable as demonstrated recently at the LibDem conference when speaking about the Brexit vote during his speech - racism and ageism that his LibDem audience vigorously applauded in the style of a Nuremburg rally. 

How is the guardian article not deeply offensive.  Blatant and outright racism along with hefty dollops of sexism - I expect if it's not actually illegal it must be sailing very close to it.  

Like in Cable's case I very much doubt if the authorities will take any action against it though.

Edited by twocents

The article was written by someone called Ruby Hamad. 

Apparently she grew up in Australia and lives there.  It's not clear if she was born there.  What is it about Australian women that they think they know it all for the rest of the world about females (and males) to be so racist and sexist - going back to the sexist Germaine Greer.  Even Dame Edna - compared to Sir Les Patterson as portrayed by Barry Humphries.

Edited by twocents

On 09/05/2018 at 10:57, BBH said:

Many people on here are frustrated by the Media who keep bringing up racism,sexism,transphobia and islamophobia as if it is extremely prevalent amongst nasty White people.

Unfortunately many of the people who promote the rights of minorities want much more than equality for minorities.

On 09/05/2018 at 10:33, Carl Fimble said:

Gosh, I wonder who could be behind this sort of thing...

I know what you mean but 90%+ it's a white person who is actually buying and consuming the product and it's almost entirely voluntary. We cannot ignore the culpability of our own people in all this.