• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

What a waste. I could cry

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5709607/Traffic-held-Polish-motorway-tons-liquid-chocolate-spilled-busy-road.html

A lorry has overturned on a Polish motorway and splashed tons of liquid chocolate that is now solidifying all over the road.

The private broadcaster TVN24 showed images of an overturned truck surrounded by brown chocolate covering six lanes on the A2 motorway, blocking traffic in both directions.

Rescue officials said the liquid chocolate was solidifying as it cooled and would require large amounts of hot water to clear away.

Senior brigadier Bogdan Kowalski, with the fire brigade of Slupca, a town in western Poland, said 'the cooling chocolate is worse than snow.'

15 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5709607/Traffic-held-Polish-motorway-tons-liquid-chocolate-spilled-busy-road.html

A lorry has overturned on a Polish motorway and splashed tons of liquid chocolate that is now solidifying all over the road.

The private broadcaster TVN24 showed images of an overturned truck surrounded by brown chocolate covering six lanes on the A2 motorway, blocking traffic in both directions.

Rescue officials said the liquid chocolate was solidifying as it cooled and would require large amounts of hot water to clear away.

Senior brigadier Bogdan Kowalski, with the fire brigade of Slupca, a town in western Poland, said 'the cooling chocolate is worse than snow.'

Why don't they use it as an outer weatherproofing for gingerbread houses?

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

If it was Cadbury's it will have been inedible before it was spilled

5 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Someone should hijack a lorry full of biscuits and crash into it.

Now you have a fine business idea, Mr Kit-Kat.

2 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Nah, if it was Cadbury's it will be too oily

It really is nasty stuff these days isn’t it. I’m sat here now with a small chunk of hotel chocolate fruit and nut. Expensive but MUCH superior. 👍

Just now, One percent said:

It really is nasty stuff these days isn’t it. I’m sat here now with a small chunk of hotel chocolate fruit and nut. Expensive but MUCH superior. 👍

It's the only 'food' that I instinctively spit out (other than rotten)

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

It's the only 'food' that I instinctively spit out (other than rotten)

Wasn’t it bought out by nestles or somesuch?  Who then promptly sacked all the workers after promising that they wouldn’t. 

Now bear with me...

But this reminds me of the old story of General Custer and his trip to the quartermasters to requisition some tents.

Unfortunately they only had some portable huts, last used by the navy; which were in sore need of weatherproofing.

The stores didn't have any bitumen in stock to apply to the roofs of these huts, but they did have plenty of old chocolate; which the quartermaster assured General Custer would do as fine a job of keeping the elements out as any other pitch-based compound.So, they applied the molten confectionery to the roof of the huts which had previously been the property of the US Navy.

And a mighty fine weatherproofing job it made too.

Meanwhile....

Sitting Bull asked Geronimo what his spies had seen of the US 7th Cavalry's movements.

And he replied.

In the medium of song:

"Huts, old naval huts! Cavalry take them and they cover them with chocolate!"

Totally obscure to anyone under the age of 40 I guess. But it had to be said!

Wasn’t it bought out by nestles or somesuch?  Who then promptly sacked all the workers after promising that they wouldn’t. 

Kraft.

Courtesy of Gordon Brown.

Kraft.

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Kraft I think, production moved to Poland I think

2 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Now bear with me...

But this reminds me of the old story of General Custer and his trip to the quartermasters to requisition some tents.

Unfortunately they only had some portable huts, last used by the navy; which were in sore need of weatherproofing.

The stores didn't have any bitumen in stock to apply to the roofs of these huts, but they did have plenty of old chocolate; which the quartermaster assured General Custer would do as fine a job of keeping the elements out as any other pitch-based compound.So, they applied the molten confectionery to the roof of the huts which had previously been the property of the US Navy.

Meanwhile....

Sitting Bull asked Geronimo what his spies had seen of the US 7th Cavalry's movements.

And he replied.

In the medium of song:

Kraft.

Kraft.

Squirrel shit. 

Bet very few get that reference either. 

Just now, Hopeful said:

Kraft I think, production moved to Poland I think

The upside is that the U.K. taxpayer isn’t subsidising them through the Bennie system then. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Squirrel shit. 

Bet very few get that reference either. 

The upside is that the U.K. taxpayer isn’t subsidising them through the Bennie system then. 

Even more direct, it's through our payment to the EU

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Ah.  o.O

It's been the dismantling of Britain

The redistribution of our wealth to others

The redistribution of others' cultures to us

The destruction of our traditions by our own self-loathing liberals

9 minutes ago, unregistered_guest said:

Now bear with me...

Meanwhile....

And he replied.

In the medium of song:

Kraft.

Kraft.

I know of those chocolate covered Naval huts, for I used to serve on them for 3 months at a time, and that is the best misheard lyrics I have heard today.

15 hours ago, One percent said:

Kraft US, I think.

16 hours ago, One percent said:

Did people stuck in the resultant traffic jam lose their temper ? 

15 hours ago, One percent said:

Yup, all tastes like wax to me.  Worst offender is Galaxy - more like shoe polish than chocolate. LIDL's and Tescos 75% & 85% are very nice - I can't stretch to your bourgeois titbits 1%!

6 minutes ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Yup, all tastes like wax to me.  Worst offender is Galaxy - more like shoe polish than chocolate. LIDL's and Tescos 75% & 85% are very nice - I can't stretch to your bourgeois titbits 1%!

I don't do it often, about twice a year...  way too expensive.  Agree though, the supermarket home brands are much preferable to the big brands now.  Sad. It's the same as everything, they seem to be determined to make everything worse....

It was probably a lorry load for UK import so it's good news if just for Health and Safety.

They're clearly scraping the barrel for news or using it to cover up some other news. 

Edited by twocents