• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Rare Bear

Unable to connect

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at tpc.googlesyndication.com.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Looks like Google doesn’t like ad blocking DNSs.

33 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Where are you seeing this, which page(s)?

I'd just reinstalled everything from scratch, pissed off with Windows so Mint Linux,  and I'd set up Adguard as the DNS but had not yet installed Adblock in Firefox. The message turned up in the side bits of the Daily Mail website where I think I used to see ads the odd time I forgot to do any blocking. 

The unreachable domain is indeed a Google advertising serving domain. So it sounds like your ad blocker is working properly. The domain name cannot be resolved. Thus the message you see is similar to or the same as what you'd get if the machine was offline.

What's the issue or question? Were you expecting to see, for instance, a blank space instead of an error message?

On 09/05/2018 at 23:46, DTMark said:

The unreachable domain is indeed a Google advertising serving domain. So it sounds like your ad blocker is working properly. The domain name cannot be resolved. Thus the message you see is similar to or the same as what you'd get if the machine was offline.

What's the issue or question? Were you expecting to see, for instance, a blank space instead of an error message?

No issue, more just a remark. It just so happened that I had set up the ad blocking dns on the router so gogle was able to complain vi the browser before I installed adblock in the browser. As you say, it just shows that the ad blockers, both dns and browser are doing their jobs.